Should I call Nintendo or a Ghost Psychic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Ok so here's the story,a friend of mine has the Wii obviously and it works fine, never had any problems with it. Well the other day he tells me that recently his Wii has been turning on mysteriously. He says that he will go to sleep at night and the Wii will be on 24/7 connect(yellow light) but then he will get up in the morning or the middle of the night sometimes and the Wii is powered on. So I am hanging out at his house the past couple of days and during the day the Wii is off, nothing going on with it, but then the last two nights I've gone out to the living room and the Wii is on. I know for sure both nights that the Wii was off and originally when he told me the story, I told he is probably leaving his remote somewhere where the power button gets hit, well now the remotes are sitting on a table with nothing around them, facing straight up and the Wii is suddenly on. So has anyone ever heard of a hardware problem that causes you system to turn on, on its own? Or does Nintendo's new audience go even further then they think ;)

Oh and I assure you this is not a joke on my part and its not a joke by my bud, I seriously have no idea if there is something wrong with the system but I have never heard of a problem like that.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Probably a short in the wiring, making the Wii think the power button's being pushed. Or maybe it's just a family member messing with him.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sepewrath
He lives by himself and its not the wiring because like I said it only happens at night, if it were the wiring it would happen randomly throughout the day and all the other electronics hooked up to the same source perform normally, including a 360.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Is the blue disc tray light coming on?
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
He lives by himself and its not the wiring because like I said it only happens at night, if it were the wiring it would happen randomly throughout the day and all the other electronics hooked up to the same source perform normally, including a 360. Sepewrath
Ok but then why do you assume it's ghost just because it's at night? Ghosts have lives too, they have to sleep sometime after all.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Maybe after y'all are done playing for the night you turn the Wii off and then press the eject button, get distracted, and forget to actually pull the disk out so later on the Wii sucks it back in and turns on? lol Best thing I could come up with. :P
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts
Is the blue disc tray light coming on?wooooode
mine did this the other day, it was off, all day long and the blue disc light came on and stayed on. whats that mean?
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Who you better call? Ghostbusters!
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#9 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Someone has been sneaking into your place to play Wii.

Call the police. :o

M4192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 M4192
Member since 2007 • 688 Posts

Once I found my wii was on and I checked the play history. It had nothing for the day before but 24 hours of Mario Kart on the day. But it was only just afternoon?

tekky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tekky14
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Yeah, that happened to my TV, except it was uncontrollable, so we had to throw it out. it was a short circuit or something...

Anyway, the best answer I could come up with was that one of his neighbours was connecting his wiimote at the same time you were, and now every time he tries to turn his wii on, your friend's goes on. the same thing happens happens rarely with people who are using a universal remote: they link it to they're TV, not knowing that they're neighbours have the same TV code, so anytime they do something on their remote, it affects both TVs.

unlikely, but it was the best I could come up with. To make sure it isn't this, just reconnect your controllers again.

EDIT: Or it could just be a glitch concerning Wiiconnect24 (I don't know much about the technicality of the Wii, so if i'm way off, don't flame me). Try turning the connection off.

If it's not one of those two things, then there's something strange in the neighbourhood... who you gonna call?

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

[QUOTE="wooooode"]Is the blue disc tray light coming on?gearsofhalogeek
mine did this the other day, it was off, all day long and the blue disc light came on and stayed on. whats that mean?

It means you have a message.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]He lives by himself and its not the wiring because like I said it only happens at night, if it were the wiring it would happen randomly throughout the day and all the other electronics hooked up to the same source perform normally, including a 360. achilles614
Ok but then why do you assume it's ghost just because it's at night? Ghosts have lives too, they have to sleep sometime after all.

lol I was only kidding about the Ghost thing, my only concern is if really if anyone has ever experience a problem with the system turning on, I have searched the web and found nothing of the sort, so I thought I would try here, and make a joke at the same time, I'm a scientist.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

unplug it at night. Simple.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it turns on as in "green light, i turn the TV and the channels are there" or as in "CD drive flashing blue"? in the case of the first, call a psychic. in the case of the second, download the new update already :P
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

This happened to my TV. I figured out later on that the batteries for my TV remote were short circuiting causing the remote to turn on the TV. Just try changing the batteries on the wiimote.

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

maybe his neighbour has a wii. And when he starts it with his wii-controller it starts your friends instead :P. Or it is even possible to start it with the controller :D ? (Don't have a wii)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
umm a haunted wii i don't think nintendo can help with ghosts but i guess it wouldn't hurt, i don't think a church would believe you, maybe him owning ghostbusters game will do it
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

This happened to my TV. I figured out later on that the batteries for my TV remote were short circuiting causing the remote to turn on the TV. Just try changing the batteries on the wiimote.

painguy1
that's an awesome way to scare your friends :D :twisted: :D
rafasosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rafasosa
Member since 2007 • 22835 Posts

Perhpas it is a campaing of Nintendo to advertise the new Ghostbusters game :lol: Now more seriously check the controller batteries...and if that doesn't work try the unplugging it.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

BrunoBRS

hehehe that gives me an idea

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="painguy1"]

painguy1

hehehe that gives me an idea

share with me :twisted:
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 painguy1

ok. well it requires some skill with wiring, but if i have the time. maybe i will make a circuit board and connect all my electronics power cords to it, and have a small IR remote that activates the board, and turns everything on at once. But it most likely work on my friends that are girls so id rather not pisse them off. lol. nm i failed EPICALLY!!!!! :(

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

ok. well it requires some skill with wiring, but if i have the time. maybe i will make a circuit board and connect all my electronics power cords to it, and have a small IR remote that activates the board, and turns everything on at once. But it most likely work on my friends that are girls so id rather not pisse them off. lol. nm i failed EPICALLY!!!!! :(

painguy1
by "i failed epically", should i get "i broke everything and have to buy new electronics now"? :P
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I would call Nintendo, does it turn off when it is on to?
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I've heard Bill Murray can deal with these kind of things, but I haven't heard about him since the movie "Garfield" and it was awhile before that.

You'll prolly have better luck with Dan Akroid

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

I've heard Bill Murray can deal with these kind of things, but I haven't heard about him since the movie "Garfield" and it was awhile before that.

You'll prolly have better luck with Dan Akroid

Its Akroyd lol, yeah we made all the Ghostbuster jokes and all but I don't know what the problem was but it hasn't done it the last two nights so, we just came to the conclusion of who cares. as long as the system works. I appreciate all the advice though some of it was funnier than others.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

BrunoBRS

by "i failed epically", should i get "i broke everything and have to buy new electronics now"? :P

lol no. the idea was just an epic fail.