So, we're happy its a "console" like handheld?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Well, for years one of the knocks on the DS's competition was that the software for that platform was home console concepts slapped onto a handheld, sure this didn't do anything to prevent good games but there was a big focus on more home console s(tyle) gaming on a handheld instead of portablility and pick up and play

Well, a lot of 3DS screenshots have come out with little to nothing on the bottom screen, and the flood of support is very nice but I can't help but notice these things

Resident Evil, a third person action game based off the console versions, a 3D Zelda just like the home console versions, Kid Icarus definetly looks like nothing I've seen on a handheld personally, Star Fox 64 literally (unless changed) is a game you sit for 1 hour or more to unlock the different endings, among other titles

Is anyone frightened that the 3DS is Nintendo approaching a more "consolized" handheld? And if so, why is it seemingly ok for the 3DS to be doing that now?

I hope, to get some epic experiences never seen on handhelds before, but at the same time hope devs keep making the games "portable" concepts instead of shoe horning the home console version into a 3DS cart.

Like the Liberty City and Vice City Stories games, good games, just not portable concepts really.

But Chinatown Wars with its drug selling and pick and play novelty is much more portable s(tyled) GTA, I'd like to see devs continue in this direction making home console based games as similar to their home versions but still keeping it where you can pick it up and play for 5 minutes if you want.

Any thoughts?

Avatar image for swrdof1000trths
swrdof1000trths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#2 swrdof1000trths
Member since 2006 • 7910 Posts
I hope we get lots of both types of games. I will play a handheld at home unlike some people so I'm cool with consolized experiences.
erickb1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 erickb1983
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

Don't really get what your saying but you can just save it. So i dont know what you mean really what games do you consider a portable game? All games on a handheld are portable to me.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts
From what I've seen.. Yeah, I'm happy.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

I mentioned in one of the other threads here that I think the 3DS is not only a "console" like handheld, but that it will probably become Nintendo's lead platform for development (which the DS never was).

Although it's a DS successor, to me it's more like a glasses-free 3D Wii that happens to be portable (with an accelerometer and gyroscope working in tandem with the touchscreen). But unlike the Wii it has surprisingly strong third party support. It's the perfect type of system for Nintendo... and it's the type of system that will be very popular in Japan, which has been moving away from home console systems for some time now.

I personally never had a problem with the PSP's model, though. I think Nintendo was influenced a bit by Sony when designing the system, but they fixed pretty much everything wrong with the PSP along the way. In this day and age when smartphones are poised to dominate the cheap, casual throw-away games, dedicated handhelds have to distinguish themselves by providing content you could never see on an iPhone... the 3DS does just that. And a lot of the DS's major franchises still look poised to continue. There's room for everything on the system.

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts
All I'm worried about is Friend Codes being present again. They've said nothing on the topic and that doesn't sound too good.
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

I'm happy. For the mobile factor, as long as the system has an instant sleep mode for when you must suddenly be on the go, it's alright. Not all games have to be made as bite size chunks that can be devoured in a couple minutes. Honestly I think in the end all consoles will move to the mobile space. What's even more ironic about the 3DS is it's pretty much on par with the Wii in all aspects (ok, it's got a bit less RAM), but outside of not having a TV output, it's a more powerful system.

misiufraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 misiufraggle
Member since 2009 • 653 Posts

I think the big change we are seeing take place now are something like this:

Consoles are going the "motion control" route for the foreseeable future, developers are focussing on making titles that work well with motion control. Handhelds are getting more powerful and can produce games at close-to console standards. As a result of these factors console games with "traditional" controls will gradually find a new home on handhelds.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I think its because the early game want to take advantage of the 3d. the touch screen isn't 3d and it isn't new either. devs want to use and show off the new tech

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

I'm happy. For the mobile factor, as long as the system has an instant sleep mode for when you must suddenly be on the go, it's alright. Not all games have to be made as bite size chunks that can be devoured in a couple minutes. Honestly I think in the end all consoles will move to the mobile space. What's even more ironic about the 3DS is it's pretty much on par with the Wii in all aspects (ok, it's got a bit less RAM), but outside of not having a TV output, it's a more powerful system.

mouthforbathory

Except that it's not.

gary_safc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 gary_safc
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

yeah, Very happy about this I just see the small games trailor for the nintendo 3DS & so many good games coming for it.

