SMB 3 outsells all games on eshop 4/22/14

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

on wiiU it beat all the newly released GBA games...

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Super Mario World

3. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

4. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

5. Metroid Fusion

6. Zelda: Wind Waker HD

7. Golden Sun

8. WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$

9. DuckTales Remastered

10. Advance Wars

11. Zelda: A Link to the Past

12. NES Remix

13. EarthBound

14. Super Mario Bros.

15. Super Metroid

16. Art Academy: SketchPad

17. The Legend of Zelda

18. Super Mario Bros.

19. Pokemon Rumble U

20. Super Mario 3D World

on 3DS it outsold pokemon....

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Pokemon Battle Trozei

3. Pokemon Dream Radar

4. Disney Magical World

5. Art Academy: First Semester

6. Super Mario Bros.

7. EDGE

8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

9. Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX

10. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

11. Pokemon X

12. Pokemon Y

13. Super Mario Bros. 2

14. Bravely Default

15. Darts Up 3D

16. Trajectile

17. Yoshi’s New Island

18. The Legend of Zelda

19. Mega Man

20. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

3dswiiu

fishpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 fishpockets
Member since 2014 • 361 Posts

Hey look if Nintendo fixed VC people would give them money.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

No wonder Nintendo prioritises bringing 8-bit titles to the eShop over anything else.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Well it is still a great game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own this game on NES, SNES (collection), GBA, and I even bought it TWICE on Wii. Once in a retail package Mario Collection, and years ago in 2007 I bought it on Wii VC.

I'm not buying it again. It's a great game, but I wonder how many people were like me and just keep rebuying these games? Nintendo needs to fix their online account approach if they want my online money. I will support their retail games, but not their online until they fix the anti consumer account issues.

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Napajeni
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Who didn't see this coming....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidTy

Who didn't see this coming....

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

Napajeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Napajeni
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@SolidTy said:

You made an account April 28th, 2012 and this was your first post two years later in April 2014? That was the message you've been waiting years to deliver. To let us know SMB3 outselling games on eshop wasn't exactly a shocker.

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

I can't say I disagree, but I'm more intrigued by this thread getting your attention enough to break your e-vow of silence. I guess I just expected something far more profound and less obvious.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

Well, thank you for dropping by and leaving us a message.:) Hopefully you aren't a bot...

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

It's amazing how much this wracks your mind....I can imagine how much of a successful analyst you pretend to be. To quell your concerns, Miss, I simply didn't know I even made an account here that many years ago. Just perusing the web through boredom and happened to remember Game Spot and having an account here.

Your paranoia is just messing your head up more. I don't recall the memo that ever implied I was waiting two years to say something, least of all on a chat site where it's just as simple as typing up a message with key strokes. But hey, continue to pretend to accurately analyze this and that; I can tell it hasn't stopped you before.

In the mean time, schedule yourself a CT scan. That way, they can find the root of the problem that spells out your needless analytics of a mere response to a thread.

Aha, but you see, now I have learned two two things. Exciting!

You aren't a bot and you don't detect the humor and sarcasm of my post.

It's also possible we may have met before in another accounts, but maybe not, lol.

Well, welcome to Gamespot and have fun posting. Like I said, I didn't disagree with your post, I was just trying to invoke a laugh or two and hopefully figure out if you are another of the myriads of spam bots that post very vague liners before eventually spamming. If you weren't a spambot, I was hoping you would enjoy the humor, but it looks like that attempt was unsuccessful. 1 out of 2 ain't bad... :(

Super Mario Bros. 3, btw, was my favorite mario, but I notice more and more people are choosing Super Mario World as I get older (Both great games). Shout out to Super Mario 64.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34466 Posts

I totally contributed on SMB3 sales on 3DS.. Having SMB3 (a masterpiece) with me wherever I go = awesome. You never know when you get a serious urge to play SMB3..

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

SMB3 had been in my wish list for months prior to this release. Since I bought it on Wii, I got it at a discount. Can't say I'm surprised it outsold everything else. It's cheap and a classic.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

My favorite 2-D Mario title. Going to finish it once I am done the first three Zelda titles.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

It's also possible we may have met before in another accounts, but maybe not, lol.

Well, welcome to Gamespot and have fun posting. Like I said, I didn't disagree with your post, I was just trying to invoke a laugh or two and hopefully figure out if you are another of the myriads of spam bots that post very vague liners before eventually spamming. If you weren't a spambot, I was hoping you would enjoy the humor, but it looks like that attempt was unsuccessful. 1 out of 2 ain't bad... :(

Super Mario Bros. 3, btw, was my favorite mario, but I notice more and more people are choosing Super Mario World as I get older (Both great games). Shout out to Super Mario 64.

I thought it was funny, lol.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is arguably the best 2D sidescrolling Mario game ever created. It still holds up incredibly well today, and that is why it sells.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy

@sonic_spark said:

@SolidTy said:

@Napajeni said:

@SolidTy said:

I thought it was funny, lol.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is arguably the best 2D sidescrolling Mario game ever created. It still holds up incredibly well today, and that is why it sells.

Thank YOU!

I knew I had a few droplets of funny fuel left in the ol'comedy tank. :P