Scribblenauts, Mario & Luigi come out same day

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

well, M&L:BIS comes out September 14th, Scribblenauts the 15th

And the 15th is my 22nd Birthday. That will be one awesome day/

Who's picking up them? I know i'm picking up both same day

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

well, M&L:BIS comes out September 14th, Scribblenauts the 15th

And the 15th is my 22nd Birthday. That will be one awesome day/

Who's picking up them? I know i'm picking up both same day

darth-pyschosis

Im done with M&L, it stopped being good after SuperStar Saga. Ill gladly get Scribblenauts though.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I will definitely get them both day one.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Mario & Luigi will sell for it's launch price for quite a while

Scribblenauts will sell poorly and be half price in a few months

It's better to buy M&L at launch since that wont drop and then wait to get Scribblenuts for a few months and then pick it up for half price

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I couldn't really get into Mario & Luigi RPG's...

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

Scribblenauts will be a day 1 purchase for SURE.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darth-pyschosis

Mario & Luigi will sell for it's launch price for quite a while

It's better to buy M&L at launch since that wont drop and then wait to get Scribblenuts for a few months and then pick it up for half price

Jaysonguy

Good point. But its $29.99, i see it maybe dropping to $19.99 (i don't buy used)

so i think i will buy it day one just to support 5TH cell as much as can, day one but your reasons for picking it up later are great

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

I'm personally going to preorder Scribblenauts and just pick M&L whenever I get around to it... still waiting for my M&L 2 to come in the mail, so I'm in no rush to get the 3rd, and probably won't be when it's released.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I'm getting Scribblenauts and wait for M&L.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

I already have Scribblenauts pre-ordered and haven't finished Superstar Saga yet. Scribblenauts gets my purchase.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I'm not getting either one on Day 1, Scribblenauts might be bought some time though.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

awssk8er716

I only played the first one for less than 10 minutes and I didn't get the hype either....

Now Super Mario RPG on the other hand...

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Taylor_B
Member since 2009 • 905 Posts

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

darksongbird

I only played the first one for less than 10 minutes and I didn't get the hype either....

...ten minutes isn't long enough to get the feel for a game. I'm not going to get any more games for quite some time. I'll definitely get Mario and Luigi eventually, but I'm not sure about Scribblenauts. It doesn't seem that great to me.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

darksongbird

:O They are one of my favourite rpg series. So you didn't like Paper Mario either? :O Partners in Time wasn't as good as superstar saga, but it was still great. Im having fun with mario RPG right now though.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#15 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
Gamestop has Nostalgia and Bleach: 3rd Phantom listed for that week as well, with Kingdom Hearts coming out two weeks later. Assuming nothing changes, thats 5 games for me within 2 weeks that I really want.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#16 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Definitely M&L (most likely going to preorder it). And I've already preordered KH, so I'm probably not going to get Scribblenauts for a little while. (I also want to save for a PSP and Dissidia: Final Fantasy)

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Im getting scribblenauts, but not day one. And im not really a fan of the M&L series, so yea, scribblenauts

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Scribblenauts look like it has alot of offer up but i enjoyed playing Mario and &Luigi:partners in time so i'm going to get mario & Luigi:Bowser's inside story as soon as it hit Gamestop.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm getting Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story and Nostalgia for my Birthday. Hopefully I know I could get one of them for my Birthday if I get both one of them will be bought with my own money.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Sweet! My 16th birthday is about three weeks before that, so I will be able to drive to (insert game store name here) after school and use birthday money to buy both. I loved Partners in Time, so I am hoping this one will be even better (you can be Bowser, how can it not be).

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I'm definitely going to be checking out both of them after I get a DSLite to play them on. :P But Scribblenauts will be first. It's such an interesting idea, and I'm dying to see if it lives up to my expectations. Mario & Luigi seems like it will be a lot of fun, and it's definitely a must-buy, just not quite on the same level as Scribblenauts is for me. Hell, I might actually end up liking M&L more, it's just that the simple but great idea behind Scribblenauts pushes it ahead in terms of anticipation.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'll get Mario & Luigi, my sister will get scribblenauts and I'll play off her cartridge.
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

Jaysonguy
And why is that?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

freakbabyblues

And why is that?

