Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#1 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9144 Posts

Over the past few months deciding which games to purchase on the Switch has become a challenge.

Game after game is coming out. And while I've bought a decent amount of recent games, there are still several on my radar. Right now I'm debating if I want to get Dragon Quest XI S this week, but at the same time, games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 beckon. Cuphead is even on sale, so there is the temptation to try 2-playering it with my buddy.

It's feeling like the season for some co-op games tbh. Maybe that's how I'll decide what to buy for now. How is everyone else handling the Fall abundance?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3018 Posts

It’s really a good and bad thing. There’s bound to be plenty of game selection, which is good. However, you should be aware that the Switch is a money drain. There are around 20/30 games being released every week.

I don’t have a Switch(yet), but what I would do is get the games that are the most important to me. Not necessarily games that I want to test out. So if Dragon Quest if of top tier importance, I would put it ahead of....let’s just use super Mario odyssey as an example. (As bad as an example that may be, it’s probably a good game.)

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 231 Posts

I just got my Switch (the yellow lite version BTW), so I'm pretty excited yet daunted by the library so far. Right now I only have Minecraft, Stardew Valley, and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, which will have to do me until November, though.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5359 Posts

Dragon Quest XI will keep you busy for quite a long time. Then again, so will Mario Maker.

MK8 Deluxe is fun but I smashed through all that content in a few days. Still fun to play with friends, though I can't really recommend it with a Switch Lite. You really need to hook it up to the big screen and at least give each person a joycon. The joycons are pretty terrible though so get some 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ controllers (yes they are better than Nintendo's Pro controller).

Other games that I recommend:

• Slay The Spire
  • Dead Cells
  • Stardew Valley
Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5 Speeny  Online
Member since 2018 • 2051 Posts

@Ovirew: If you're interested in looking for co-op games, I highly recommend Overcooked/Overcooked 2.

On the other hand, I haven't bought any Switch games in a while. Still wanting to play BotW but I'll mainly be just waiting for AC New Horizons.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2270 Posts

try splatoon 2 Mario kart 8 deluxe and super smash bros ultimate.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 calway55
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Enjoying Link's Awakening. I also bought Ghostbusters and Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Still have preorders for Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3 and A Hat in Time.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8643 Posts

Hope some Switch owners give Divinity Original Sin II a try, truly a great RPG.

I have it on P.C. yet will eventually play it portable as well, should make for a greater coop adventure.