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

I hope we get lots of both types of games. I will play a handheld at home unlike some people so I'm cool with consolized experiences. swrdof1000trths

I'm the same. Although I will start playing my DSL anywhere for the most part. I never leave home without it. It's funny though considering I'm a grown man, tinkering around with video games in public. I get wierd looks all the time. :3

Avatar image for BreakTheseLinks
BreakTheseLinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BreakTheseLinks
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
[QUOTE="forgot_it"]

[QUOTE="mouthforbathory"]

Except that it's not.

As far as raw specs are concerned no it's not. But when you factor in the size of the screen and the lower resolution I think it will produce visuals on par with or even better then Wii games. I mean just looke at the Resident Evil games...they look great and I'm sure they have a long way to go.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#14 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

It has an analog stick sure, but a microphone, gyro-sensor, motion sensor a second display and a 2D touch-pad equivalent to a PC mouse. That is as complete as you can get as a gaming device for developers to work with and expand their creativity, whether if it is a Console experience, PC experience or the direct competitor of the mobile/Iphone experience--which is dominated by pick up and play games--or somewhere in between.

Not to mention the possibilities for 3DSWare which should be able to open up easy delivery and publishing access from independent developers to develop creative ideas, like what we've seen with the Apple Appstore, Steam, XBLA, PSN, Wiiware and a few titles for the DSiWare so far.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I hope we get lots of both types of games. I will play a handheld at home unlike some people so I'm cool with consolized experiences. swrdof1000trths

This.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i see games with updated graphics in relation to the past generation. i could care less about the system i'm playing on. and the reason people aren't showing the bottom screen is that, at least in most cases, it's the top screen that will see the action, and that's what they want to show for now. "teh awesome GFX"
Avatar image for JediMasterSamus
JediMasterSamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JediMasterSamus
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
I'm happy with the 3DS so far, its looking really cool
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I will admit I did not read all of what you said lol, but I am assuming you mean all these titles vs titles like meteos, brain age and more? I am sure we will get both, and rightfully so. That said, I am happy to see some more meaty full fledged games you would see on consoles. I love the direction Nintendo's handheld is going, and I will be buying it on day one.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Well, from what I know, most people prefer the DS to the PSP because the DS has "unique and original" games that don't feel like console ports. With the 3DS, that may change and make us look like hypocrites. I don't mind the 3DS games announced, in fact I am looking forward to them! But I hope it still has some of the charm the DS had with games that have give you a different experience from consoles.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#20 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

to make my self clear

each handheld was already comparable to consoles of their time

to their maker at least psp the exception

ds is equal to n64

gba slightly more powerful then snes by 16 bits

gbc and gb were 8 bit color/monochrome-respectively

so it will do fine , and actualyl these are not games on consoles

they are franchises on consoles with new games coming on handhelds

big difference

starfox 64 and zelda oot mgs 3 and the 2 tc titles on the other hand are console titles

being remastered for the handheld in the same way super mario 64 rayman 2 ridge racer ds and a host of gba titles were

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

From what I've seen.. Yeah, I'm happy.Litchie

Pretty much my thoughts.

theoryC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theoryC
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Honestly I would be fine with Nintendo ignoring the home console market for a few years and focusing on making the 3DS library great.
cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

To be honest, I play my handhelds like consoles most of the time anyways (At Home).

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

to make my self clear

ds is equal to n64

big difference

starfox 64 and zelda oot mgs 3 and the 2 tc titles on the other hand are console titles

being remastered for the handheld in the same way super mario 64 rayman 2 ridge racer ds and a host of gba titles were

I had thought of that before... Game Boy= portable NES. GBA= portable SNES. DS= portable N64. 3DS= portable GCN (with 3D).
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

to make my self clear

ds is equal to n64

big difference

Rod90

I had thought of that before... Game Boy= portable NES. GBA= portable SNES. DS= portable N64. 3DS= portable GCN (with 3D).

