Shouldn't Roy be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?!?!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TriforcePride7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Most of us hardcore Nintendo fans have stuck with Nintendo all our lives. My first game was the very first Mario game for NES. I have loved Nintendo since then. But I might be really mad at Nintendo if they don't put Roy in Brawl. But I will never switch to a Halo Fanboy. I will still be loyal. Shouldn't Roy be in Brawl? I think this is a subject that will be really popular at E3.

Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
Don't worry, I am 92% sure he will be.
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TriforcePride7
92% isn't 100%.....but it's really really great. I think he's the best character and everybody likes him. I've been a Roy fan since I unlocked him. He's awesome. Do you agree?
nextgen2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nextgen2007
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
I find it suspicious that a thread not too different from this one was created just a few hours ago... Please stop cluttering the forums.
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Shockey-
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
92% isn't 100%.....but it's really really great. I think he's the best character and everybody likes him. I've been a Roy fan since I unlocked him. He's awesome. Do you agree?TriforcePride7
Roy is far from the best character in the game. Fox is the best character in the game, and cannot be mastered by a human being.
nextgen2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nextgen2007
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

[QUOTE="TriforcePride7"]92% isn't 100%.....but it's really really great. I think he's the best character and everybody likes him. I've been a Roy fan since I unlocked him. He's awesome. Do you agree?-Shockey-
Roy is far from the best character in the game. Fox is the best character in the game, and cannot be mastered by a human being.

Dude, one word. Link! Gotta love the sword and bow and arrow.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Marth and Roy are totally different -aside from their moveset- because they play at different speeds and their swords are different. At first i though Roy should be cut, but they are different, you just have to play with both a lot to realize that... but Marth is far superior to Roy. I also feel the same way about mario and dr. mario... I love Mario and using him, but when i switch to the Doc, i can actually tell the difference, the doc is worse. Everyone else just laughs at me and their like, "theyre the SAME" aw well... im guessing pichu, dr. mario, and young link will be cut. Falco and Ganondorf will get new moves. Luigi will get a better running A... hopefully.
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TriforcePride7
I don't think that Fox is the best character. I think he's far from it. I don't want to argue. It's my opinion that Roy is the best. Fox is masterable. My cousin and I went to a Tournament and we beat Fox and Falco in the final match of the Doubles. We were Roy and Link. we won 5-4. Best of 8. This guy was the greatest opponent I have ever faced. I do respeect Fox though.
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TriforcePride7
Here's my list of the top 5 fightersbest fighters: 1. Roy 2. Link 3. Falco 4. Fox 5. Ganondorf
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Shockey-

[QUOTE="-Shockey-"][QUOTE="TriforcePride7"]92% isn't 100%.....but it's really really great. I think he's the best character and everybody likes him. I've been a Roy fan since I unlocked him. He's awesome. Do you agree?nextgen2007

Dude, one word. Link! Gotta love the sword and bow and arrow.

Link is decent. However, in terms of competitive tournament gameplay, Link is dominated by Fox. For that matter, Link is dominated by Jigglypuff in the right hands.
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TriforcePride7
I messed up on typing in my last post
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TriforcePride7

They are all the greatest fighters. Certain people will beat you with Pichu, Jigglypuff, and so on. So no fighters are better than each other except for in the eyes of certian people.

-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Shockey-
I don't think that Fox is the best character. I think he's far from it. I don't want to argue. It's my opinion that Roy is the best. Fox is masterable. My cousin and I went to a Tournament and we beat Fox and Falco in the final match of the Doubles. We were Roy and Link. we won 5-4. Best of 8. This guy was the greatest opponent I have ever faced. I do respeect Fox though.TriforcePride7
I understand where you are coming from, and my intent is not to start an argument. However, I have to say that in the right hands Fox is the best character in the game. His shine (down B) is the best move in the game, and can be combo-ed in a variety of different ways. No disrespect to your opponent, but if he was beaten by your Roy then he had a poor Fox. You very well could have the best Roy in the world, but the character is limited in ways that higher tier characters (Fox, Falco, Marth, etc.) are not. Congrats on the win though, I've never won a doubles before (I have won a singles). :)
EARLLOVINGS31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 EARLLOVINGS31
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts

link is one of the best swordsman with the bombs and arrows and the all around balance. fox isnt the best, all he has is speed. roy has great power and not that much speed, its the same with marth but speed is better than power for him.

and if you post that "o you need to watch the japanese player who playes as marth and then youll see" QUIT USING HIM AS A DANG SCAPEGOAT.

TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TriforcePride7
Roy is the bestfighter in the right hands. Fox is also. He was a great competitor but my cousin and planned out combos and we had little signs we did for certain combos. Good job on the singles.
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Shockey-

link is one of the best swordsman with the bombs and arrows and the all around balance. fox isnt the best, all he has is speed. roy has great power and not that much speed, its the same with marth but speed is better than power for him.

and if you post that "o you need to watch the japanese player who playes as marth and then youll see" QUIT USING HIM AS A DANG SCAPEGOAT.

EARLLOVINGS31

It may be true that Link is better to many casual players across the country, but the point I am trying to make is that at the upper levels of Smash competition characters like Roy and Link don't hold up to the Marths and the Foxes.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I don't think that Roy should be cut from Brawl. I think he is popular enough and unique enough to merit a return, and I think it would be a shame if Ninty didn't bring him back.

TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TriforcePride7
You're awesome Shockey. I think you have great points. You love Fox and I love Roy. Almost exact opposites.....but I bet I could take you. Hahahaha. I don't know. It would be a great match.
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Shockey-

Roy is the bestfighter in the right hands. Fox is also. He was a great competitor but my cousin and planned out combos and we had little signs we did for certain combos. Good job on the singles.TriforcePride7
Thanks.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Roy can be played to his limits and be a force in the right hands; I personally used to (years ago) use him all the time to great success. However, after my first tournament I picked up Falco instead because I thought he had greater potential. But, as you've said, it is a matter of preference and if you can excel with a character that others have trouble with then you are a better player for it.

-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Shockey-
You're awesome Shockey. I think you have great points. TriforcePride7
Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
You love Fox and I love Roy. Almost exact opposites.....but I bet I could take you. Hahahaha. I don't know. It would be a great match.TriforcePride7
I'd take you up on that challenge, but sadly I don't see how it would be possible. I guess we'll just have to settle this online once Brawl comes out. :)
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TriforcePride7
In the proper hands, I could get demolished by Pichu, as could you. Fox is your best fighter. Roy is mine. We could be on different levels of playing. I could be waay better than you, and Vice Versa. If you lived in Ohio I'd show you my true potential as Roy. You would me your true potential as Fox.
emery_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emery_24
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts

I'm sure Roy will be in Brawl. No reason he wouldn't.

Does no one like Zelda/Shiek? I was always awesome with her.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
^^ I AM great with both zelda/shiek.
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Shockey-

In the proper hands, I could get demolished by Pichu, as could you. Fox is your best fighter. Roy is mine. We could be on different levels of playing. I could be waay better than you, and Vice Versa. If you lived in Ohio I'd show you my true potential as Roy. You would me your true potential as Fox.TriforcePride7
Actually, Fox isn't my best; Falco is. :) I've just witnessed first hand in a few different tournaments and competitions how a skilled Fox player can decimate anyone and everyone. And I guess since you live in Ohio the face-to-face matchup between us is totally out of the question; that's a little to far to drive from Florida.

Does no one like Zelda/Shiek? I was always awesome with her.emery_24
Shiek, very much yes. Zelda, a definite and resounding no.

TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TriforcePride7
The only way we can face is Wi-Fi. I will face you Shockey!!!!
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Shockey-
The only way we can face is Wi-Fi. I will face you Shockey!!!!TriforcePride7
I look forward to it!
emery_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emery_24
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts
I can take both of u with any character... :D
big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
i think roy shouldn't be cut oh and by the way i play great with any character except NESS.............DAMN you ness
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts

I can take both of u with any character... :Demery_24

Game & Watch?

aaman4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aaman4567
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts
Each character is the best if you know how to use them. heres some vids of fox and roy.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zZDRzPKGWFQ foxs video...first like 20 secs are stupid but then it goes into the movie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xkv8IvE7TGw this is roys video

you can see how both of them are good if you know how to use them...fox is the best though
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Here's my list of the top 5 fightersbest fighters: 1. Roy 2. Link 3. Falco 4. Fox 5. GanondorfTriforcePride7

Mine are

Roy

Link

Mario

Fox

Bowser (jus cause.)

be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts
It's good to know that not every discussion must turn into a flame war. As for smash brothers I don't really have one character I'm good with I just kind of pick one.
viper2116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 viper2116
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts
I used to use Roy a lot, but i switched over to falco because he has the right mives to fit my style. I think Roy shouldn't be cut out, but given a new move set.
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
Everyone that used to play Roy seems to have switched to Falco..
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
I think it's important to point out that Sakurai specifically warned us about expecting the characters to be exactly the same because they won't.  Reason I bring it up is, though you guys have a preferred character in Melee, you might find yourself preferring someone else in Brawl.  I'm a Samus guy myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll like Samus in Brawl, you see what I mean?  Just a thought.
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

I think all of the characters should be in, and new ones should just be added ....

