SMB 3 outsells all games on eshop 4/22/14

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#1 Edited by KBFloYd (19097 posts) -

on wiiU it beat all the newly released GBA games...

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Super Mario World

3. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

4. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

5. Metroid Fusion

6. Zelda: Wind Waker HD

7. Golden Sun

8. WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$

9. DuckTales Remastered

10. Advance Wars

11. Zelda: A Link to the Past

12. NES Remix

13. EarthBound

14. Super Mario Bros.

15. Super Metroid

16. Art Academy: SketchPad

17. The Legend of Zelda

18. Super Mario Bros.

19. Pokemon Rumble U

20. Super Mario 3D World

on 3DS it outsold pokemon....

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Pokemon Battle Trozei

3. Pokemon Dream Radar

4. Disney Magical World

5. Art Academy: First Semester

6. Super Mario Bros.

7. EDGE

8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

9. Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX

10. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

11. Pokemon X

12. Pokemon Y

13. Super Mario Bros. 2

14. Bravely Default

15. Darts Up 3D

16. Trajectile

17. Yoshi’s New Island

18. The Legend of Zelda

19. Mega Man

20. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

3dswiiu

Avatar image for fishpockets
#2 Posted by fishpockets (361 posts) -

Hey look if Nintendo fixed VC people would give them money.

Avatar image for Raptor_Herc
#3 Posted by Raptor_Herc (330 posts) -

No wonder Nintendo prioritises bringing 8-bit titles to the eShop over anything else.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18629 posts) -

Well it is still a great game.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#5 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

I own this game on NES, SNES (collection), GBA, and I even bought it TWICE on Wii. Once in a retail package Mario Collection, and years ago in 2007 I bought it on Wii VC.

I'm not buying it again. It's a great game, but I wonder how many people were like me and just keep rebuying these games? Nintendo needs to fix their online account approach if they want my online money. I will support their retail games, but not their online until they fix the anti consumer account issues.

Avatar image for Napajeni
#6 Posted by Napajeni (25 posts) -

Who didn't see this coming....

Avatar image for SolidTy
#7 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

Who didn't see this coming....

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

Avatar image for Napajeni
#8 Edited by Napajeni (25 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#9 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

Aha, but you see, now I have learned two two things. Exciting!

You aren't a bot and you don't detect the humor and sarcasm of my post.

It's also possible we may have met before in another accounts, but maybe not, lol.

Well, welcome to Gamespot and have fun posting. Like I said, I didn't disagree with your post, I was just trying to invoke a laugh or two and hopefully figure out if you are another of the myriads of spam bots that post very vague liners before eventually spamming. If you weren't a spambot, I was hoping you would enjoy the humor, but it looks like that attempt was unsuccessful. 1 out of 2 ain't bad... :(

Super Mario Bros. 3, btw, was my favorite mario, but I notice more and more people are choosing Super Mario World as I get older (Both great games). Shout out to Super Mario 64.

Avatar image for Litchie
#10 Posted by Litchie (20852 posts) -

I totally contributed on SMB3 sales on 3DS.. Having SMB3 (a masterpiece) with me wherever I go = awesome. You never know when you get a serious urge to play SMB3..

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#11 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

SMB3 had been in my wish list for months prior to this release. Since I bought it on Wii, I got it at a discount. Can't say I'm surprised it outsold everything else. It's cheap and a classic.

Avatar image for quatoe
#12 Posted by quatoe (7135 posts) -

My favorite 2-D Mario title. Going to finish it once I am done the first three Zelda titles.

Avatar image for sonic_spark
#13 Edited by sonic_spark (5561 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

Aha, but you see, now I have learned two two things. Exciting!

You aren't a bot and you don't detect the humor and sarcasm of my post.

It's also possible we may have met before in another accounts, but maybe not, lol.

Well, welcome to Gamespot and have fun posting. Like I said, I didn't disagree with your post, I was just trying to invoke a laugh or two and hopefully figure out if you are another of the myriads of spam bots that post very vague liners before eventually spamming. If you weren't a spambot, I was hoping you would enjoy the humor, but it looks like that attempt was unsuccessful. 1 out of 2 ain't bad... :(

Super Mario Bros. 3, btw, was my favorite mario, but I notice more and more people are choosing Super Mario World as I get older (Both great games). Shout out to Super Mario 64.

I thought it was funny, lol.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is arguably the best 2D sidescrolling Mario game ever created. It still holds up incredibly well today, and that is why it sells.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#14 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@sonic_spark said:

@SolidTy said:

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

Aha, but you see, now I have learned two two things. Exciting!

You aren't a bot and you don't detect the humor and sarcasm of my post.

It's also possible we may have met before in another accounts, but maybe not, lol.

Well, welcome to Gamespot and have fun posting. Like I said, I didn't disagree with your post, I was just trying to invoke a laugh or two and hopefully figure out if you are another of the myriads of spam bots that post very vague liners before eventually spamming. If you weren't a spambot, I was hoping you would enjoy the humor, but it looks like that attempt was unsuccessful. 1 out of 2 ain't bad... :(

Super Mario Bros. 3, btw, was my favorite mario, but I notice more and more people are choosing Super Mario World as I get older (Both great games). Shout out to Super Mario 64.

I thought it was funny, lol.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is arguably the best 2D sidescrolling Mario game ever created. It still holds up incredibly well today, and that is why it sells.

Thank YOU!

I knew I had a few droplets of funny fuel left in the ol'comedy tank. :P