I would like to add to the 3DS being gamecube like, I think it is like the gamecube EXCEPT, it will have far better 3rd party support, even though the Game Cube did have some good 3rd party titles.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

Well, for years one of the knocks on the DS's competition was that the software for that platform was home console concepts slapped onto a handheld, sure this didn't do anything to prevent good games but there was a big focus on more home console s(tyle) gaming on a handheld instead of portablility and pick up and play

Well, a lot of 3DS screenshots have come out with little to nothing on the bottom screen, and the flood of support is very nice but I can't help but notice these things

Resident Evil, a third person action game based off the console versions, a 3D Zelda just like the home console versions, Kid Icarus definetly looks like nothing I've seen on a handheld personally, Star Fox 64 literally (unless changed) is a game you sit for 1 hour or more to unlock the different endings, among other titles

Is anyone frightened that the 3DS is Nintendo approaching a more "consolized" handheld? And if so, why is it seemingly ok for the 3DS to be doing that now?

I hope, to get some epic experiences never seen on handhelds before, but at the same time hope devs keep making the games "portable" concepts instead of shoe horning the home console version into a 3DS cart.

Like the Liberty City and Vice City Stories games, good games, just not portable concepts really.

But Chinatown Wars with its drug selling and pick and play novelty is much more portable s(tyled) GTA, I'd like to see devs continue in this direction making home console based games as similar to their home versions but still keeping it where you can pick it up and play for 5 minutes if you want.

Any thoughts?

Well its not a first. The PSP did do this when you think about it. But it did it so much that it felt like it was barely getting any original titles making you think, "Have I played this game before?", which also made the original titles seem more alienated. Maybe thats just me, but either way, I like that portable games are getting full out console treatment. I don't want a game I could play on my cell phone, so that just means theres more work put into it.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 riariases
[QUOTE="SakusEnvoy"]

I mentioned in one of the other threads here that I think the 3DS is not only a "console" like handheld, but that it will probably become Nintendo's lead platform for development (which the DS never was).

Although it's a DS successor, to me it's more like a glasses-free 3D Wii that happens to be portable (with an accelerometer and gyroscope working in tandem with the touchscreen). But unlike the Wii it has surprisingly strong third party support. It's the perfect type of system for Nintendo... and it's the type of system that will be very popular in Japan, which has been moving away from home console systems for some time now.

I personally never had a problem with the PSP's model, though. I think Nintendo was influenced a bit by Sony when designing the system, but they fixed pretty much everything wrong with the PSP along the way. In this day and age when smartphones are poised to dominate the cheap, casual throw-away games, dedicated handhelds have to distinguish themselves by providing content you could never see on an iPhone... the 3DS does just that. And a lot of the DS's major franchises still look poised to continue. There's room for everything on the system.

K, I think its stereotypically thought that the iPhone is the only phone thats considered a gaming phone. Well most android phones are exactly the same. I have a Sony Ericsson Experia X10 which has two thing different than the iPhone. It doesn't have a camera on the front and it runs on android. Now of course its about the same thing(with alot of better specs, i'll add) but I would have easily gotten an iPhone 4 instead of it for the sake of having an iPhone 4(but they were out of stock obviously). But the android market seriously has almost all the same apps.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

I don't mind at all, as long as the experience holds up.

In the past people would have moaned, PSP as an example:

- Lacking controls. More specifically the second analogue. 3DS has a touch screen which can help in these circumstances.
- Experience was inferior to console experience.
- 3rd parties relied to much on porting their console games to PSP with crappy graphics. Games lacked originality.

3DS will (or should) avoid most of these. It has the controls/touch screen, the graphics hold up pretty well (considering it's a handheld) in today's age, 3DS has unique features which should lead to creative games and if 3rd parties don't deliver (I think they will) Nintendo can always push the system.

