Should i buy a DSor gameboy micro?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaxeryo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaxeryo
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

I know there;s many topics like this already, but here i am!

i am enjoying playing FFT on my psp. i did own a ds till it broke, and sold all my games =(. so, i was thinking that i'd buy a gameboy micro, for 2 reasons:

its cheap (the system and the games), and its extremely portable.

or should i buy the ds, which is liike twice as expenseive, but plays ds games. Also its like twice as big, and half as portable.

so should i buy a DS or a gameboy micro? (does anyone know if gamestop is stil selling these?)

thanks!

canary7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 canary7
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
Get the micro. And wait it out for the dsi coming sometime this year.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
just get the DSi when it comes out. The DSi is suppose to better than the DS and Its hard to find GBA/GBC games anymore to play it on the micro
dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

get both.. and then get a dsi.

i'll tell you what though. regardless of your decision, the gameboy micro is lovely. gamestop does sell them, and if you can find one in good shape. it's 35 bucks w/ a charger, which is not a bad deal in my opinion. i found myself a practically brand new grey face-plated one (because i wanted the black body), and i ordered the black faceplate from NoA to make it a sleek black/black.

the thing is smaller than a friggin cell phone. you can take it anywhere for a quick fix, as the ds is much bulkier to carry around. i think it's a fantastic investment.

unfortunately, mine's going for sale, along with all the gba games i have with it. it seems that the ps3 has overtaken my gaming obsession for the time being.

i'm pitching cause you're considering. it's worth it.

the one downside is that the screen is rather small, compared to the ds lite / gba sp screens. but that's the sacrifice you make for ultra portability.

cheers, and good luck

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

i'll tell you what though. regardless of your decision, the gameboy micro is lovely. gamestop does sell them, and if you can find one in good shape. it's 35 bucks w/ a charger, which is not a bad deal in my opinion. i found myself a practically brand new grey face-plated one (because i wanted the black body), and i ordered the black faceplate from NoA to make it a sleek black/black.

the thing is smaller than a friggin cell phone. you can take it anywhere for a quick fix, as the ds is much bulkier to carry around. i think it's a fantastic investment.

unfortunately, mine's going for sale, along with all the gba games i have with it. it seems that the ps3 has overtaken my gaming obsession for the time being.

the one downside is that the screen is rather small, compared to the ds lite / gba sp screens. but that's the sacrifice you make for ultra portability.

cheers, and good luck

dr_doongy
I approve of this opinion :D Gameboy Micros are sooo small, they're nice to carry around when you don't want to put a bulging DS Lite in your pocket.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="dr_doongy"]

cheers, and good luck

podliver
I approve of this opinion :D Gameboy Micros are sooo small, they're nice to carry around when you don't want to put a bulging DS Lite in your pocket.

I was told the micro's screen is smaller, but the graphics and pixels are very crisp on it.
canary7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 canary7
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
[QUOTE="podliver"][QUOTE="dr_doongy"]

cheers, and good luck

hydralisk86

I was told the micro's screen is smaller, but the graphics and pixels are very crisp on it.

True...so i've heard.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

If you already have a big GBA library built up, get a micro... but honestly I wouldn't pay the rape prices for most pre-owned GBA carts (if you can find anything worth playing as most of the quality or collector's titles have been snatched up already)... if playing GBA carts is important, DON'T wait for a DSi as it will not have the facility to play GBA carts, which is why I will never sell my DS Lite. Gotta have my "DOOM", "DOOM II", & "Wolfenstein 3D" which currently are only available in a portable as GBA carts. Micros might be cheap, but getting the good games for it won't be. And eventually, you're going to want a DS no matter what the configuration, so my advice would be to get a DS Lite now while you still can... then you can play a few GBA carts you might have or come across in a garage sale with a nice clear, well-lit screen just like a micro...

And if the DS makes a bulge in your pocket, your pants are way too tight. Peas out.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="jaxeryo"]

I know there;s many topics like this already, but here i am!

i am enjoying playing FFT on my psp. i did own a ds till it broke, and sold all my games =(. so, i was thinking that i'd buy a gameboy micro, for 2 reasons:

its cheap (the system and the games), and its extremely portable.

or should i buy the ds, which is liike twice as expenseive, but plays ds games. Also its like twice as big, and half as portable.

so should i buy a DS or a gameboy micro? (does anyone know if gamestop is stil selling these?)

thanks!

Get a DS they are alot better then alittle Gameboy Micro.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

If you already have a big GBA library built up, get a micro... but honestly I wouldn't pay the rape prices for most pre-owned GBA carts (if you can find anything worth playing as most of the quality or collector's titles have been snatched up already)... if playing GBA carts is important, DON'T wait for a DSi as it will not have the facility to play GBA carts, which is why I will never sell my DS Lite. Gotta have my "DOOM", "DOOM II", & "Wolfenstein 3D" which currently are only available in a portable as GBA carts. Micros might be cheap, but getting the good games for it won't be. And eventually, you're going to want a DS no matter what the configuration, so my advice would be to get a DS Lite now while you still can... then you can play a few GBA carts you might have or come across in a garage sale with a nice clear, well-lit screen just like a micro...

And if the DS makes a bulge in your pocket, your pants are way too tight. Peas out.

ston3henge
My pants are actually very loose. The DS still leaves a big bulge in it when I sit down and it weighs me down by like 10 pounds (exaggeration) when I walk around thus making my pants fall down sometimes. :(
MenceMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MenceMaster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I would say DS all the way, because the Micro is GBA only, not both GBA and DS. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts
DS so you can play both libraries.
kitkat10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kitkat10
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

get th ds

screemer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 screemer11
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
Keep waiting for the DSi. In the meanwhile, buy a GameBoy Advance SP. They're cheep and work really well. I've heard people say the screen is too small on the micro and the sp's is very big. Get the sp now, get the DSi later.
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
get the micro then wait for the dsi next year.
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts

I HAVE A MICRO!! and i love it :D

don't listen to people who always complain about the micro. most of them haven't even touched a micro and just call the micro crap because it was a financial failure and it just seemed to have a bad first impression, myself included (i mean, why make the micro, what was wrong with the existing sp). but after a while i saw a micro for super cheap in a shop i just had to buy it. and it was great. super small and compact. and a fantastic gba games library.

since its so dirt cheap. just get the micro. its got so many lengthy and darn good rpgs it'll likely keep you entertained for well over a year. so just get the micro and hold out till the dsi comes out, which is better but happens to lack a gba slot so the micro won't be redundant.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
If you like the games on the Micro go for it. I got a Micro because of its portability and very nice screen but I really cannot stand the games on it- the 16 bit era was easily my least favorite era of gaming (I started with the NES). I really like the games on the DS though but like you said it is not something you can just stuff in your pocket and go- its too heavy, large, and fragile.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
get the micro then wait for the dsi next year.FILIPINOMAZTER
Yes this is the best advice imo as well. The micro is an amazing little system.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="FILIPINOMAZTER"]get the micro then wait for the dsi next year.Bigboi500
Yes this is the best advice imo as well. The micro is an amazing little system.

I agree. The micro has a large library, and it should keep you happy til the dsi comes out. I have a micro as well. If you wait til the dsi comes out, you get everything-a better ds, plus your micro to play the gba games you want.
katie_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 katie_tm
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
hi i see a lot of people recommending the micro.... is the micro a lot better than the GBA SP?