Should they make another Pokemon game for Wii? *56k*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

I think they should, but not like Battle Revolution or how My Pokemon Ranch was, no. I'm talking like the two Pokemon Gamecube games that stuck well to the original Pokemon formula:

Pokemon Colosseum BoxshotPokemon XD: Gale of Darkness Boxshot

They could have the graphics of Pokemon Battle Revolution, but as I said in the first row, have the original gameplay formula the two Gamecube games had. Wii remote play may be nothing but cursoring (if that's even a word), but as long as it dosen't finick with the original gameplay formula.

Thoughts?

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

I would like something in line with what's offered on the handhelds, rather than battling it out in a collosseum or something like that. Give me a whole world to explore, damnit! But then again, I'm so confused by Pokemon now since they have like 600 of them lol. It might be too overwhelming for me (I only know the first 151).

TMF128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TMF128
Member since 2009 • 289 Posts

I would love a new story-based Pokemon game.

Although, they need to make there be more than just battles in the game. Something I noticed is that when you are playing Colosseum, all you do is battle over and over and over and over and for the whole freaking game you battle. It got extremely repetitive.

A few puzzles would make the game better. Hell, even driving missions would make the game better.

As for Wii remote controls, I actually think it would be fun if you used the Wii remote to throw pokeballs while catching pokemon (as in making a throwing motion to throw it at the pokemon.)

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Keep them on the handhelds. They work best there.
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

They should remake Blue for the Wii. Sold in a minute.

PoweredByHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 PoweredByHonda
Member since 2007 • 2972 Posts

randomwiiplayer
Uhm, No.... Red Version All the way! :] ahahhah Anyway I'd love a pokemon game on the wii. Maybe a "Pokemon Wii White" or some ghay crap Ahaha. But More than anything, I'd love a pokemon game with a story similar to that of the handhelds, but with the graphics a console is capable of. And I Have Battle Revolution...........ITS GARBAGE! Its fun for the first 3 battles or so because the graphics are nice, but it lacks what made us love the pokemon console games. No MINI GAMES! That was the reason we all played pokemon stadium!!!
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Another Pokemon spinoff? No thanks.

And they are never bringing their biggest handheld system seller to a console, the open world, RPG-lite games are staying portable:P

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I liked Pokémon XD, but I rather have a game like the ones on the handheld. Not a remake, just a whole new game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yeah, I'd like anther Battle Revolution type game

You'd think with Gold and Silver coming out they're want to have another arena based game on the console.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shoryuken_

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

PoweredByHonda

Uhm, No.... Red Version All the way! :] ahahhah Anyway I'd love a pokemon game on the wii. Maybe a "Pokemon Wii White" or some ghay crap Ahaha. But More than anything, I'd love a pokemon game with a story similar to that of the handhelds, but with the graphics a console is capable of. And I Have Battle Revolution...........ITS GARBAGE! Its fun for the first 3 battles or so because the graphics are nice, but it lacks what made us love the pokemon console games. No MINI GAMES! That was the reason we all played pokemon stadium!!!

OMG I would definitely buy this. It would be like 1998 all over again when I was a part of the Squirtle Squad.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tom95b

You'd think with Gold and Silver coming out they're want to have another arena based game on the console.

Jaysonguy

I don't like arena Pokémon games, I rather have open-world Pokémon games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

tom95b

I don't like arena Pokémon games, I rather have open-world Pokémon games.

That's great, they're all over on the DS

Considering that Pokemon is easily Nintendo's number one franchise and it helps them move their most lucrative piece of hardware those style of games aren't going anywhere.

The console ones are a nice companion to the handheld games

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tom95b

I meant to say I rather have a 3D open world Pokémon game on the Wii.

But you're right, I also don't see those sort of Pokémon games coming to consoles.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

I think they should, but not like Battle Revolution or how My Pokemon Ranch was, no. I'm talking like the two Pokemon Gamecube games that stuck well to the original Pokemon formula:

They could have the graphics of Pokemon Battle Revolution, but as I said in the first row, have the original gameplay formula the two Gamecube games had. Wii remote play may be nothing but cursoring (if that's even a word), but as long as it dosen't finick with the original gameplay formula.

Thoughts?

nintendoboy16

I thought those two games didn't exactly stick to the formula, it felt very limiting.

Now a real Pokemon game with Battle Revolution graphics? Yes please

Very few people see how good Battle Revolution's graphics were.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
If nintendo decided to bring out a traditional handheld like pokemon to the wii it would sell millions within days. However, the handhelds are doing just fine so I don't see this happening any time soon. The only arena game I liked was stadium back on the 64. All the others just never had the same magic to me.
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

Use a Mii as your trainer. That would be awesome. The Pokemon Gamecube games were fun,but it was very limited to actually catching wild Pokemon. You had to steal them,and that kinda was boring.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#17 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

As long as it is much better than the terrible Pokemon Battle Revolution I will be glad.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I would want Red/Blue/Yellow or Fire Red/Leaf Green on the DSi Virtual Handheld before they worked on this.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Doubt it will ever happen but I'd love to see a full Pokemon RPG on Wii. Those arena games just don't do it for me.
black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts

I would like something in line with what's offered on the handhelds, rather than battling it out in a collosseum or something like that. Give me a whole world to explore, damnit! But then again, I'm so confused by Pokemon now since they have like 600 of them lol. It might be too overwhelming for me (I only know the first 151).

shoryuken_
lol i only know 250 i gave up after that
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

Jaysonguy

Yeah. They somehow make lots of money off those games. I guess kids want to see their Pokemon on the TV, aswell as their DSs :P.

