Should i keep playing on my DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tartardk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tartardk
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

At my school everyone think that the Ds is realy bad and childish. So should i stop playing on it???... I´m not realy sure because i have so many great games that i still play ( exactly 17) And i keep buying them so waht do you think guys?

mariomanxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 mariomanxxx
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

You should keep DS.

virus1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 virus1000
Member since 2009 • 10187 Posts

I dont know why you care what they think. If you like playing it just keep doing it ;)

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

depends on how much you care about looking cool i guess. im in college and i dont care that people know i still play pokemon between classes.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
I'm 28 and play the DS more than my 360 or PS3. Don't guide your actions by what other people think. If you enjoy it, continue to use it.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I say stop playing it if it makes you feel uncool. Don't you want to be cool? But, seriously keep playing it. I'm 24 and I have a Nintendo DS. It has great games on it.
buttslaya617z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 buttslaya617z
Member since 2009 • 233 Posts

Are you playing during school or do they make fun of you for playing it in general? If the first is true, then just play while you're at home or something. There's nothing wrong with playing DS, but it would be better to just play it at home then to do it at school where people who don't understand it will just criticize you for it.

chinygurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chinygurl
Member since 2008 • 623 Posts
If it makes you feel better i think they are just jealous that you have a DS and they don't. But seriously don't stop playing your DS just because other people don't like to play it or say its childish. I used to bring my DS almost everyday when I was a senior in high school. I used to play with the guys around me and they were all football players. They even brought pokemon a couple of times...
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
You can keep your DS.
ratherfeelpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ratherfeelpain
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts
You like the DS, they dont.. I dont see the problem....... This can be used to make you more cool, if anyone messes with, you should know how to fight. Or if you dont like to fight, ignore them. Point Blank, keep enjoying your DS. I get odd looks when I paly Pokemon around other 15 yr olds. butwhy should I care? Keep Trudging my friend. Rather
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

If you care what everyone thinks, then you're not too old to play with the DS, you're too young.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Do you really need approval of those around you?
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

They are wrong. Keep playing your DS. The DS is for ALL ages and is possibly the best console/handheld ever.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#14 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Ok... Then just don't take it to school. If you like it, keep playing it at home

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

Dude, don't be some phony butthole who just tries to impress all the popular kids. When people tell me that I'm lame for playing the DS, I just tell them to eff off. The DS is t1ts.

buttslaya617z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 buttslaya617z
Member since 2009 • 233 Posts

Also, you're in school where you should be talking to people and socializing. Put away the video games and make some friends.

Bear_in_Action

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bear_in_Action
Member since 2009 • 1937 Posts
hmmm... if you're still in highschool, I can understand how you feel, it's a place where everyone tries to be "cool"... but seriously, what's cool? I say DS is freakin' awesome, coolest thing ever, it's their lose that they are missing out! I'm 22, female, and I play my DS all the time, all of my friends, male or female, age ranges from 16~30, own a DS. So why care about those "cool" kids? We're cooler than them ;)
baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baytown91
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

If you really like the games and you get rid of them just because it's not socially excepted by your peers you will regret it later on. I've made this mistake a few times. Just play it at home, and relax; eventually people stop caring.

I should never have sold Pokemon Crystal

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Portable gaming is the one part of the industry that has the most potential. Keep your DS, I am 26 and I love my DS more than my other systems.

tartardk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tartardk

I´m in 7 grade... But thanks everyone :D

Shiafiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shiafiku
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts

I´m in 7 grade... But thanks everyone :D

tartardk
I'm in the 7th grade too, so i know how you feel. Just keep on playing your DS. It doesn't matter what your friends or anybody else says. As long as you enjoy playing it, I don't see why you should stop!
menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 menosdemon
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

at school.. truthfully, i'd say NO.

i think that gaming gives people a bad rep BUT you did already ruin yours (kinda). if you dont care what people think of you, then keep it up

Morello964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Morello964
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

If anyone even looks at you funny while you're playing, get up in their face. Be alpha male and demand respect. If you start doing this in 7th grade you'll be captain of a sports team in no time and then you'll have the whole team playing DS. You could also play at home and learn to socialize, but a real man doesn't need friends. He needs enemies.

Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#24 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

Keep your DS. Dont mind other people. Im 25 and i play my DS and PSP alot whenever i travel. Sometimes i meet other gamers who owns a DS and we share stories and sometimes play each other.

tartardk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tartardk

at school.. truthfully, i'd say NO.

i think that gaming gives people a bad rep BUT you did already ruin yours (kinda). if you dont care what people think of you, then keep it up

menosdemon

I don´t play at school not since 4 grade where everyone stopped playing it... I miss those times sitting gome and playing pokemon with 4 friends ( and you were the only one that had a link cable!) It was when everyone came home to me at my birthsday and someone saw i had one and then alot of them began laughing at me and thats how people found out i had DS!

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
I'm telling you this straight up,if i was you i won't give one crap on what people might think of me owning a DS.Its not like you are carrying to school a barbie doll or something like that,its a normal portable system that you play games on so i want to know whats so wrong with that?.