should fps/tps fans forget wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rusty_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rusty_duck
Member since 2004 • 763 Posts
it seems very unimpressive. graphics, controls, multiplayer. all bad imo. why do consoles come out and it seems nothing is ready. im not just talking about wii, same goes for 360 and ps3 releases.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
I'd say that there hasn't been enough time to determine that yet.
Do you remember playing your first dual-analogue FPS?  I do....  It was hard as nails.  Now it's second nature.  I think after enough time, the wiimote can be more second nature than dual analogue.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

No, there should be some good shooters coming in at some point.  It's just at this point, developers are just putting out half assed ports because they didn't expect the Wii to do so well.  Give it some time, the Wii with it's controller seems like it would be the perfect home for shooters.  I mean, it's only been a few month since the Wii came out, why expect so much from it this early?

Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
short answer, no. long answer, i think the wii will be the best console for FPSs, and TPS is a fancy name for an action game with guns, and the wii does action nicely so far.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#5 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Right now the answer is yes.  Until there is a game that proves Wii is the best, or even a good console for FPS/TPS, then fans of this genre should get a 360, PS3, or better yet a PC.
xxGnarKillxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxGnarKillxx
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts
resident evil 4.
ponci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ponci
Member since 2004 • 220 Posts
RE: Umbrella Chronicles, watch the Teaser at IGN
p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
yep RE4,RE:umbrella code Splintercell (just ok) Far cay (disappoint graphic control is fun) another game comingsoon for FPS because Wii is coming out for only 4 month why don't you play the good RPG gam like zelda.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
If you only want to play FPS on a console, I think you should quit gaming or buy a new PC. I begin to seriously think that shooters are becoming overrated.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Anyone who's played Elebits (Eledees) knows that the Wii can do first person shooters
rustyshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rustyshark
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
i guess im the only one who enjoys the FPS's on Wii. I Love Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Red Steel, and Far Cry is ok to. Ive played them on regular consoles before and I just havent been able to get into them. Now they are great to me
nomah74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nomah74
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts
COD3 and Elebits (I haven't played any others, yet) show that the Wii can handle FPS.  It takes some getting used to but no more so than the time spent learning to use a mouse and keyboard.  As for TPS Godfather's control scheme has got to be considered the standard.  Personally I'm really disappointed that Spider Man3 and Scarface aren't borrowing from that setup.  As for the graphics side of things that will come with time. 
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

If you only want to play FPS on a console, I think you should quit gaming or buy a new PC. I begin to seriously think that shooters are becoming overrated. chris3116

Same here

bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts

The Wii came out last November. Um, No! The Wii is still in diapers people! Just give developers some time to figure things out.