This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Does anybody know, if the 3DS version will be enhanced (graphics and gameplay wise)? And lacking sounds and cutscenes (taking the most data), because ps2 dvd is about 2gb and I doubt any DS game has been so big.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it was going to be a 3DS game, so don't compare it with DS games. was, because apparently it was just a demo showing how MGS would look on the 3DS (hey, it rhymes!). kojima said he wants metal gear on 3DS, so don't rule it out yet.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

The 3DS cartage is 2 gigs. There are also plans for devs to use larger ones further down the line. Kojima did state the 3DS version would be better than the PS2 version. Although he didn't comment on how it will play out on the 3DS (gameplay wise). There will also be no changes to the story but it would have extra stuff in the game (I.E multi-player)

Some info on MGS3DS is in the IGn article

http://ds.ign.com/articles/110/1104460p1.html

wilford88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wilford88
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
Knowing Hideo Kojima games, it will have cutscenes. I think every Metal Gear Solid game's bread and butter are the story telling and cutscenes. @JasonHarris - great find. Good to know that the 3DS games will have 2Gigs of storage. Can't wait for the announcement of new games for the Nintendo 3DS! /drools
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

Knowing Hideo Kojima games, it will have cutscenes. I think every Metal Gear Solid game's bread and butter are the story telling and cutscenes. @JasonHarris - great find. Good to know that the 3DS games will have 2Gigs of storage. Can't wait for the announcement of new games for the Nintendo 3DS! /droolswilford88

WIth todays huge storage capacity there is no excuse we can't have 8gb cartridges for cheap. By the time the 3ds would even need it, 64 should be cheap as can be too.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

[QUOTE="wilford88"]Knowing Hideo Kojima games, it will have cutscenes. I think every Metal Gear Solid game's bread and butter are the story telling and cutscenes. @JasonHarris - great find. Good to know that the 3DS games will have 2Gigs of storage. Can't wait for the announcement of new games for the Nintendo 3DS! /droolsboostud

WIth todays huge storage capacity there is no excuse we can't have 8gb cartridges for cheap. By the time the 3ds would even need it, 64 should be cheap as can be too.

At launch they will hold 2 gb an as time passes, it will be lots more, so a new metal gear (apart of this remake) isn't out of the question.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Its not even confirmed to be coming yet is it??? I hope it is and there will be plenty of space for it if it does come

TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

I don't even know if it's going to be a real port. I think it was just at the E3 convention as a: tech demo. I didn't care for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Dandoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dandoku
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts
I can only imagine what this game will be like in 3D, hmm guess we'll have to wait and see what he future holds.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Its not even confirmed to be coming yet is it??? I hope it is and there will be plenty of space for it if it does come

Cruse34

I don't even know if it's going to be a real port. I think it was just at the E3 convention as a: tech demo. I didn't care for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

TabJSR

Both read the link above, here is an exert from it confirming it will be MGS3 and it will be basically the same plus a few elements being added.

"for the 3D Metal Gear Solid 3. The demo was actually created by staff members of the Peace Walker team, coming straight off their work on the PSP title. They managed to push the 3DS hardware quite far, upping the detail on backgrounds and characters over the PS2 original. Said Kojoima of the character models, "The high level models are about the same quality as the stuff we made on the PlayStation 3, although it's tough to see this. If we'd had a bit more time, we could have made something better."

Even though he may or may not have much to do with its final development, Kojima did share a few hints with Famitsu about what we can expect from the game. Kojima Productions will be keeping the Metal Gear Solid 3 story the same while adding things like the co-ops play system from Peace Walker, 3D, and "portable-like elements." Development on the game won't be horrendously long. It won't be at the 3DS launch, but Kojima said that he feels it must come out within a year of that."

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cruse34

TabJSR

How can you not like it is epicly epic.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cruse34

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Sepewrath

TabJSR

Both read the link above, here is an exert from it confirming it will be MGS3 and it will be basically the same plus a few elements being added.

"for the 3D Metal Gear Solid 3. The demo was actually created by staff members of the Peace Walker team, coming straight off their work on the PSP title. They managed to push the 3DS hardware quite far, upping the detail on backgrounds and characters over the PS2 original. Said Kojoima of the character models, "The high level models are about the same quality as the stuff we made on the PlayStation 3, although it's tough to see this. If we'd had a bit more time, we could have made something better."

Even though he may or may not have much to do with its final development, Kojima did share a few hints with Famitsu about what we can expect from the game. Kojima Productions will be keeping the Metal Gear Solid 3 story the same while adding things like the co-ops play system from Peace Walker, 3D, and "portable-like elements." Development on the game won't be horrendously long. It won't be at the 3DS launch, but Kojima said that he feels it must come out within a year of that."

Happiness Explosion :D:D:D

Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

I still can't comprehend this 3DS and everything that's going on with it. And until I get my hands on one and try it for myself I am going to be skeptical and say things like I think I'd rather go with the PS2 version.

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

What I am worried about is that the pictures and grapphics shown are not actual game play, but cut scenes... :(

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

What I am worried about is that the pictures and grapphics shown are not actual game play, but cut scenes... :(

Chopinist
cutscenes using the ingame engine, not a pre rendered cutscene of a saved movie file.Basically thats how gameplay can look.Thats the idea of a tech demo.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cruse34

[QUOTE="Chopinist"]

intro94

cutscenes using the ingame engine, not a pre rendered cutscene of a saved movie file.Basically thats how gameplay can look.Thats the idea of a tech demo.

And all Kojima games are the same graphicaly cut scenes and gameplay