So what gen. are Commodore 64 and Sega Master System from?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I of course am referring to the new console systems that's available to the VC.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
The Master System is from the 3rd gen, and the Commodore 64 a Computer.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

really? Commodore is a computer? :shock:

sleepy357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sleepy357
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
I had both. 64 was only in C promt. Master systems was coo. I'm turning 30 this May if it helps the year portion out.
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

The Master System is from the 3rd gen, and the Commodore 64 a Computer. BubbyJello

I think Commodore 64 is a very old computer gaming system. I want to say it was out the time of the original Atari but I am not sure. Sega master system was the first generation of the sega. Sega may have had some pc game or aracade games, if you want to count those. Sega Master System was around when nintendo was released.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

Sega Master System was around when nintendo was released.

favre4thewin

Disregard that, I was thinking of Genesis. I called both systems sega when I was a kid. Didn't know the difference...go figure but its still the first Gen sega.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#7 loopy_101
Member since 2005 • 28044 Posts
The Master System was an 8 Bit system. The Commodore 64 was a computer.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"]

Sega Master System was around when nintendo was released.

favre4thewin

Disregard that, I was thinking of Genesis. I called both systems sega when I was a kid. Didn't know the difference...go figure but its still the first Gen sega.

You were right though, Sega Master System and the NES were around at the same time. Maybe they were a couple years apart in release dates but out at the same time nonetheless.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Sega Master System was part of the third generation with the NES, except it was superior to the NES in every single way.

It's technology blew the NES out of the water. Sadly it entered the fray too late but ended up lasting much longer then the NES worldwide.

The Commodore was a computer that was pretty much one of the main standards when people said "home computer" so there were a lot of games made for it.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

Sega Master System was part of the third generation with the NES, except it was superior to the NES in every single way.

It's technology blew the NES out of the water. Sadly it entered the fray too late but ended up lasting much longer then the NES worldwide.

The Commodore was a computer that was pretty much one of the main standards when people said "home computer" so there were a lot of games made for it.

Jaysonguy

The Sega master system was not superior to the NES in every way. The NES had all the games and third party support. Also the NES lasted wel in to the 4 gen life. There were games being made for the NES during the same time games were being made for the SNES. Kinf od like how games are being made for the ps2 as well as the ps3

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

EmperorZeruel

The Sega master system was not superior to the NES in every way. The NES had all the games and third party support. Also the NES lasted wel in to the 4 gen life. There were games being made for the NES during the same time games were being made for the SNES. Kinf od like how games are being made for the ps2 as well as the ps3

Yeah, not so much.

The NES had the games but multiplats were much better on the Master System. Like I said the problem is that Sega enetered the race late.

As fas as lasting the NES loses in every possible way. The Master System was still being made in 1995 and was redesigned and was still in production in 1997.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

commodore 64 was one of the first home computers and it's price point made it particularly prolific. It isn't like what we think of today at all though. At that time, the technology was much closer to consoles.

I think Commodore hit before the Atari, but i'm not sure. Wikipedia will probably give you more information than you need on the subject.

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
The master system was sega's 8 bit system. The precursor of the genesis. Unfortunately it could not compete with the NES and so it is not as well known, but paved the way for the genesis. The Commodore 64 was a computer system predating the NES and Master System.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
I know that the SMS was on the same gen as the NES. The Commodore 64 was released before the NES.