That being said, 3DS will probably have it's own unique experiences. I just love handheld gaming, the pickup and play, and now one with full 3D, great graphics, and games. Yes please. :P

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 riariases

mouthforbathory
The 3DS doesn't need as much ram because it doesn't have to run as much. So if you put a Wii game on a 3DS, its possible that it may run faster and a bit more smooth.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

to make my self clear

ds is equal to n64

big difference

Rod90

Except that it looks better then the gamecube overall ;). But I know what you mean.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

to make my self clear

ds is equal to n64

big difference

NaveedLife

Except that it looks better then the gamecube overall ;). But I know what you mean.

Some games do (more specifically RE), some don't.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 riariases
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

I had thought of that before... Game Boy= portable NES. GBA= portable SNES. DS= portable N64. 3DS= portable GCN (with 3D).Rod90

Well yeah, I mean it all depends on the developers. To me Resident Evil looks as good as any Xbox360 game, but I think its a necessity for it, because you don't get freightened by low resolution 3D characters made up of polyphonic 3D squares and circles(excuse me if I don't know what i'm talking about, but I think you know what I mean). But in the Zelda OOT remake, I guess its not as big of deal. Yeah, we all want it to look amazing but due to it being a remake, if you make it look that good, you're changing the art style, thus changing the game.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] I had thought of that before... Game Boy= portable NES. GBA= portable SNES. DS= portable N64. 3DS= portable GCN (with 3D).SaltyMeatballs

Lol well yeah, it depends on the devs. But if one or two devs can do it, it is obviously possible ;). RE and MGS3 look phenomenal.

Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Metal_Mario99
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

Home is the only place I ever play my handhelds, because I'm not a little kid who needs to be kept occupied during long car trips. So bring on the console-like games.

thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

I dont wanna break your bubble, but every game is basicly from a console.

all the 2d games started on a console, all the 1d games, and all the 3d games.

the only difference from the ds now, is that you get remakes from 3D games and not 2D games like the ds and gba did basicly. GBA had a tons of consol remakes from the snes etc.

So i dunno what you are talking about with console like games, but i'm sure you already playing on a system that has this concept.

Gta failed hard, because the concept is old rusty and not interresting. THe first version of gta was really interresting. the versions after it where just more of the same. Which eventuelly wont sell anymore.

So basicly, instead of snes remake games or 2d games, we get 3D games.

Besides this, i dunno why people are talking about that the 3DS is gamecube equal. But they really need to recheck the facts.

this thing has the speed of a xbox ++ and the shaders with that. the gamecube doesn't even get close towards it.

The only people that think that, are people that compare nintendo games, and just see 1-2 comparisons. Well a news flash for you. nintendo is far behind on the 3th party quality games creation. Nintendo never worked with shaders. And this is what you can clearly see from kid iracus + zelda + mario kart + animal crossing.

While zelda / animal crossing can get away with it, so it keeps its original **** it really isn't pressuring the hardware at all if you look the screens.

mario kart and kid iracus simple cant.

Even if you compare those nintendo screens, from mario kart you can already say it looks on par with the wii if not even further level.

While everybody knows that the 3DS doesn't hit on generating pure polygons, but does on the extra effects like shaders etc. If they are not used you aint using the device to its full 100%.

Look at capscom + kanomi, there games look far superior because they know how to deal with the shaders. they even got there own mt frameworks created in order to port ps3/xbox360 games towards teh 3DS look at street fighter for example.

Comparing the 3ds on a gamecube level is just compleetly ridicilous. mgs3 and resident evil, are way beyond the quality ( even without 3D) then the wii could ever create. lets not even talk about the gamecube. It even overwelms the xbox. While these games are just first versions.

IF you look at the DS and PSP, later year games are highly improved throught fine tuning.

About the PSP or IPHONE

I dont want to buy a PSP, because there are no games i'm interresting in that the PSP got.

3DS got more core games, while i can play metal gear solid and resident evil, and street fighter on the 3DS. I dont see in why i would jump towards a psp yet again. Even if the graphics look 2x as good ( which isn't possible atm, throught nohardware for it ).

