Something wrong with my wii? (video included)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 koolaide418
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

I noticed my disc drive spins like it wants to insert a disc when I turn it on.  Watch this video I took for a better look.  Can anyone give me an explanation???

http://media.putfile.com/Wii-Disc-Drive-Problem

P.S.  This only happens when there's no game inserted, as shown.

edit: make sure your volume is turned up

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

1. Does the Wii work like it should?

2. Is it just making that noice when you press the power button, or is it making that noice all the time / a lot of times, when the Wii is on?

If you answered "yes" on the first question, and "no" on the second, why do you care about the noice?

koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 koolaide418

2. Is it just making that noice when you press the power button, or is it making that noice all the time / a lot of times, when the Wii is on?

If you answered "yes" on the first question, and "no" on the second, why do you care about the noice?

Litchie

Yes it functions as it should, and no it only does this on power up and down.  I care about it because it never used to do that until a couple days ago and it's annoying.  Does anyone else's wii do this?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts
[QUOTE="Litchie"]

koolaide418

Yes it functions as it should, and no it only does this on power up and down. I care about it because it never used to do that until a couple days ago and it's annoying. Does anyone else's wii do this?

Why is it annoying? I don't even know if my Wii does that, and I couldn't care less. Come back when the Wii is broken.
zacf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 zacf
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts

mine does that 2

but

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?Nuck81

Exactly what I thought. I'm staying away from threads like this. We aren't stupid TC! 

koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 koolaide418

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?Duckman5

Exactly what I thought. I'm staying away from threads like this. We aren't stupid TC! 

no, if you actually turn up ur sound u can hear the drive spinning.  there's no popup or anything.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?koolaide418

no, if you actually turn up ur sound u can hear the drive spinning. there's no popup or anything.

You're the TC we can't trust YOU! Can someone confirm what he said?  

koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 koolaide418
[QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?Duckman5

no, if you actually turn up ur sound u can hear the drive spinning. there's no popup or anything.

fine, then just watch it with no volume first if ur THAT paranoid

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]this is one of thise things were you turn your volume up, get real close to listen fr something when some scream and a picture jumps up to scare you right?koolaide418

Maybe thats what you want me to do and you have an assasin trying to kill me using a Sniper Rifle! (Thats waht I'd sound like if I was paranoid.)

koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 koolaide418
[QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

Maybe thats what you want me to do and you have an assasin trying to kill me using a Sniper Rifle! (Thats waht I'd sound like if I was paranoid.)

ok, there's no ******* popups, can you or can you NOT give me any information what-so-ever on this topic!?

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I'm not watching the video just to be safe. But from what you are saying this is normal. It is because you don't have a game in the Wii. When the Wii isn't in use it switchs to a not ready type mode when it doesn't have a game in it. When you turn it on it switches back so you can put a game in and it makes some noise while doing this.
koolaide418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 koolaide418

I'm not watching the video just to be safe. But from what you are saying this is normal. It is because you don't have a game in the Wii. When the Wii isn't in use it switchs to a not ready type mode when it doesn't have a game in it. When you turn it on it switches back so you can put a game in and it makes some noise while doing this.bededog

no, that's the regular noise, i know that.  it's like a click noise but this is a full disc-load noise.  just please watch the vid.  u really think i'd go this far to fool someone?  come on, i need feedback on what to do :(

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="koolaide418"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

ok, there's no ******* popups, can you or can you NOT give me any information what-so-ever on this topic!?

I thought I was doing that already. Anyway your Wii is fine. some Wiis make little scratching sounds, some hum, some just make strange sounds. Some are louder than others and some are quieter. Mine is really quiet and all I hear are slight scratching sounds when the game is loading. Nothing to be worried about you're fine as long as nothing strange happens with gameplay. In which case call Nintendo. 

rarefactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rarefactory
Member since 2006 • 644 Posts
I love that everybody thinks it's a "Screamer"... It's not... Just so you know... And your Wii noise is normal. I think it's just the Wii searching for a disc. Mine makes some noises occasionally, but as long as gameplay is unaffected, and your discs aren't scratching (lol@360!) everything's fine.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5

I love that everybody thinks it's a "Screamer"... It's not... Just so you know... And your Wii noise is normal. I think it's just the Wii searching for a disc. Mine makes some noises occasionally, but as long as gameplay is unaffected, and your discs aren't scratching (lol@360!) everything's fine.rarefactory

Yeah well you can't be too safe. it's April Fools Day you know.