KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

actually ill buy splatoon 3 day 1 but title is a joke refering to my other thread :P

ok, I am a slightly above average splatoon player. definitely better than i am at mario kart 8. I reached rank X in splatzone/tower control/clam blitz couldnt do it on rainmaker. i just cant shoot the rainmaker. i cant aim 1 shot weapons. never have been able to.

ok...however i kept losing my x rank over and over and it really pissed me off. i ended up switching to paladins and overwatch. This is what splatoon 2 needs to do to keep average or above average players committed. pro players doesnt matter. and if you are a noob then this might make you quit. but this is only for ranked mode.

1. regular turf war is fine but during splatfest they have an option to play "pro turf war" i think they need to have both available at all times. in case you want to play some turf war and be paired up with somewhat decent teammates.

2. ranked: ok...they need to have a system that counts 1.objective time 2. kills 3. assists. 4. turf inked

the reason is...after a match is over and you lose. everyone loses the same amount of rank or level. in a game with only 4 players. 1 player being a asshole is enough to completely mess up a team. if splatoon was 5 or 6 players then others could carry the 1 or 2 bad ones. but when there are only 4. 1 person missing is a death sentence.

if they count the 4 things i mentioned. then at the end of a match it should calculate how well you did. and should rank you from 1 to 4 on was 1st 2nd 3rd. if you lose, the person in 1st should get the least amount of rank taken away and the person in 4th should have the most.

its super frustrating to try your heart out to win and 2 of your teammates are squidbagging at the spawn. or just standing there AFK. its a horrible feeling to put that effort and have it spit in your face by your teammates not caring. This will also eliminate a lot of the trolling because if you throw the game you will lose the most points of the whole team. so you end up being stupid.

it could work both ways. if you win, then 1st could get most and last could get least but when you win it dont matter imo. id be fine with everyone getting the same.

3. Replay/spectate feature. ok so counting the objective time/kills etc..etc. will be a wonder however there are many times when everyone is trying and you still lose. and you are left wondering....what happened? what happened there? who took the zone? etc... who messed up? etc... sometimes you are left with questions after the match. or maybe you want to improve by watching better players....

this feature needs to be here and it needs to have the ability to spectate the game from the perpective of every player on the team. so you can see exactly what each of them were seeing.

----------------

these are 3 things that i think will make splatoon much less frustrating and maybe a little more fun(if you are decent)

what do you think of this? what would you change?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7253 Posts

This is why I don't play many games online. All the freaking rankings, trophys, and gold stars for your stickerbook get in the way of playing a game for the fun of it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KBFloYd

@judaspete said:

This is why I don't play many games online. All the freaking rankings, trophys, and gold stars for your stickerbook get in the way of playing a game for the fun of it.

well, ranked it called ranked for a reason. turf war is available for everyone who wants to relax.

ranked is meant for people to get more serious. and if the system i said happens then the people who keep losing will just go lower and lower in rank. eventually they will be playing with people of equal skill. the way it is now everyone ranks down equally so you get a lot of uneven matchmaking. carefree/bad players will either A. quit the game or B. try to get better or C. stick with turf war or D just enjoy playing in D/C rank

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Ah, fellow Inklings. Splatoon 2 is probably my main Switch game, probably because I always like competitve squad-base gaming. And feel you are asking for advantages on your own playstyle wanting to get a second chance and study patterns. The purpose in arena shooters is to pick up player-quirks and have the reflexes to act on instinct; maybe even have a good friend watch your back (depending on mode). Otherwise beats the purpose of the game. The spectate suggestion would be nice though, if needs to be brief.

Always liked the way Splatoon handles Rank mode, also a replay feature would not work for a competitive arena shooter. Follows the same structure of top arena shooters dating back to Quake and Unreal. It became a standard for very good reason.

What I want, which is what everyone should want is an in-game chatroom! Overwatch has it dammit! Let's not fool ourselves, the official mobile app is garbage and everyone just uses Discord when squading up. More hassle than it should be, make it right and the standard.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I bought Splatoon 2 (never played 1) and played turf war. It's enjoyable. I'm not very good, and being a low level means my guns suck, but I see why people enjoy it.

I just haven't fallen in love with it though. Maybe I'm missing something @KBFloYd?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KBFloYd

@sonic_spark said:

I bought Splatoon 2 (never played 1) and played turf war. It's enjoyable. I'm not very good, and being a low level means my guns suck, but I see why people enjoy it.

I just haven't fallen in love with it though. Maybe I'm missing something @KBFloYd?

idk...some guns are more OP than others but harder to aim and land shots with so its still hard. if you are good you can do well with any gun. except maybe a sniper.

the only reason i liked it was because i was pretty good at it. if i was not that good i would have quit a long time ago.

im good at it but i am not super good at it unfortunately. this is where my frustration lies. im good enough to reach X rank and dominate a lot of times but not good enough to carry the team consistently and keep my X rank. this is where my frustration lies.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@KBFloYd: they should make it like every other game and make all game modes available to play in casual or ranked matches

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: they should make it like every other game and make all game modes available to play in casual or ranked matches

thats like one of the least important problems in this game to even worry about.

also..

you can. its called private lobbies but you need friends.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@KBFloYd: why can’t Nintendo offer the same options and convenience as everyone else?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KBFloYd

if they do that then maybe some modes will be dead. you wont be able to get a game a rainmaker or clam blitz or something at 10:00 a.m.

just look at call of duty. such a huge fanbase and after a few months you cant get a game of gun game or headquarters or something.

this assures you can always just get on and get a game.

i think thats why they do it but not sure.