PSP is not interresting in me anymore

Iphone:

iphone is way to costy, no buttons ( have fun playing all your games on a touchpad rofl ), yet again no interresting games. Not a option.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

^ I stopped reading at "one-dimensional games".

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS

what? you never played that game where you're a red dot in a blue like and the dot just moves right.... and right... and right...? :P
KidComputer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KidComputer
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts
I find it a little ironic that when the PSP came out everyone was upset with the fact that the games were just console ports. Now that Nintendo is going that similar route, people are fine with it and all of a sudden everyone is "ready" for console-type games on handhelds. Personally I liked the PSP so I have no problem with it, but there needs to be a balance of ports and original titles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

[QUOTE="19061980"]

BrunoBRS

what? you never played that game where you're a red dot in a blue like and the dot just moves right.... and right... and right...? :P

My concept for a 1DTV

Photobucket

I've sent it off to Panasonic, Samsung and Sony, waiting for a reply.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="19061980"]

My concept for a 1DTV

Photobucket

I've sent it off to Panasonic, Samsung and Sony, waiting for a reply.

revolutionary i say.

REVOLUTIONARY!

nothing shall beat the power of the 1DTV!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
My thoughts is, what has changed? Ever since the original Game Boy, a bulk of Nintendo's software lineup comes from console or arcade games. Even if they come in form that is similar to their past, like say a 2D Mario instead of a 3D one. Off the top of my head, here are a few series that have been on Nintendo handhelds throughout the years: Castlevania, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Call of Duty. Mortal Kombat, Blitz, Sonic and the list goes on and on. The only difference between the 3DS and pass handhelds is the games probably wont be as bad RE on the GB or AC on the DS; you'll be able to experience games similarly to how you did on console. So I wouldn't say its anymore of less "console like" than any other handheld. It simply has the tech to better support those games.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NaveedLife

My thoughts is, what has changed? Ever since the original Game Boy, a bulk of Nintendo's software lineup comes from console or arcade games. Even if they come in form that is similar to their past, like say a 2D Mario instead of a 3D one. Off the top of my head, here are a few series that have been on Nintendo handhelds throughout the years: Castlevania, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Call of Duty. Mortal Kombat, Blitz, Sonic and the list goes on and on. The only difference between the 3DS and pass handhelds is the games probably wont be as bad RE on the GB or AC on the DS; you'll be able to experience games similarly to how you did on console. So I wouldn't say its anymore of less "console like" than any other handheld. It simply has the tech to better support those games. Sepewrath

True, and if anything I would say the 3DS is going back to being more like (at least with the current line up) the previous handhelds which had more core games. The DS was the odd one out really, but provided everything. The 3DS will also provide everything I bet, but will have more core games, so I am very happy with this.

ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ultimateblue
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

ULTIMATEBLUE: Nov 27, 2009 7:15 am GMT

wouldnt it be interesting if nintendo just abandons the home console market and their next console would be a HD handheld with HDTV out if you wanted to play on a big screen? hell it could even be bluetooth or infrared compatible for controllers/mics for multiplayer games when connected to the TV (cant expect everyone to have one).the ds/dsi is selling by the bucketloads and it also seems to get better 3rd party support as well..I could see it happening, a truely pick up and play anywhere console.

unfortunitely i dont think such tech would be cost effective right now.

(yeah i know its pipe but...eh. why not?)

Edited on Nov 27, 2009 7:20 am GMT Edited 2 total times.

its coming true!

ab_geee_eee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 ab_geee_eee
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts

Don't really get what your saying but you can just save it. So i dont know what you mean really what games do you consider a portable game? All games on a handheld are portable to me.

erickb1983
yeah exactly :s its a either a good or bad game not a good or bad portable game, A GAME IS A GAME sheeesh
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gamingclone

Its a handheld, that is getting games many would expect to see on consels. It is still a handheld :)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="erickb1983"]

ab_geee_eee
yeah exactly :s its a either a good or bad game not a good or bad portable game, A GAME IS A GAME sheeesh

Generally people expect handhelds to have shorter missions, levels, more save points/checkpoints, etc. So it's more pick up and play for a few minutes, more portable friendly. Any gave with a save anywhere feature is great.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 riariases

the only difference from the ds now, is that you get remakes from 3D games and not 2D games like the ds and gba did basicly. GBA had a tons of consol remakes from the snes etc.

