so hows tatsunoko vs. capcom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

it might be a bit early to post this but i really wanna know how good it is. this is the game thats going to make me finally buy a wii. things i wanna know are are the controls any good without a arcade stick and what characters is everyone using?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

It's good. Real good. (chew)

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I can't get this yet (budget is too tight atm), but I'm very curious to hear how the online plays.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I've been having trouble finding a character I can play with well. I also can't understand some of the movelist for characters. I'm a noob at traditional fighters by the way :P.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

This is pretty good. I am still getting used to some characters.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Its awesome, but its no marvel vs capcom 3. Its fun, great roster online is lag free and the controls are like xmen vs sf on the arcade.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Also its not as fast paced as marvel vs capcom 2
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
One of the best fighting games, not just on the Wii, but among all consoles. IF you can afford a arcade stick, it's worth it if you love this game and have many friends to play with. Other than that, a classic controller works just as good.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
the game is great best 50$ i have spend all year so far
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

Still on the edge with this one. Being a bit careful with my money.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story

Theguy56
It may not be a game for everyone, which I understand. But if you love fighting games, it's the best $50 you'll ever spend for the Wii.
LOZ_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 LOZ_Link
Member since 2004 • 1693 Posts

I only played it for and hour, just training to figure out the move sets and went through the arcade mode once. I am glad I got it and I am using Batsu and Ryu.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Theguy56
[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

ASK_Story
It may not be a game for everyone, which I understand. But if you love fighting games, it's the best $50 you'll ever spend for the Wii.

I like fighters but I really suck at them.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Theguy56"]

Theguy56

Me too i guess. I completely ruled International Karate (c64) but when they started using combo's and specials and ultras... I just never got the hang of those move-lists. I was also pretty decent with Bloody Roar and Mortal Kombat on genesis, but not because i knew all the moves. I heard this game at least lets You play with the movelist on screen. Which might help me finally pull off some of the fancy stuff. I also recently watched a "Let's Play" on SFIV and i came to the conclusion that it isn't just me struggling with moves, and maybe i have been too impatient.

Ow and i like using underdog characters.
I'm probably going with Zero and Roll. But we'll see.

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Theguy56
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"] It may not be a game for everyone, which I understand. But if you love fighting games, it's the best $50 you'll ever spend for the Wii.

Me too i guess. I completely ruled International Karate (c64) but when they started using combo's and specials and ultras... I just never got the hang of those move-lists. I was also pretty decent with Bloody Roar and Mortal Kombat on genesis, but not because i knew all the moves. I heard this game at least lets You play with the movelist on screen. Which might help me finally pull off some of the fancy stuff. I also recently watched a "Let's Play" on SFIV and i came to the conclusion that it isn't just me struggling with moves, and maybe i have been too impatient.

It's probably because you need a lot of patience, which admittedly I lack. You have to get through a lot of frustration.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ASK_Story

Theguy56

As long as you love them and have fun who cares? I suck at basketball but I still love to play with my friends in the gym.
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Theguy56
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Theguy56"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"] It may not be a game for everyone, which I understand. But if you love fighting games, it's the best $50 you'll ever spend for the Wii.

As long as you love them and have fun who cares? I suck at basketball but I still love to play with my friends in the gym.

I'll probably get it although it's still not out in Europe.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
I am enjoying myself with the game, I've just unlocked Frank West and Tekkaman Blade trying to unlock everyone before my buddies come over to play.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Great Gameplay, Lag Free Online Play = WIN!!!!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Theguy56

Same here but this game is awesome from what I've played so far. I'll be playing this game for a while. :D

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Glad to hear that users are loving this game already. It has an 86 (13 reviews as of now) on Metacritic with more 90's coming along the way, whenever metacritic posts and factors in those reviews. Can't wait to play this later!!!

