Smash Bros. 50 Facts Extravaganza Chat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

So guys, Nintendo has just had there 50 facts extravaganza for SSB.

So to get us started here are the 50 facts

1. The game starts with 40 fighters unlocked (with others to unlock)
  2. The resolution is naturally better than the 3DS version
  3. Up to 8 Player Battles (these are not available on all maps or online)
  4. Bigger Stages (to take advantage of higher player count)
  5. Danger Zones (special areas on the maps that can damage players and KO them if they have 100% or higher)
  6. Dual Plane Battling (One of the DK stages has to planes to fight in, it's unknown if this'll be exclusive to this map)
  7. More Maps than 3DS (a given, though no actual number)
  8. Miiverse Map (won't be available at launch, will show images of the fighers taking part in that match from Miiverse submissions)
  9. Palutena's Guidance (the same as Snake's Codec messages in Brawl, press down on Palutina's Temple while playing as Pit to get info from Palutena about the other fighters)
  10. Metal Face (Metal Face will show up as a stage boss on the Xenoblade Chronicles stage)
  11. Ridley (Ridley will show up on the Metroid stage, and will fight alongside players who attack him enough, KOing him gives you a point)
  12. Coin Battles return
  13. Stamina Battles (take players down to 0 hp to win)
  14. Special Smash (create your own costume rules)
  15. Item frequency (adjust how often items show up, or if they do at all)
  16. My Music (adjust what music plays, and how often)
  17. Menu Music (can also be adjusted)
  18. A crap tone of music (3x the amount of music the 3DS version has)
  19. Composers (more composers than he 3DS version too)
  20. CD's (collectible CD's return from Brawl)
  21. Challenges (returning from brawl, also has multiplayer challenges too)
  22. Classic Mode (Classic Mode returns but is very different from the 3DS version, and is based on how well you play)
  23. Clear Movies (every time you complete classic mode, you'll be rewarded with a short clear movie staring that character)
  24. All-Star Mode (returns, however it is reversed from the 3DS version, so you start with newcomers and end with the veterans)
  25. Event Mode (returns from Brawl, clear events to unlock new ones, also has a co-op mode)
  26. Smash Tour (a Mario Party style board game, plays a little like Smash run in that you collect powerups, you also collect characters which act as your stock for the final fight at the end of the game)
  27. Target Blast (same as it is in 3DS version, so pointless)
  28. Group Stadium (4 players take turns doing events such as Target Blast)
  29. Special Orders (Master Hand and Crazy Hand have special challenges for the players, you only get one attempt)
  30. MASTER FORTRESS (A new form for Master Core)
  31. Controllers (Wii U uses every type of controller possible)
  32. GameCube Controller Adaptor (as we knew, it's coming)
  33. 3DS Controller (Yeah, even the 3DS can be a Smash WiiU controller)
  34. Connecting to 3DS (allows you to transfer your custom Mii Fighters over to WiiU)
  35. More Trophies than 3DS (the trophies focus more on Nintendo's home console games)
  36. Final Smash Trophies (unlocked for beating All-Star with each character)
  37. Trophy Box (sort your trophies by game in special boxes)
  38. Photo Studio (arrange trophies and take photos of them)
  39. Trophy Rush (same as 3DS, but can have 2-player)
  40. Masterpieces (demos of games staring some of the Smash Bros roster)
  41. AMIIBO (we already know every about this)
  42. Internet Connection (yeah, you can play online)
  43. Automatic Notifications (not really sure, I think it's just a news feed or something)
  44. Friends and Tags (two people can play together online in 4 player against two other players)
  45. Tourney's (players can set up and take part in there own Tourney's)
  46. Tournament Mode (Tournament Mode returns from past games, allowing for 64 player online Tournaments, and replays for all matches)
  47. Wii U Gamepad (gamepad can be used to play the game or show the players percentages and scores)
  48. Paint (you can paint on the images you make in photo editor)
  49. Voice Chat (You can chat to your friends, but not while in a match to avoid lag)
  50. Stage Builder (You can build your own stages using the GamePad)
  51. Sharing (not available at launch, but you can eventually share your creations with others online)
  52. Movies (all Character intro movies will be available to watch)
  53. Sound Track (anyone who registers both games on club Nintendo will get the official 2 disc soundtrack, each one containing 36 songs from the 3DS and Wii U versions)
  54. Mewtwo (Mewtwo is on his way, but only for people who buy both versions of the game, he'll be available spring next year)

What where your highlights. For me it's the confirmation that Mewtwo will be returning, and the trailer for Bowser Jr.

I will say though, I do think Mewtwo's return has been handled in kind of a dickish way. They confirm he's returning, only to then turn around and say it won't happen until next year and will only be available to people who buy both versions of the game.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

The whole Mewtwo thing means there will be DLC. So...Maybe we'll see one last 3rd party character??? Bayonetta???

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Not that I care about this DLC and I love me my nintendo... But that's a typical Nintendo move... Sometimes they are really out of touch...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

dude...if you have friends or family in real life this game is just...just..amazing.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spike6958

@KBFloYd said:

dude...if you have friends or family in real life this game is just...just..amazing.

Even if you don't it's amazing. The shear amount of content either way is just staggering.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

The whole Mewtwo thing means there will be DLC. So...Maybe we'll see one last 3rd party character??? Bayonetta???

I wouldn't bank on it, I think Mewtwo is it on the character DLC front.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I'm pretty sure they said free to those who have both copies. I took this to mean he may still be available for purchase if you only own one version.

