So this seems unlikely but...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wraith-squad66 (1368 posts) -

will we be able to transfer our pokemone from other DS game versions onto our X/Y pokemon versions? hey a guy can dream...

#2 Posted by Sora278 (1496 posts) -

Yes but you will need a DS for it.

#3 Posted by hydralisk86 (8786 posts) -

Sora278
How do you even know that?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#4 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sora278"]

hydralisk86

He is probably guessing if it is like the other Pokémon games you might just need a 2nd 3DS or a DS to transfer Pokémon between games. Gen III Pokémon was transferable to Gen IV, Gen IV was transferable with Gen V. So I'm thinking Gen V will be transferable with Gen VI.
#5 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11762 posts) -
I hope they find another way. Maybe a Pokemon channel type of thing. Where you transfer them there then to the new game. Seems very unlikely though.
#6 Posted by Sora278 (1496 posts) -

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Sora278"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

He is probably guessing if it is like the other Pokémon games you might just need a 2nd 3DS or a DS to transfer Pokémon between games. Gen III Pokémon was transferable to Gen IV, Gen IV was transferable with Gen V. So I'm thinking Gen V will be transferable with Gen VI.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 were transferrable too.  Well trade between them but yeah.  Not sure about Gen 2 to Gen 3 but I would think so.

#7 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="hydralisk86"] How do you even know that?Sora278

Gen 1 and Gen 2 were transferrable too.  Well trade between them but yeah.  Not sure about Gen 2 to Gen 3 but I would think so.

They weren't due to hardware (read: link cable) problems. Hence the remakes of gen 1 and 2 games.
#8 Posted by KnightSkull (1481 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]He is probably guessing if it is like the other Pokémon games you might just need a 2nd 3DS or a DS to transfer Pokémon between games. Gen III Pokémon was transferable to Gen IV, Gen IV was transferable with Gen V. So I'm thinking Gen V will be transferable with Gen VI.MAILER_DAEMON

They weren't due to hardware (read: link cable) problems. Hence the remakes of gen 1 and 2 games.

Not just that, because GameFreak changed so many of the core mechanics in Gen 3 it would be (or almost be) impossibe to convert Pokemon from Gens 1&2.

#9 Posted by zassimick (10236 posts) -

I won't trade my Pokémon much anyways. :P I started trading a bunch of them over to White 2 from White and HeartGold and it is such a chore I just can't be bothered to complete Y's Pokédex. There will be select Pokémon though, like my favorite team, that I transfer over to Y. 

#10 Posted by -Vulpix- (2498 posts) -

I'm kind of hoping they let us trade between the games rather then transfer, Since I could always use the Extra Box Space from the previous games.

#11 Posted by Cloud_765 (111394 posts) -
They weren't due to hardware (read: link cable) problems. Hence the remakes of gen 1 and 2 games.MAILER_DAEMON
Actually it's what KnightSkull said. In fact the hardware can feasibly be linked together to do GBC/GBA transfer, just nothing took advantage of it. The main reason was the internal data structure of the games themselves where Gen III had a much more robust data structure, which allows for many of the little things that would take took long to mention. Anyway I'm hoping there'll be a way to transfer. Probably with something like Download Play somehow, I'm not sure.