sega and nintendo together a good thing...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

well mario and sonic at the olympics sounded kool but now that sonic has entered brawl how do you feel about sega and nintendo working together?

I say the more the merrier

slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
Of course it's a good thing! the more characters the better!!
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
i think segs should just merge into nintendo. they arn't doing to good
Zel-duh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Zel-duh
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
Sega is doing really bad , and i think their trying all they can to get back on track. Take Mario and Sonic olympics for example, once again sonic with mario.... similar to sonic in super smash brawl isnt it? Is it a desperate attempt?? Who knows
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
I remember the old days when the Sega's Sonic and Nintendo's Mario were enemies. How times have changed; now they're being put in two games together. I was just thinking the other day how it would be cool if sonic were to join brawl. Now all they need is Capcom's Megaman or Ryu from Street Fighter.
dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

Sega is doing really bad , and i think their trying all they can to get back on track. Take Mario and Sonic olympics for example, once again sonic with mario.... similar to sonic in super smash brawl isnt it? Is it a desperate attempt?? Who knowsZel-duh

honestly who cares im freakin down with nintendo and sega 2gether

Zel-duh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Zel-duh
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

honestly who cares im freakin down with nintendo and sega 2gether

dese1

Oh well everyone has their own opinion :P lol

gibbon1618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gibbon1618
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts

I remember the old days when the Sega's Sonic and Nintendo's Mario were enemies. How times have changed; now they're being put in two games together. I was just thinking the other day how it would be cool if sonic were to join brawl. Now all they need is Capcom's Megaman or Ryu from Street Fighter.slimdave21

In a way sonic and mario are still enemies as they battle it out in brawl and compete against each other in the olympics. But in a corporate sense I agree it's not the same...

jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts

Mega Man would make an already awesome game more great. Maybe have a charactor from every major 3rd party company, say, Capcom - Megaman

Sega - Sonic

Konami - Snake

maybe a Square Enix?

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
I still dont think sonic really has the right to be in Brawl. but this leaves me with the question of what other characters their gonna throw in their. Since Sonic's in their, hell any one could be in their now. Sega has been doing quite poorly, but eh if sonic & Mario olympics and Brawl this dont work, then sonics basicly gonna have to say goodbye.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I dunno. I remember back in the day when if you even suggested this back in say 1994, you would prolly be laughed at. I am happy Sonic is in Brawl though, him and snake are prolly going to be my go-to guys!
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

Mega Man would make an already awesome game more great. Maybe have a charactor from every major 3rd party company, say, Capcom - Megaman

Sega - Sonic

Konami - Snake

maybe a Square Enix?

jsrock_on54

Square Enix - Sora! He would fit in well.

Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

Sega is doing really bad , and i think their trying all they can to get back on track. Take Mario and Sonic olympics for example, once again sonic with mario.... similar to sonic in super smash brawl isnt it? Is it a desperate attempt?? Who knowsZel-duh

I say SEGA throwing Sonic around in franchises that aren't Sonic games is a desperate attempt to make Sonic appear in good games. The only problem with this is the best current generation games with Sonic in them are games that SEGA doesn't make. Sonic needs his own games that are good so he can survive as the icon he used to be.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

[QUOTE="Zel-duh"]Sega is doing really bad , and i think their trying all they can to get back on track. Take Mario and Sonic olympics for example, once again sonic with mario.... similar to sonic in super smash brawl isnt it? Is it a desperate attempt?? Who knowsCowmanik

I say SEGA throwing Sonic around in franchises that aren't Sonic games is a desperate attempt to make Sonic appear in good games. The only problem with this is the best current generation games with Sonic in them are games that SEGA doesn't make. Sonic needs his own games that are good so he can survive as the icon he used to be.

Well Sega is making the onlympic game

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
I remember the old days when the Sega's Sonic and Nintendo's Mario were enemies. How times have changed; now they're being put in two games together. I was just thinking the other day how it would be cool if sonic were to join brawl. Now all they need is Capcom's Megaman or Ryu from Street Fighter.slimdave21
Ohh I love the idea of Ryu being in brawl!!
phamhienp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 phamhienp
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

Maybe where americans are looking at, yeah Sega isn't doing so well. In Japan though their niche is arcade games and they are dominating that market. One huge example is Love and Berry. I believe about 100 000 000 cards have been printed (100 yen a game) and the DS version drew about 1 million preorders, and this is one game alone. They also released Mushi King which has about the same numbers.

Of course it wasn't always like this. They had to take a few steps backwards to go on ahead financially.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
in 2 years i see nintendo purchasing sega look at all the sega games the most of them come out on nintendo whether there good or bad.
ciaran22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ciaran22
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
why dont Sega just release Shenmue 3 on Wii and be done with it.
Avatar image for DevilInside2905
DevilInside2905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DevilInside2905
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
I really don't like to think that Sega en Nintendo would be teaming up... When I think of Sega, I think of poor quality and the old days. To me, they're so much behind on the rest. I just don't look to them as a "real" game company anymore.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Sega is doing really bad Zel-duh

No they're not and haven't for some time now.

Since the Wii came out with Sonic and the Sacred Rings and his two great games on the DS Sonic is back. Monkey Ball was another strong title on the Wii and the Virtual Console makes them money hand over fist with almost zero overhead.

