So...How is Motion +?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Alright, so Wii Motion Plus came out a few weeks ago....still I really haven't heard any final opinions from people on whether or not they actually like it.

I did hear that it feels loose in a lot of people's controllers, and they have to use the new wii remote jacket to help secure it. But...nobody has really reviewed the device, is I guess what I'm trying to say.

So...how bout that Wii Motion Plus?

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

It's not as drastic an improvement as I thought it would be. Maybe I just don't remember playing Tiger Woods without it, but my current opinion is "waiting to see more games take advantage of it"

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

The only experience I have with it is Tiger Woods. The only major difference I notice in the controls from TW07 is consistency, though it's also very accurate when it comes to the slight tilt required for the amount of draw and fade you want. Disc golf is really where you can see the precision, though. It calibrates a kind of zero position by having you point at the disc on the screen and holding B to grab it, then you can pretty much do anything you want with it while you hold it in your hand. It feels really natural and works great.

So pretty much... it has potential, though the developer needs to know how to use it and use it well, otherwise it could make things more frustrating.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I think it is fantastic. Just playing Tigerwoods and GST makes me feel all excited for Wii again. Now things control the way everyone expected from the Wii from the beginning.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

I personally like it. Look at it this way, its only ten more dollars than Tiger Woods 10 would be without the M+... so its well worth it!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Think it's a good idea to wait for Wii sports resort. (That's what i am doing.) To see what it does. I'll be sure to write it down somewhere when i get it.

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
I love it. I'm addicted to Tiger and it's a blast to play that game. It calculates how far you are bringing back the mote and how fast you are swing it. Plus, it can sense the rotation so you can hit a draw or a fade shot with ease, but a lot of time you'll mess up and hit a draw/fade accidentally. I rented Grand Slam, and it's not true 1 to 1, but it's really fun. It can tell if you are slicing, lobbing, or hitting the ball regular. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and I can't wait to try it on Wii Sports Resorts.
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts

I have had the great opportunity ti play tiger woods, graqnd slam tennis and wii sports resort with it. My conclusion is that this is what the wii should have been to begin with. If this one addiional dongle had been included with the original wii design, i belive we would see a much more hardcore audience and game library on the wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I think it's great I especially love the heft and balance it gives to the feel of the Wii Mote. But I think we'll have to wait for Wii Sports Resort to really see what it can do.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

It is good. It really works in tiger, especially the dics golf part. But if you really want to know how it is wait until next month when wii sporst resort comes out.