Games like that don't sell well on the DS

People are going to identify it as a Drawn to Life game, Drawn to Life had sales that were ok but the price went down quickly.

It wasn't until Drawn to Life hooked up with Spongebob where it started to sell well at it's launch price.
The Spongebob version has sold more over less time with a higher price then the original at it's reduced price.

I see the same thing for Scribblenauts

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"] And why is that?freakbabyblues

People are going to identify it as a Drawn to Life game, Drawn to Life had sales that were ok but the price went down quickly.

It wasn't until Drawn to Life hooked up with Spongebob where it started to sell well at it's launch price.
The Spongebob version has sold more over less time with a higher price then the original at it's reduced price.

facepalm coz DTL SB sold more than DTL or because of Jaysons statement? He has a point. But if its a facepalm because you didn't like Jaysonguys way of saying what he said then please, just leave it alone. it will never end, and furthermore this is not what the thread is about, it is about which games on Sept 15th you guys are picking up

i'd consider anything else off topic

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freakbabyblues

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

darth-pyschosis

facepalm coz DTL SB sold more than DTL or because of Jaysons statement? He has a point. But if its a facepalm because you didn't like Jaysonguys way of saying what he said then please, just leave it alone. it will never end, and furthermore this is not what the thread is about, it is about which games on Sept 15th you guys are picking up

Naw, there are plenty other reasons... Anyway, I was going leave it alone, ergo why I didn't type anything in response. On topic: I will be picking up Scribblenauts and Scribblenauts only.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

freakbabyblues

Naw, there are plenty other reasons... Anyway, I was going leave it alone, ergo why I didn't type anything in response. On topic: I will be picking up Scribblenauts and Scribblenauts only.

I will hope to exchange levels with ya come September 15th (if i'm in any state to play games on the day, my birthday)

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

Noooooooooooooooooooo why. my heart is torn.

giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

[QUOTE="darksongbird"]

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Taylor_B

...ten minutes isn't long enough to get the feel for a game. I'm not going to get any more games for quite some time. I'll definitely get Mario and Luigi eventually, but I'm not sure about Scribblenauts. It doesn't seem that great to me.

Scribblenauts is EPIC!! What other game can u let god on a skateboard holding a SHOTGUN fighting a KRAKEN?????? I want this game A.S.A.I.C.O ( as soon as it comes out) but its probably not going to be a day 1 purchase because I have to mooch off my mom to get some money :P

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Taylor_B

[QUOTE="Taylor_B"] ...ten minutes isn't long enough to get the feel for a game. I'm not going to get any more games for quite some time. I'll definitely get Mario and Luigi eventually, but I'm not sure about Scribblenauts. It doesn't seem that great to me.giga_yeti

Scribblenauts is EPIC!! What other game can u let god on a skateboard holding a SHOTGUN fighting a KRAKEN?????? I want this game A.S.A.I.C.O ( as soon as it comes out) but its probably not going to be a day 1 purchase because I have to mooch off my mom to get some money :P

Maybe, but do I want to put god on a skateboard holding a shotgun fighting a kraken? :P My thinking is that that probably wouldn't hold my attention very long.
giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 giga_yeti
[QUOTE="giga_yeti"]

[QUOTE="Taylor_B"] ...ten minutes isn't long enough to get the feel for a game. I'm not going to get any more games for quite some time. I'll definitely get Mario and Luigi eventually, but I'm not sure about Scribblenauts. It doesn't seem that great to me.Taylor_B

Maybe, but do I want to put god on a skateboard holding a shotgun fighting a kraken? :P My thinking is that that probably wouldn't hold my attention very long.

there are 220 levels and over 10,000 things to conjure, so u will never get bored of it +there is downloadable levels and a level editor.
Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Taylor_B
[QUOTE="giga_yeti"]there are 220 levels and over 10,000 things to conjure, so u will never get bored of it +there is downloadable levels and a level editor.

Eh, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing, you know?
giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 giga_yeti
[QUOTE="Taylor_B"][QUOTE="giga_yeti"]there are 220 levels and over 10,000 things to conjure, so u will never get bored of it +there is downloadable levels and a level editor.