It's been almost 2 years since Sega has been on hard times

Superlink911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Superlink911
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think its like a dream come true we have waitin for years and finally they both come together both games will be great ecspecially SSBB
Cancer8u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cancer8u
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

Yeah its a good thing with Nintendo pairing up with other people it could be awsome....after all i vote that Nintendo goes and parnters up with Bungie then maybe we get some halo on the wii.....(fyi: bungie no longer buddies with Microsoft that why i say this...)

chrono_wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chrono_wind
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts

I suppose people base Sega's success on Sonic Team's games. Of course, a majority of their gold has turned into ash somehow. Perhaps key people leaving were the main factors? Prrrobably. Sonic for PS3 and XB360 were horrible, Phantasy Star is going down, Shining Force became a Diablo Clone. (The only exception is Sonic for the DS.)

Though, we can all have faith in Treasure.

martingm1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 martingm1983
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

[QUOTE="Zel-duh"]Sega is doing really bad , and i think their trying all they can to get back on track. Take Mario and Sonic olympics for example, once again sonic with mario.... similar to sonic in super smash brawl isnt it? Is it a desperate attempt?? Who knowsCowmanik

Agreed, kinda. I don't think their desperate, I just think they don't need to worry about as much, hence they just make average games. Their market value doesn't rely on hardware anymore either.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
down with nintendo? yeah.. u can jump over to the x box forums now. goodbye
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

down with nintendo? yeah.. u can jump over to the x box forums now. goodbyemrjam0

umm, who said that? quotes are good, especially if you're gonna come down on someone like that...

As far as my opinion on the topic goes, Jasonguy and phamhienp got it right when they said SEGA has been doing quite well the past few years and that most people tend to base their opnion of whether or not SEGA is doing well on the Sonic franchise alone. Sonic 2006 and Shadow the Hedgehog did leave a bad taste in people's mouths but SatSR was a good game and almost all the new handheld sonic games have been great.

SEGA has other well known IPs that they're making money from. Virtua Fighter(not a nintendo title persey), NiGHTS is coming december, Monkey ball and all the genesis games in the VC that they've got to be getting at least SOME revenue from.

SEGA's okay. They may not have a console, there may have been a few cruddy sonic titles, but overall, SEGA's okay and it's my belief that the Wii is the new SEGA console in spirit due to the amount of support it's getting from SEGA.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
SEGA is not in need of saving. They are still one of the better publishers in the industry. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better list than this.

All of these are current-generation games:

Rome: Total War Gold Edition-93.1%
Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms-90%
Total War: Eras Edition-88%
Medieval 2: Total War-88%
Virtua Fighter 5-87.3%
Worldwide Soccer Manager 200786.1%
Sonic Rush-83.1%
Crush-83.1%
Sega Genesis Collection-83%
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast-83%
Rome: Total War Barbarian Edition83%
Condemned: Criminal Origins-82.4%
SEGA Rally Revo-81%
Virtua Tennis 3-80.4%
Sonic Rush Adventure-80%
Rome: Total War Alexander Edition77.4%
Feel the Magic: XY/XX-77%
After Burner: Black Falcon-74%
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz-73%
Crazy Taxi Fare Wars-72.4%
Chromehounds-71.2%
Full Auto71.2%
The Rub Rabbits-71.1%
Sonic and the Secret Rings-71%

All of the PC games listed came out after the launch of the 360.

(if some of the average scores have changed, it is because this research was done a while ago. All averages are as of September 6)

Now, I wonder if that will be enough to shut up the SEGA haters...

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
if the sega saturn or the 32x had never been released, they wouldnt be in the predicement they are in now, and they would most likely still be in the console wars (they may have had good games, but the systems just killed them)
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SmashBrosLegend
if the sega saturn or the 32x had never been released, they wouldnt be in the predicement they are in now, and they would most likely still be in the console wars (they may have had good games, but the systems just killed them)garrett_duffman

Educate yourself, please.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25785154&union_id=12198
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25883202&union_id=12198

Read all of those two topics, and see why SEGA really went out as a console manufacturer.

If it weren't for the Saturn, the Dreamcast would never have existed. In fact, the Dreamcast lost a hell of a lot more than the Saturn did.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]if the sega saturn or the 32x had never been released, they wouldnt be in the predicement they are in now, and they would most likely still be in the console wars (they may have had good games, but the systems just killed them)SmashBrosLegend

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25785154&union_id=12198
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25883202&union_id=12198

Read all of those two topics, and see why SEGA really went out as a console manufacturer.

If it weren't for the Saturn, the Dreamcast would never have existed. In fact, the Dreamcast lost a hell of a lot more than the Saturn did.

soooo.... no 32x and the saturn should have had more? i thought the dreamcast did fairly well for the few years it was out...

SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SmashBrosLegend

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]if the sega saturn or the 32x had never been released, they wouldnt be in the predicement they are in now, and they would most likely still be in the console wars (they may have had good games, but the systems just killed them)garrett_duffman

soooo.... no 32x and the saturn should have had more? i thought the dreamcast did fairly well for the few years it was out...

If the Dreamcast had done well, it would have lasted far more than a few years. I absolutely love the system, but it was a commercial failure. The alot of its sales came after the hardware was discontinued, and it only really spent about a year alive on all three markets at once.
Solidfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Solidfox1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The reason Sega is doing this is because Sonic is going downhill... Fast! Thats why all this Nintendo and Sega stuff is happening. I think itsa good thing, Sonic needs a boost... A big boost to be good again, and Nintendo is giving him that boost