Should I get a 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fexal
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts

Ok so I love nintendo and I own a wii U and my birthday is coming up (feb. 14th) so I kinda want to get a 3DS with the money I get from my birthday and the majoras mask new 3ds xl is coming out (feb 13 I am a huge zelda fan especially ocarania of time and majoras mask) So I was wondering if It is worth it to get this majoras mask 3ds even though I already own a Wii U and is it weird to get a 3ds if your 17 years old? lol

Games I want to play on 3DS -

Luigis mansion, A link between worlds, Paper mario, ocarnia of time, majoras mask, mario and luigi: dream team, mario 3d land, mario party (possible smash and mario kart but I have those for wii u so probably not)

I also want to try fire emblem, bravely default, and pokemon but I have never played any of the games in these series.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I say yes. I have the Majora's Mask 3DS XL on pre-order (lucked out on that one actually). Doesn't matter if your 17, i'm nearly 27 and already have a 3ds XL and the new one on preorder. Just bought Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Majora's Mask, Luigi Dark moon and paper mario, plus my many games I already own. It's nice because I can let my wife watch TV or something while I play my 3ds. We get to be in the same room but still next to each other.

You are never to old for video games, exceptionally Nintendo. They are the master crafters and their games never get old to me.

EDIT: Also to add, my Bday is is the 21st, so one week later lol. Happy birthday in advance.

Also, Bravely Default and Fire Emblem are worth it alone.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

Yes! The 3DS has a great library of games. Personally I've been really pleased with most of the first party releases. Can't wait for Majora's Mask!

@fexal said:

is it weird to get a 3ds if your 17 years old? lol

I'm 23 and love mine. All my friends back in college liked playing my 3DS, and there were a bunch of other people that had one too. :P

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I believe the Majora's Mask New 3DS sold out hours after pre orders were open. Other than that, yes, the 3DS, any 3DS model, is worth buying.

Also, buying Smash on the 3DS and the Wii U will unlock Mewtwo.

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fexal

@LordQuorthon: Yeah thats part of the reason I would maybe get smash on 3ds and I was just gonna buy the 3DS without preordering it when it isnt sold out and I am gonna keep checking in to see if it is avaliable for preorder again.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Given that you opened by saying that you love Nintendo, then it's an easy yes. A lot of Nintendo's flagship titles are out on 3DS.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

yes you should.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, not at all

Did you also get a VCR once the DVD was standard everywhere?

The 3DS is on it's way out, why get one when it's going to be replaced so soon?

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fexal

@Jaysonguy: I know this was awhile but I am curious how you know its "own it's way out, and going to be replaced so soon?"

Also the 3DS I would get would be "The new 3DS" (majoras mask version) which is the newest model that is coming out febuary 13th.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#10 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

The Majoras Mask Version is all sold out, you wont see it open anymore. The only ones you might be able to buy it is through ebay by paying double or triple the original price

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fexal

@freedom01: Wont you be able to buy it later? or can you only get one if you pre ordered it?

irgregory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By irgregory
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Absolutely! I've been playing the heck out of my brothers. I'm a huge Zelda fan with my fave being Majora's Mask. Any console that has such a lineup should be definitely added to your collection.

HTH

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By freedom01  Moderator

@fexal said:

@freedom01: Wont you be able to buy it later? or can you only get one if you pre ordered it?

maybe, but no one will know if you will be able to get it within that month. Since this is also a limited edition system, we dont know if Nintendo will manufacture more of it also

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fexal

@freedom01: Oh I just figured they were gonna sell a bunch of them later since so many people want them... I could just get the new 3ds but it's not as cool :(

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By freedom01  Moderator

I know how you feel. I, too, am hoping that they might have a second batch, but hearing that many stores had to cancel many of the preorders for the MM edition, most would assume that there might not be a second batch. If you are not in a hurry on getting a N3DS, it would be good to wait and see if they will restock the Majora's Mask Edition or come out with a different edition

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

Lol if you're 17? In about 10 years time, you really won't care about what people think of you.That's just a teenage phase!

(Yes, buy it. It's one of the greatest consoles of all time imo)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Turning 27. 3DS is awesome.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I'm 33. I have a full time job in finance. A beautiful girlfriend and an apartment in brooklyn. I don't watch or play sports. I work out, I stay fit, and I've never had bad luck with the ladies. All that said, I'm a gamer and I'm never ashamed of it. None of those sports nuts are ashamed of watching games every damn sunday. I play my 3DSXL on the subway which is no different than the hundreds who play games on their cell phones.

My gf told me she wasn't into video games. Then I had to remind her that she plays games on her phone all the time. Funny. So never be ashamed of being a gamer and yes the 3DSXL is amazing, get one, get two, get ten.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

No, not at all

2/10 for old, tired-assed, over-used trolling techniques and repetitive, unpopular opinions. lol

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I haven't gotten a 3DS at all, and I've had every Nintendo handheld ever made since the Game Boy. All reviews are pointing to the New 3DS as the way to go, so I'm plunking down the cash to get one of those. At the end of the day, it's really all about the value of the purchases you make that will matter.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

@Zen_Light said:

@Jaysonguy said:

No, not at all

2/10 for old, tired-assed, over-used trolling techniques and repetitive, unpopular opinions. lol

You fail at knowing Nintendo's history, move along

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jaysonguy
@fexal said:

@Jaysonguy: I know this was awhile but I am curious how you know its "own it's way out, and going to be replaced so soon?"

Also the 3DS I would get would be "The new 3DS" (majoras mask version) which is the newest model that is coming out febuary 13th.

Nintendo perfected the DS, called it the DSi, a few months later they released the 3DS

Same thing is happening now.

The 3DS is failing right now, Nintendo is going to have to show off new hardware and from the way the comapny does things it'll be right around the corner.

@Zen_Light said:

@Jaysonguy said:

No, not at all

You fail at knowing Nintendo's history, move along

fexal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fexal

Thanks all tomorrow is my birthday and Today I got the majoras mask 3ds XL I had to wait early in the morning at target but it was worth it :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@fexal said:

Thanks all tomorrow is my birthday and Today I got the majoras mask 3ds XL I had to wait early in the morning at target but it was worth it :)

lucky!

have you tried the 3d on majoras mask

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

@Aquat1cF1sh: I'm 28 gamers come in all sorts of ages. Ice Cube older than dirt and he plays video games. It's not weird being an older gamer it's just a hobby you never grow out of. Better than robbing banks, doing meth, or banging prostitutes with the gift that keeps on giving. Plus, there are perks for being an older gamer. Older relatives depend on your wisdom to lay the smack down on your nephew's over a game of super smash brothers.