As for the best character, Marth for his super-fast attacks ...

Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
I think if Marth is in it, they shouldn't bother with Roy. Or vice-versa.
-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Shockey-
I think if Marth is in it, they shouldn't bother with Roy. Or vice-versa.Xerlaoth
I'm not sure why you would think that; they are from the same game series (Fire Emblem) but they are drastically different characters. They are much less similar than, say, Fox and Falco (or even Ganondorf and Captain Falcon). I think both characters have a place in the game, and it would be a disappointment to me and many others if both of them didn't return. Although ClandestineZero brings up a great point: This is going to be a totally different game and people's preferred character most likely will change.
guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#38 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts
I rock and always have rocked with Ness and Ice Climbers, I could anihalate everyone with ness, and I was pretty good with Ice Climbers. But I dont think either of them will be in brawl...
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TriforcePride7
Nobody can back up what they say about they could take all of us with one character. There is no way to prove this. I don't think I could beat certain people. I think I might be able to take some of you but none of us can prove our skills until Brawl comes out and we face each other on Wi-Fi
soul_peeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soul_peeker
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

Most of us hardcore Nintendo fans have stuck with Nintendo all our lives. My first game was the very first Mario game for NES. I have loved Nintendo since then. But I might be really mad at Nintendo if they don't put Roy in Brawl. But I will never switch to a Halo Fanboy. I will still be loyal. Shouldn't Roy be in Brawl? I think this is a subject that will be really popular at E3.

TriforcePride7

Yes. I want Roy to come back. It would make sense if they decided not to, but a lot of people would be mad. There are many people who are looking forward to Ike from Path of Radiance. If they have him, that might be too many similar characters, including Marth...

Anyway. I'm rooting for him to be back on the roster.

Edit: Although they may decide not to announce him anytime soon. Remember, he was an unlockable. They could make him an unlockable again.

SoxsMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SoxsMafia
Member since 2006 • 208 Posts
They won't take any characters from the melee, but roy isn't that good anyway, marth is much more quicker.
brettneo3012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 brettneo3012
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts
I'm sure Roy will be there.. But I think they will also add other Fire Emblem characters from Path of Radiance. You never know, they might surprise us by putting a character we wouldn't even think would go in Brawl.
TriforcePride7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TriforcePride7
Roy is great, just not to you. The have Fox, Mario, LuigiSamus, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, and Bowser. How could they not have any Melee characters? Bowser wasn't in the 1st SSB
ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZinkOxide
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
Roy is horrible at higher levels of play. His attack lag makes him close to unplayable. Plus, he falls like a rock, so DED doesn't help him much on recovery. Even bottom tier characters like Mewtwo have representation in decent tourneys, Roy almost never shows up. He does tend to be very popular at the casual level, however.
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
Look, no one is the best character, everyone has opiions, it's who you're the best WITH, not the best in general
KAL_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KAL_MAN
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts
I would say keep marth in, but that's because Ialways used him.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts

[QUOTE="TriforcePride7"]92% isn't 100%.....but it's really really great. I think he's the best character and everybody likes him. I've been a Roy fan since I unlocked him. He's awesome. Do you agree?-Shockey-

True, If you can master Fox you will be unstoppable.

ivhurore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ivhurore
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts
I agree. I always play with him!
SmartOne5792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SmartOne5792
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
roy is my best character....my list of best characters 1. Roy 2. Fox 3. Link 4.Samus 5. Kirby
MetaArc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MetaArc
Funny how Roy 'falls like a rock', but the most over represented tournament character, Fox, has the fastest falling speed ever. Ah, well, just a little bit of oddity.

Roy's my best character, and I dearly want to see him return in Brawl. Fox is the best character? Marth is the best character? You can keep your tiers away from me good sir. All that matters in a game of Smash Bros. is the burning soul of the players! The true path to victory is not hard coded into the fighters' movesets, but into their hearts! The only way to grasp victory is through your own hands! ...Besides that, they'll probably work over all the returning characters to be more evenly matched in tourneys. ...They'll probably also nerf Ness again, ugh. Poor kid has enough problems!

...Say, who here has actually played Roy's game, Fuuin no Tsurugi? I have, though not to the extent that I've played seven or eight.

Another Fire Emblem Character in Brawl? Am I the only one voting for Ephraim? (Course, FE8 wasn't popular in Japan, so that's highly unlikely)