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Theguy56

I'll blame all of you if I end up being shredded, crushed or mutilated online :cry:

Avatar image for NeedMyDigitalDs
NeedMyDigitalDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NeedMyDigitalDs
Member since 2009 • 389 Posts

haven't ventured online yet as I suck at fighting games. but playing through arcade mode with the move list on top is so much fun. one of the best games!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#25 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Glad to see the online is good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34776 Posts

One of the best fighting games, not just on the Wii, but among all consoles. IF you can afford a arcade stick, it's worth it if you love this game and have many friends to play with. Other than that, a classic controller works just as good.ASK_Story
I'm currently playing it with the classic controller myself. Do you play (if you use this controller) with the default button mappings? Cause I find them a little hard getting used to, but I'm not sure how I would place map them differently.. :P

The game seems to be pretty sweet, by the way.
Not as fast paced as I feared it would be. :P

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

its great to know everyone is enjoying this game. it makes me even more excited about it. once i get paid im so gunna get a wii and this will be my first game.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#29 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Great Game! There is more stages and some Stage Interactions in this game than the original.

Online is alright but it depends on your Connection.

But overall Great game I recommend it.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

It's awesome!

I just beat Arcade for the first time a few minutes ago with Ryu and Mega Man Volnutt. I ended up getting Mega Man Volnutt's Ending.

This may be a stupid question but I couldn't figure out how to enter my initials for my score, I came in first but it entered ABB as my initials. I didn't evennotice the initials until it was too late.

Can someone tell me how to enter the initals properly so I don't make this mistake again? :P

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It's awesome!

I just beat Arcade for the first time a few minutes ago with Ryu and Mega Man Volnutt. I ended up getting Mega Man Volnutt's Ending.

This may be a stupid question but I couldn't figure out how to enter my initials for my score, I came in first but it entered ABB as my initials. I didn't evennotice the initials until it was too late.

Can someone tell me how to enter the initals properly so I don't make this mistake again? :P

J_Ford

:lol: I'm also having trouble with that.

Mik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mik9
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts

I just got through playing for the day and almost every match has been lag-free to just having slight lag, just 1 match had bad lag. It definitely impressed me online.

It's awesome!

J_Ford

Push up or down to scroll through the letters and press a to enter it.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 J_Ford

I just got through playing for the day and almost every match has been lag-free to just having slight lag, just 1 match had bad lag. It definitely impressed me online.

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

It's awesome!

Mik9

Thank you!

I'm playing Arcade again right now so I'll try that, if I can beat it again :P

Mik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mik9
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts

[QUOTE="Mik9"]

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

It's awesome!

J_Ford

Thank you!

I just remember, you also have to quick about entering the letters too.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="Mik9"]

Mik9

Thank you!

I just remember, you also have to quick about entering the letters too.

You're right, you do have to enter it quickly.

I'm using the gamecube controller, it's left and right on the d pad and A toenter them.

I messed up the initials again but at least I got it figured out now lol.

Avatar image for powerstrikingyo
powerstrikingyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 powerstrikingyo
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
Fun, crazy, not too simplistic. AWESOME!
VVatson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 VVatson
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

I haven't been playing for too long yet, butI like what I see and will be giving it a much longer trial tomorrow.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]One of the best fighting games, not just on the Wii, but among all consoles. IF you can afford a arcade stick, it's worth it if you love this game and have many friends to play with. Other than that, a classic controller works just as good.Litchie

I'm currently playing it with the classic controller myself. Do you play (if you use this controller) with the default button mappings? Cause I find them a little hard getting used to, but I'm not sure how I would place map them differently.. :P

The game seems to be pretty sweet, by the way.
Not as fast paced as I feared it would be. :P

I do play default but I change around the L & R buttons so I can pull off special moves easier.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#39 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Does anyone know if its worldwide battles or just regional.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

Does anyone know if its worldwide battles or just regional.

chocolate1325
there is world wifi option on battles but being N/A gets it a week first there shouldn't be anyone playing it from other regions
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
I just unlocked everyone but Ichan (Yatterman 2) going after her right now then I will practice and head online for the first time.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

My best control scheme is the Wii Remote turned horizontally. It's easier to pull off the specials and mega moves. However, using the classic controller or GC controller is better for pulling off more elaborate combos and counters. The only con for the Wii Remote turned side ways is that although you can pull off super moves easier, but those moves leave you wide open and also it's not good for counters and combos--which to me--are more important pulling off special moves. This game has depth and strategy like any other serious fighter. I love that I have so many options for control! This games is addictive and the online has been great so far. However, people who took time to unlock Zero and then go online, have a huge advantage as I see Zero and Ryu are the overall powerful characters. But a good player can still over come that.