Someone mind telling me why ZombiU comes out the 13th of November?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I was checking out Ebgames (Canada's) site. and it says ZombiU comes out November 13th.....5 days before the system comes out lol. Whats up with that?

Also Rayman Legends isnt a Launch title? Launch window apparently according to them its December it comes out. All though I heard it got bumped back to 2013 cause having it and mario (2 platform games at once) would hurt legends sales.

Anyway go to http://www.ebgames.ca/wii-u to see ZombiU coming out 5 days early!!! lol.

After closer inspection...AC3 and Rabbids Land and such also come out the 13th? Batman Dec? WTF lol. I think they just need to update the site is all...

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Well this confirms the delay http://au.gamespot.com/news/rayman-legends-delayed-to-2013-6397897

Don't rely too much on EB games dates.

Kewin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kewin86
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts

sometimes in a launch, games and accessories come out a few days before the actual system. Happen with PSP/VIta/3DS

bgriff07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bgriff07
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Happened during the 360's launch too, I remember getting CoD2 a few days before I got my 360 on launch day. Some game's release before the system does to ensure they get to the store's on time and so customers can have a smoother process of picking up their system by getting a few games before hand so all they have to do launch day is pick up the console.

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Happened during the 360's launch too, I remember getting CoD2 a few days before I got my 360 on launch day. Some game's release before the system does to ensure they get to the store's on time and so customers can have a smoother process of picking up their system by getting a few games before hand so all they have to do launch day is pick up the console.

bgriff07

This makes sense and should be standard practice. As it is I'm getting my system through Best Buy and my games through Gamestop. Gonna suck launch day getting my console then going to gamestop and waiting in line who knows how long for my games before going home to play. Be nice to pick those games up a few days before when its not mobbed.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Games for new systems almost always arrive before the actual consoles so retailers can begin filling out the section of the case the system will get.
bgriff07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bgriff07
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

[QUOTE="bgriff07"]

blueydwlf

This makes sense and should be standard practice. As it is I'm getting my system through Best Buy and my games through Gamestop. Gonna suck launch day getting my console then going to gamestop and waiting in line who knows how long for my games before going home to play. Be nice to pick those games up a few days before when its not mobbed.

Kinda opposite here, going to have my deluxe Wii U payed in full Friday. Got all my games preordered through New Egg thanks to the $12 off promo's. I should be getting Zombi U. Scribblenauts, Assassin's Creed 3, and maybe Mass Effect 3 (if it will ship for launch) all before I get my system on the 18th. All I got left to get is New Super Mario Bros. U and still thinking on Black Ops 2...if New Egg throws another preorder promo before launch then I will probably go ahead and preorder Black Ops 2 then.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

None of these things are true.

Game companies release their games on Tuesday's. It's part of their business plan; something they won't alter to coincide with a Sunday console release.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

They did it with the Wii too. I remember getting Twilight Princess and Red Steel before it launched.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

sometimes in a launch, games and accessories come out a few days before the actual system. Happen with PSP/VIta/3DS

Kewin86

I may be wrong, but i think even the PS2 had a couple games come out before the official launch day as well.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I may be wrong, but i think even the PS2 had a couple games come out before the official launch day as well.

ZIMdoom
It did. Even the Dreamcast did it. 1999 is as far back as I can remember games being sold before launch.
blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

Watched the newest trailer yesterday for ZombiU that came out in the last day or two and it still says 11/13/2012 at the end so its definitely not a mistake.