Should nintendo start releseing VC game with updated graphics on its VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
Every game on the wii VC is completely the game as the old one, and sometimes things are even left out, (like in contra up up down down left right left right BA start was taken out). Should nintendo start releseing enhansed verions of its VC games with slightly updated graphics and maybe even someonline play. I dout that they wil do that but iam wondering if you will want it.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
God no! I even object to the ethics behind the Pokemon Snap updates.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Every game on the wii VC is completely the game as the old one, and sometimes things are even left out, (like in contra up up down down left right left right BA start was taken out). Should nintendo start releseing enhansed verions of its VC games with slightly updated graphics and maybe even someonline play. I dout that they wil do that but iam wondering if you will want it. EmperorZeruel

That's the point. They're older games people want to play again the way they remember it (or if they missed it when it first came out).

As for taking stuff out, that's too bad, I suppose.

weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

A better question is: Should we pay double for a VC game with more work put into it?

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

No, the point of the VC is to play the old games as they were meant to be played.

I wouldn't object if companies updated some games and released them on WiiWare in the same way they do on XBLA.

-AntiHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -AntiHero-
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
God no! I even object to the ethics behind the Pokemon Snap updates.JAB991
Correct, sir. The sheer thought of tainting these games with flashy new additions sullies the good time fun that these games represent, by that I mean the days of innocence. That is the worst idea since the idea of a kitten cannon. "Every game on the wii VC is completely the game as the old one" You've stated the point behind these games and why they are there.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EmperorZeruel
i guess you dont want online play eather
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
updated graphics wouldnt not be a VC game them changing the game would move it to Wiiware.. Id rather they remake the game entirely so its got new features or keep the game intact adding but adding small things like online play thats just like the original. Speaking of which why has capcom not yet releesed an online enabled Street Fighter 2 remix game.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

i guess you dont want online play eatherEmperorZeruel

Not on virtual console, no. But there's no reason a developer can't realease on updated version of an old game on WiiWare. They do it on XBLA all the time.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
I don't think they should mess with nature. I mean, you don't want your awesome DNA altered, do you?
Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts

Every game on the wii VC is completely the game as the old one, and sometimes things are even left out, (like in contra up up down down left right left right BA start was taken out). Should nintendo start releseing enhansed verions of its VC games with slightly updated graphics and maybe even someonline play. I dout that they wil do that but iam wondering if you will want it. EmperorZeruel
The Konami code wasn't in Contra 3 and was completely different in Super C. It's still in the game.

Oh and changing the games completely defeats the purpose of them being retro in the first place. Even adding online multiplayer would be stupid. Nostalgia is ruined the minute the games start being modified.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

lol...has anyone ever beaten Contra w/o using that code??? I would love to see that

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

I'm OK with it if they update a game and re-release it as Wiiware. Dr Mario is a blast. It has all the fun of the original, some online play, and a new game mode. I have no problem if Nintendo or other developers want to do this with other games. It'd be pretty fun to be able to play many of the old co-op games online with some shiny new graphics.

Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts
They should put an updated Pokemon Snap on Wiiware with less track and more safari.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EmperorZeruel

A better question is: Should we pay double for a VC game with more work put into it?

weazur

streets of rage 2 on xbla has updated graphics online mode and achievements and its actualy cheeper then the VC version

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
NO. Leave the classics alone. I don't mind to see these remakes on wiiware. Dr.Mario is the prefect example. It's a remake and it's online and it's on wiiware.