Should I buy a WiiU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Serious question. Serious answers only please. I have a xbone preordered and paid for. Pretty much 600 bucks already invested in xbone. However, I must say, I'm not excited. Something about these next gen systems are turning me off. But the more I see and play of WiiU, the more I'm loving it. Should I ask for my money back and pick up a WiiU and some games? Now I'm not saying I will never buy a xbone or ps4 but just not right now. Theres nothing at launch I HAVE to play. Also, yes I'm crazy. I will buy and play multiplats on the system. I know third party support isn't all that great but I believe it will be ok in the long run.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It sounds like you'll have more fun with the WiiU for at least a year, so why not?

Man1cmanMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Man1cmanMario
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
  • If you are a fan of Monster Hunter, then I can HANDS-DOWN say yes. Tri Ultimate on the Wii U pretty much guarantees thousands of hours of playtime because of its online feature (something the 3DS version doesn't have; I own both versions, and both are good). If you're not a fan of Monster Hunter but are interested, this should explain a pretty fair amount of what the game is about, right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNA-ocsiMw and there's also this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lsRPv-IxZs Contrary to popular belief, however, there's SOOO much more you can do in this game than just hunting! And single-player IS required to play through, if you don't want to have to worry about constantly running low on certain items like Honey, Blue Mushrooms, and Godbugs. I guess my main point here is that thousands of hours of fun should be WAY more than worth the price of the system, so if you're a fan of this kind of thing then get it just based on this game, alone!

On top of that, though, of course the Wii U also has Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, the Wonderful 101 (which I hear can actually be quite challenging),the up-coming Smash Bros. (Now with Mario, Link, Sonic, AND Mega Man!), the Wii U-exclusives Bayonetta 2 and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, and more!

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the330and419

Thanks for the responses guys. All good input.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

get a wiiU...

then next year after titanfall comes out..if people say it good then get the xone

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

I say get the wii u now and sit back on the xbox. Let's be real, how many consoles are worth getting at launch? Other than the dreamcast I can't remember a console that's launch lineup is so great that it makes me want the system day one. Plus there are often problems with the first batch of consoles (RROD anybody) that takes a while to get ironed out. The xbox isn't going anywhere. Get it in a year or so when the good games are starting to roll out. I've never bought a console at launch. Sometimes I wait a couple months, sometimes a couple yrs. but that's me

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the330and419

@sixringz1: like I said, there's nothing on the Xbox I have to play right now. I'm just buying into the hype. I'm leaning towards waiting till Titanfall comes out and getting one then. The wiiu lineup looks too good to pass up.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

IMO, unless you are a huge Nintendo fan, wait until next year for Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Zelda.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I'd say now is a perfect time to get one. The fall line up is a lot stronger than what you'll find elsewhere this fall, plus you like what you've played of it. The investment is less than the other two as well.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Honestly, I'd say go Wii U this holiday, and wait next season for One. That way the One will have more games. Whereas the Wii U by Christmas will have a decent library for you to play (and some good 2014 titles incoming too: Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros.). This should tide you over until the One gets a decent library.

The difficult part is that a new console launch is always exciting, so missing the One on launch might be tough.

Also, with respect to your third party support comment: It gets some of the big names. Such as Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, CoD, Batman, Darksiders 2, Tekken etc. So you might not miss too much. Also, the core game experience from these games are still there - so I doubt you'll be missing much.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the330and419

Thanks guys for the serious answers. My decision has been made. Time to buy a wiiu! One more question though. Does anybody think there will be either crazy black Friday deals on wiiu or any special colors coming soon?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

@the330and419 said:

Thanks guys for the serious answers. My decision has been made. Time to buy a wiiu! One more question though. Does anybody think there will be either crazy black Friday deals on wiiu or any special colors coming soon?

There might be a few deals on games during Black Friday. In terms of colours, there's rumours of Cherry and Mango coloured Wii U's from a Toys R Us listing in France.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the330and419

@Haziqonfire: yeah I seen the rumor of Cherry and Mango on GAF. Just wondering if that was confirmed. I'm fine with the black wiiu though.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Worst time to get one

The Wii U is in trouble and this holiday is looking to be very weak. They're going to have to do something going forward.

If you buy one you're paying the highest possible price for the least amount of games available.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Worst time to get one

The Wii U is in trouble and this holiday is looking to be very weak. They're going to have to do something going forward.

If you buy one you're paying the highest possible price for the least amount of games available.

But seriously,

it's the perfect time to get one. There won't be a price drop again for at LEAST a year, and there are games worth getting atm and while you play those more games will roll out one after another. I just got the WW HD bundle and am waiting for Sonic lost world, but in the meantime WW HD is a massive game. Mario 3D world will be out before you know it too.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd

@Chozofication said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Worst time to get one

But seriously,

it's the perfect time to get one. There won't be a price drop again for at LEAST a year, and there are games worth getting atm and while you play those more games will roll out one after another. I just got the WW HD bundle and am waiting for Sonic lost world, but in the meantime WW HD is a massive game. Mario 3D world will be out before you know it too.

mmm that sonic goodness

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the330and419

@Jaysonguy: I honestly think you're just trying to bash the wiiu. But if you're not, thanks for the reply but I disagree. The wiiu lineup looks great and its one of the reasons why I'm interested.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

C.Y.A is what I did a few months ago by pre-ordering one of the next gen systems. I didn't want to wait until the threshold was passed (much like the Wii) and end up being outside looking in. As I give it consideration though I don't have one title that I must play because the near future has me still playing the 360 and Nintendo looks to be have a great Christmas Season. I might just unload my P.O. to someone who wants it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@Chozofication said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Worst time to get one

But seriously,

mmm that sonic goodness

Platforming perfection and gorgeous visuals, Sonic lost world may be a classic.

My most hyped Wii U game easily.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

i preordered a ps4 when it was announced but after a few weeks i realised that there will be only two games at launch i'll be interested in. and even those aren't that interesting. i decided to cancel my preorder and wait until there are more great games coming out.

instead, i got a wii u and had a blast so far. new super mario bros., wind waker hd (!), pikmin 3, the wonderful 101and rayman legends are all amazing. i'm no fan of the tablet-controller at all but fortunately, only rayman legends forced me to use it so far.

more great 1st party titles are going to come and if you're a shooter fan like me, there are some great titles as well: cod ghosts, deus ex and splinter cell

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the330and419

@b4il: thanks for the reply. I'm definitely getting a wiiu. It looks awesome. I'm also looking forward to trying call of duty on it. I want to try the alternate control schemes

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KBFloYd

@the330and419 said:

@b4il: thanks for the reply. I'm definitely getting a wiiu. It looks awesome. I'm also looking forward to trying call of duty on it. I want to try the alternate control schemes

on call of duty...

if you start with cod ghosts and you feel you are super terrible....then before you quit COD...try COD black ops 2...

its my experience that sometimes people that are good at infinity ward games are not good at treyarch games...i think it has something to do with your internet ip or something..

anyway dont give up try both wiiU COD's before throwing the towel :)..oh and i play with the wiimote only btw.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#24 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Cancel your preorder and get the WiiU since you're actually enjoying it. It isn't as if anything will stop you from getting an Xbox later once you see some of the games you want release for it. You may even be able to get it for a better price if you're fortunate.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

Getting the Zelda bundle is a good value at $300. I definitely recommend the Wii U, it's a unique system and has some awesome games on it.