Also, the video specifically mentioned 1080p.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

The way they handled Mewtwo as free DLC for those who buy both versions was exactly the sort of reward I was expecting from having a console and portable game. This is really smart and completely welcomed by me.

This whole Nintendo Direct was really good news overall. 8 players is perfect for party settings. Stage creator will have a whole audience unto itself.

I wonder if you have to have the GC adapter to achieve 8 players or can you connect multiple bluetooth controllers?

It is too bad they won't have in gamer voice chat but I am guessing the online features will be lacking as usual. Not that this matters with all of its core content being so robust.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@thedude-: Oh, that's a good question about how to connect 8 players. I have 3 Wii U Pros and 2 Wiimotes. I haven't tried seeing if you can connect that many wireless controllers.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@thedude- said:

@pikachudude860 said:

The way they handled Mewtwo as free DLC for those who buy both versions was exactly the sort of reward I was expecting from having a console and portable game. This is really smart and completely welcomed by me.

This whole Nintendo Direct was really good news overall. 8 players is perfect for party settings. Stage creator will have a whole audience unto itself.

I wonder if you have to have the GC adapter to achieve 8 players or can you connect multiple bluetooth controllers?

It is too bad they won't have in gamer voice chat but I am guessing the online features will be lacking as usual. Not that this matters with all of its core content being so robust.

Plus you can share your replays, pictures and, (I think), your created stages with others online. Overall I'd say that it was a really exciting direct.

BTW, the voice chat is in the game, just not while your fighting. Nintendo said that they did that in order to ensure better connections.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I personally wont miss voice chat during the actual game. Its not really a game where verbal contact(with random people)is useful or productive. All you would hear is "You stole my KO{insert random expletive}" I wish though that they had it with friends, maybe with an update that can be added.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thedude-

@pikachudude860 said:

@thedude- said:

@pikachudude860 said:

Plus you can share your replays, pictures and, (I think), your created stages with others online. Overall I'd say that it was a really exciting direct.

BTW, the voice chat is in the game, just not while your fighting. Nintendo said that they did that in order to ensure better connections.

That is not in game. I believe it would improve network stability I just do not see it as a good excuse. It just shows how small scale their server viability withstands in light of the competition.

The stage creator and other customization create/share features will really connect with the Minecraft, Terraria crowd if the feature is useful and easy to use.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts

Wait. Forty characters from the get go?

How many characters are there altogether? o_O

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

As a Ridley fan...I am actually happy at how good the boss looks. Sure I wish he could have been playable; but this is a great runner up; though seeing the little KO icon in the results next to other playable characters stings...just a little XD. But a great direct otherwise; cool new trailer a great showcase of features. the music (OMFG so excited for the smash cds) and Mewtwo coming is just great! I really hope they take a page out of Project M and use the 'armor' he wears in the pokemon movie as an alt costume.

Also, on the topic of DLC characters it seems that alot of time is being spent on just developing Mewtwo; would other DLC characters even be viable/ possible with the dev time needed?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I think this convinced me to buy the game. Maybe. There's just so much content and it looks so smooth...

Sucks that Mewtwo is DLC though, I don't want to get the 3ds version :/

Then again Lucario kinda took the torch from mewtwo so maybe I won't miss him.

Also, I am so sick of the koopalings, they suck. Bowser junior looked awesome and then they had to come out of nowhere lol

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Man that was a lot of information in one go. A lot of good stuff, and I even had a couple "wow" moments (the DK level where you go into the background, the level editior where you draw).

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FuccBoii
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Honestly I am a huge smash bros fan, but how is the wii u version going to stand out? To me, its just a glorified brawl. More characters, more stages, better graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't mean to jump off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread....

Is the Smash Bros Gamecube Controller bundle sold out everywhere or was it taken down from sales pages or is it not coming to the US?

I'd really like to get a preorder in on Smash...

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spike6958
@simuseb2 said:

It's the same 52 character that the 3DS version has(if counting the Mii Fighter classes), but Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff and Ness are unlocked from the the start, and with the Mewtwo DLC that's upped to 53.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thedude-

@trugs26 said:

Man that was a lot of information in one go. A lot of good stuff, and I even had a couple "wow" moments (the DK level where you go into the background, the level editior where you draw).

Seriously, that foreground and background element could bring a fresh paint to Team Battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

This makes the 3DS version look like a terrible version of the game lol.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts

@spike6958 said:
@simuseb2 said:

It's the same 52 character that the 3DS version has(if counting the Mii Fighter classes), but Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff and Ness are unlocked from the the start, and with the Mewtwo DLC that's upped to 53.

I'm by no means complaining, but I think it would have been more exciting to have only 26-30 unlocked characters from the get go which would make 22 unlockable characters. I'm just thinking aloud. :c

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spike6958

@simuseb2 said:

@spike6958 said:
@simuseb2 said:

I'm by no means complaining, but I think it would have been more exciting to have only 26-30 unlocked characters from the get go which would make 22 unlockable characters. I'm just thinking aloud. :c

Hey, if it was up to me the only characters unlocked from the start would be the 12 from the original N64 game. Everyone else you should have to earn IMO.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I love my 3DS version and don't regret buying it, but this indeed does make it look like shyte...
The Wii U version has so much more content and improved on many things that are already present in the 3DS version. It's becoming painfully clear that they didn't release the Wii U version later for bug testing, but building up hype so everyone would get the 3DS version after which they could come in with a giant bang to make the Wii U version that much better.

Liking the idea that people with both versions get something, but why'd it have to be Mewtwo...? Would have preferred a completely new and surprising character.