OK, it is your opinion
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I will be getting Scribblenauts for sure, I just don't know when. Also, I'm not too sure if I'm going to pick up Mario & Luigi yet.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="giga_yeti"]there are 220 levels and over 10,000 things to conjure, so u will never get bored of it +there is downloadable levels and a level editor. Taylor_B

I have to agree with Taylor here,it don't really look like my kinda game but that doesn't say i wouldn't give it a shot when it hit stores in the US.
David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

I'm not really that interested in Scribblenauts, but I'll definitely get Mario and Luigi.

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Taylor_B
[QUOTE="Taylor_B"][QUOTE="giga_yeti"]there are 220 levels and over 10,000 things to conjure, so u will never get bored of it +there is downloadable levels and a level editor. TriniPlayer

I have to agree with Taylor here,it don't really look like my kinda game but that doesn't say i wouldn't give it a shot when it hit stores in the US.

Yeah, I might try it out if one of my friends gets it. I'm not trying to dis it, it just doesn't look like something I would enjoy all that much.
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freakbabyblues

Eh, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing, you know?David719
I'm gonna be the stereotypical Scribblenauts activist and say that you have no imagination and you should go ahead and play your generic rehashes of games we've seen thousands of times before.

Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Taylor_B

[QUOTE="David719"] Eh, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing, you know?freakbabyblues

I'm gonna be the stereotypical Scribblenauts activist and say that you have no imagination and you should go ahead and play your generic rehashes of games we've seen thousands of times before.

Quote fail...lol. Are you joking? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're joking.
freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freakbabyblues
[QUOTE="Taylor_B"][QUOTE="freakbabyblues"]

Eh, it just doesn't look like my kind of thing, you know?David719

Quote fail...lol. Are you joking? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're joking.

Dang. It annoys me when GS does that stuff... Anyway, I was joking, but there are people like that...
Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Taylor_B
[QUOTE="freakbabyblues"][QUOTE="Taylor_B"][QUOTE="freakbabyblues"] I'm gonna be the stereotypical Scribblenauts activist and say that you have no imagination and you should go ahead and play your generic rehashes of games we've seen thousands of times before.

Dang. It annoys me when GS does that stuff... Anyway, I was joking, but there are people like that...

Ah, good. I'd seen you make intelligent comments around, and I was going to be disappointed if you were serious, lol. I oil paint, by the way. So I definitely have creativity and an imagination ;)
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Itss not my type of game too... but what kind of game gives me the option of make rain flaming kites of doom from the heavens? O_o

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

If retailers had Scribblenauts as a playable demo in each store, everyone who has aDS will get it. It's too amazing to pass up. Also, I think it willsell DS units too.

Depending on their marketing, I think it could be a huge success, sales wise. I mean the slogan "write anything, solve everything", if people (hardcore or casuals) looked into this further (with the right marketing techniques it could open their eyes) it will sell like hot cakes.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Scribblenauts WILL be the GOTY.

The haters may go die in a hole :evil:.

But really, Scribblenauts will go down as one of the best games of the 2000s and rape everything that comes out this year... rough. Rough and hard, rough and hard.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I will be picking both games up on release day. Especially Scribblenauts.....a lot of people are saying its not going to sell well but that's excatly why I'm going to buy it the first day it comes out. We should support these innovative type of games so we can get more of them in the future

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#47 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Since I'm a huge fan of the M&L RPGs, I'll be grabbing that first. Nothing wrong with grabbing both at the same time though :P
Taylor_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Taylor_B
After watching the new preview video on Scribblenauts that gs put up, I'm very sure I won't be getting scribblenauts.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't really see myself picking up either game.

The first two Mario & Luigi games were both good, not great, but good, but the premise behind the third installment just sounds completely silly for me. And yes, I know perfectly well that the first two M&L games were silly, but the third game just seems to be TOO ridiculous for my tastes. The whole premise just doesn't sound very good to me. Perhaps my opinion will change later though...

And I don't think I'll get Scribblenauts either, because it doesn't look very appealing me.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
I'm currently on a kick with my new PSP, so while I'm tracking both of these games, I don't know if either will end up in my collection in the near future. I'll tell you what game will no matter what: Golden Sun DS.