I wonder if they released the original Pokemon GBC games on VC/WiiWare, if it would sell well.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shoryuken_

Remember the thing on the SNES that let you play Gameboy games on your TV? That thing was the **** when I wanted to play Pokemon Blue or Mega Man.

Tamborific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tamborific
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

Making a Pokemon Open World will not hurt the handheld. They will just sell twice as many games.

Pokemon is just that much addictive.

They can also make some pokemons exclusive to DS, and Wii making players trade between both plataforms.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

Remember the thing on the SNES that let you play Gameboy games on your TV? That thing was the **** when I wanted to play Pokemon Blue or Mega Man.

shoryuken_
the super gameboy, that thing was the bomb, my friend had it
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Making a Pokemon Open World will not hurt the handheld. They will just sell twice as many games.

Pokemon is just that much addictive.

They can also make some pokemons exclusive to DS, and Wii making players trade between both plataforms.

Tamborific
this
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I don't see how it would hurt the handheld sales either. Just have 1 big Pokemon game for a console per generation (like Mario).

It could be way better than any of those stadium (lame) games, but include a stadium type of multiplayer for online to keep it simple.

I really don't understand why they haven't done something like that on the consoles. If Nintendo thinks that Monster Hunter 3 is going to push the Wii to new heights, do the same thing with a Pokemon game. Common Sense

pursuit_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 pursuit_master
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

yes

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

If it's like the ones on the handhelds, yes!! Although I like the ones on the gamecube.

namelock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 namelock
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
They should definatly make a pokemon game for wii with no ds needed.i have battle revo. but no ds.....totally sucks
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Pokemon Snap 2.

GamerJess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamerJess
Member since 2009 • 797 Posts
I think Pokemon should stick to the handhelds. I must admit, Pokemon XD was alright, and I liked Pokemon Snap :P I think a remake of Pokemon Blue/Red would be so epic for the Wii.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

All they have to do is release Pokemon Scramble Worldwide and I'll be set for Pokemon on the Wii. Here's hoping for Pokemon Scramble NA edition.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

If it stuck to the original Pokemon formula (like Red and Blue) then yes.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

garrett_duffman

the super gameboy, that thing was the bomb, my friend had it

That thing was AWESOME, we would play pokemon Red on my friends TV all the time, taking turns battling gym leaders until we finally won haha..

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#35 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

Keep them on the handhelds. They work best there. Kcdragon8116
I don't see why anyone would think that, there is no reason a game is better on a handheld or not other than the fact that companies refuse to make them the same way. If they made a pokemon game that is like pokemon red, blue, yellow, etc on gameboy it would be great fun, instead we get pokemon stadium type games. Even the ones for gamecube were light on the traveling and finding thing.....

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
I would like a Pokemon game for the Wii but it would have to be different from what a handheld title would be because if I wanted that I'd get the handheld version. I think it would be pretty cool to see a 3D world where there are no random battles; you just find the Pokemon wandering around and you attack them with your own Pokemon. (sort of like Final Fantasy XII) The way it would work is when you see the wild Pokemon, you choose whether or not you want to fight it by locking on to it. When you lock on, you press a button to open up a menu and select a Pokemon to send out. When you send out your Pokemon, you open up another menu (which would freeze all activity in the world, like the 'wait' setting in a FF game) and choose an attack. Once the Pokemon goes and performs the attack (how fast it pulls it off is dependent on its speed stat) you choose another attack or do nothing (which means it would do the same attack). This probably wouldn't work though, but I've been playing FFXII the past few days so I was just thinking of it. :P
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I would like a MMORPG or "true" Pokemon game better.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I am sure they will make a new one, they make so much $$$ off the franchise it doesn't matter what kind of games they put out, they sell.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
the only pokemon game i would even remotely consider is an MMORPG thats along the llines of spore, where you can completely design your own pokey man
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 garrett_duffman
the only pokemon game i would even remotely consider is an MMORPG thats along the llines of spore, where you can completely design your own pokey manstarwarsjunky
... if your designing your own then its not really pokemon... you might as well just play spore
Zeus-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zeus-Guy
Member since 2004 • 728 Posts
A full 3D Pokemon game would be difficult to create because of how much data they can fit onto one disc (even a dual layer), which unfortunetly its not an infinate amount. Think about it, there would about 490 different Pokemon models (not counting alternate forms and shiny palettes) plus the animations for them, data for individual and effort values, trainer models and animations, over 450 Pokemon moves plus animations for them, and the complex formulas needed to make the game operate.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 garrett_duffman
A full 3D Pokemon game would be difficult to create because of how much data they can fit onto one disc (even a dual layer), which unfortunetly its not an infinate amount. Think about it, there would about 490 different Pokemon models (not counting alternate forms and shiny palettes) plus the animations for them, data for individual and effort values, trainer models and animations, over 450 Pokemon moves plus animations for them, and the complex formulas needed to make the game operate. Zeus-Guy
pokemon platinum. wii games are alot bigger than DS games, space shouldnt be a problem
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sman3579
i think they should have the 5th generation of pokemon on wii. pokemon white and black, then 2 years later pokemon gray.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sman3579

THAT"S WHAT I"VE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE, BUT NO ONE LISTENS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martinX3X
what have you been telling everyone
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

they should make 5th gen for wii.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sman3579

they should make 5th gen for wii.

martinX3X
oh that. they should do that becase i think it may attract some people who have a wii and not a ds, or people who have never played pokemon. it would also be cool to finally see every pokemon in 3D, since in BR you only saw about half from in game characters + the ones u have.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

shoryuken_
I completely agree! That would be great. A Pokemon Wii game with the same kind of focus as the handheld ones, only in 3D with better graphics, OMG. :D
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sman3579

shoryuken_
there are only 493 but by the 5th generation there will probably be 600+