So i dunno what you are talking about with console like games, but i'm sure you already playing on a system that has this concept.

Gta failed hard, because the concept is old rusty and not interresting. THe first version of gta was really interresting. the versions after it where just more of the same. Which eventuelly wont sell anymore.

Besides this, i dunno why people are talking about that the 3DS is gamecube equal. But they really need to recheck the facts.

this thing has the speed of a xbox ++ and the shaders with that. the gamecube doesn't even get close towards it.

The only people that think that, are people that compare nintendo games, and just see 1-2 comparisons. Well a news flash for you. nintendo is far behind on the 3th party quality games creation. Nintendo never worked with shaders. And this is what you can clearly see from kid iracus + zelda + mario kart + animal crossing.

While zelda / animal crossing can get away with it, so it keeps its original **** it really isn't pressuring the hardware at all if you look the screens.

Even if you compare those nintendo screens, from mario kart you can already say it looks on par with the wii if not even further level.

While everybody knows that the 3DS doesn't hit on generating pure polygons, but does on the extra effects like shaders etc. If they are not used you aint using the device to its full 100%.

Look at capscom + kanomi, there games look far superior because they know how to deal with the shaders. they even got there own mt frameworks created in order to port ps3/xbox360 games towards teh 3DS look at street fighter for example.

Comparing the 3ds on a gamecube level is just compleetly ridicilous. mgs3 and resident evil, are way beyond the quality ( even without 3D) then the wii could ever create. lets not even talk about the gamecube. It even overwelms the xbox. While these games are just first versions.

IF you look at the DS and PSP, later year games are highly improved throught fine tuning.

About the PSP or IPHONE

I dont want to buy a PSP, because there are no games i'm interresting in that the PSP got.

3DS got more core games, while i can play metal gear solid and resident evil, and street fighter on the 3DS. I dont see in why i would jump towards a psp yet again. Even if the graphics look 2x as good ( which isn't possible atm, throught nohardware for it ).

Iphone:

iphone is way to costy, no buttons ( have fun playing all your games on a touchpad rofl ), yet again no interresting games. Not a option.

thehunter1900

What the hell is a 1D game? Pong? And gta IS selling still, even if its been the same thing 4 times. And iPhone is kick a$$ bro. Just not for gaming.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="thehunter1900"]

About the PSP or IPHONE

Iphone:

riariases

What the hell is a 1D game? Pong? And gta IS selling still, even if its been the same thing 4 times. And iPhone is kick a$$ bro. Just not for gaming.

no, pong still has 2 dimensions.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="riariases"]

[QUOTE="thehunter1900"]

About the PSP or IPHONE

Iphone:

BrunoBRS

There is no such thing as one demensonal games. 2D is called that because the game is playable on two axis (x and y). 3D or 3 demensonal is called that because the game is playable on all 3 axis (x, y, and z). Now as for omg the picture on the screen is jumping out at me 3D, that is still just 3D except for that the screen is forcing you to see depth when there isn't any.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="riariases"] What the hell is a 1D game? Pong? And gta IS selling still, even if its been the same thing 4 times. And iPhone is kick a$$ bro. Just not for gaming.

Gamingclone

There is no such thing as one demensonal games. 2D is called that because the game is playable on two axis (x and y). 3D or 3 demensonal is called that because the game is playable on all 3 axis (x, y, and z). Now as for omg the picture on the screen is jumping out at me 3D, that is still just 3D except for that the screen is forcing you to see depth when there isn't any.

we were making fun of a certain quote that mentioned 1D games. i know how dimensions work.