Something you may have missed from today's incredible Nintendo Direct. Guild02.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

Here's the trailer, but read the following descriptions before responding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=txa87n2thpY

• The Starship Damrey: You awaken in a Cold Sleep capsule with no memory of how you got there. With no explanation whatsoever, how will your struggle to escape end? From pioneers of the text-based adventure genre, Kazuya Asano and Takemaru Abiko, comes a new adventure where the inconceivable truth awaits.
  • Bugs vs. Tanks!: Keiji Inafune puts you in the heat of battle against the bugs! When a World War II panzer squad goes missing in action after being shrunk to the size of a bug, their war continues against this new thread.
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale: From acclaimed story designer Kaz Ayabe, players take on the role of a child in a world where the hero shows and giant monsters of TV are a reality. Kaz Ayabe lets you run free in a place of idyllic scenery where a new drama unfolds.

I put the poll on top, but I'd also like to you rate your interest in the three games from 1 to 10. For me:

Damrey - 7/10 I think a weird first-person horror game may work very well and be very interesting.
BvT - 3/10 I don't care if it's from Inafune, it just doesn't look very good. I could be proven wrong though.
Tokyo Tale - 9/10 I love story-driven games, and so while this one looks to be perhaps the least like an actual game, I'm hoping for a quirky, but good and touching story and I think it could deliver. How about you guys?

Also, that may have been the biggest Nintendo Direct (in quantity and qualitity of info) since Directs have started. I'm really loving this format that they announce info with.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

BvT looked awful. 

The other two looked interesting and worth keeping an eye on. 

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Didn't like the look of any of them really.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Attack of the Friday Monsters! Looked pretty interesting. These are going to be on the eshop, no?
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Starship Damrey looks like it could be interesting, but I would like to see more. 

Ants vs. Tanks seemed underwhelming from what they showed. I thought of Plants vs. Zombies before they showed the gameplay and was kind of let down :P.

Friday Monsters could be interesting as well.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

1) Starship Damrey - this looks like a survival horror?.. :)

2) Attack of Friday Monster a Tokyo's Tale - tho I hope the US flag colour on what look like Ultraman can be change. :P

Stuff that tank game ..& that Keiji Inafune white guy wannabe. 

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Should I be exited about these?

I'd really need to see more.  They all seemed like low-grade efforts. 

Starship Damrey showed a few empty spaceship corridors with flickering lights.

Bugs vs Tanks looked like a cheaply made example of a dumb idea.

Friday Monsters was by far the most original and polished, until they got to the kaiju monsters which looked really lame (even for 70s monsters).

If they were hoping to generate interest they'll need to try harder.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

Should I be exited about these?

I'd really need to see more.  They all seemed like low-grade efforts. 

Starship Damrey showed a few empty spaceship corridors with flickering lights.

Bugs vs Tanks looked like a cheaply made example of a dumb idea.

Friday Monsters was by far the most original and polished, until they got to the kaiju monsters which looked really lame (even for 70s monsters).

If they were hoping to generate interest they'll need to try harder.

Audacitron
You should be as excited as you were for Guild01. :P A lot of people really loved Liberation Maiden, and that has some ardent defenders. Maybe Damrey or Tokyo Tale will become the next Liberation Maiden, but longer. I'm just saying that I think Damrey and Tokyo Tale look interesting enough to keep an eye on for when reviews come out.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

bugs vs tanks= tank tank tank rip off

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
eShop only=no buy. I f*cking hate DRM and refuse to buy any digital content from any service that has DRM.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
eShop only=no buy. I f*cking hate DRM and refuse to buy any digital content from any service that has DRM.famicommander
You're a dumbass. There is no DRM on the 3DS other than region locking it's not a PC. Download only is just their delivery method. These are small games why should they waste money on a retail copy? I'm most excited for Attack of the Friday Monsters! But Japan seems to like Bugs vs. Tank the most so I'm considering it.
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
if it dint have the robots.. the 3rd games looks like a sakura note rip-off.. thats the only one which looks interesting imo
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
oh i haven't missed it. starship damrey i want badly. the creators made the game that inspired the 999/VLR director.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]eShop only=no buy. I f*cking hate DRM and refuse to buy any digital content from any service that has DRM.Moloch121
You're a dumbass. There is no DRM on the 3DS other than region locking it's not a PC. Download only is just their delivery method. These are small games why should they waste money on a retail copy? I'm most excited for Attack of the Friday Monsters! But Japan seems to like Bugs vs. Tank the most so I'm considering it.

If I cannot back up a game, copy a game, or otherwise do what the hell I want with it, it's DRM. You don't have ownership of the game, you have a license to play it which is subject to Nintendo's terms of use. It's nothing more than a long term rental. Dumbass.