This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mrcanfwhoopass
Member since 2003 • 3578 Posts
"sonic's my name, speed's my game"....he is such a loser character... he was not good in the early games....then sega made him into even more of a joke with modern games....he is a awful character and he has lowered the appeal of brawl considerably....it presents alone makes me cringe. I think the only way sonic deserves to be in brawl is if he is a continued joke, one in which he is denied acceptance for being such a crappy character
phamhienp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 phamhienp
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

he has lowered the appeal of brawl considerably....mrcanfwhoopass

maybe for you. you'll soon see your thread swarmed with people that disagree.

linkfa65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkfa65
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts
are u serious sonic rules
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts
OBJECTION!!
megamanzero32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 megamanzero32
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts

Kill Sonic....

In Brawl, enough said.

mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrcanfwhoopass

[QUOTE="mrcanfwhoopass"]he has lowered the appeal of brawl considerably....phamhienp

yeah because all the fanboys that get off over the prospects of the nintendo/sega relations, people that care more about Nintendo as a whole rather then SSBB, because I know im going to be playing this game for awhile and I could careless about nintendo's relation with a crappy developer
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I was never a big fan of Sonic. He sold on attitude. The games itself were mediocre. I'm gonna beat his azz til it turns blue.....oh wait.
Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

If you dislike Sonic so much why not beat the crap out of him in-game? I know i will be:D

mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrcanfwhoopass
me killing him means nothing...it is actually kinda stupid to say that....im just saying...if he took the place of a much more deserving character which is obviously the case, cause it is sonic...that is really lame
phamhienp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 phamhienp
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="phamhienp"]

[QUOTE="mrcanfwhoopass"]he has lowered the appeal of brawl considerably....mrcanfwhoopass

yeah because all the fanboys that get off over the prospects of the nintendo/sega relations, people that care more about Nintendo as a whole rather then SSBB, because I know im going to be playing this game for awhile and I could careless about nintendo's relation with a crappy developer

You're entitled to your own opinion about Sega.

I personally grew up playing on my Sega Master System back in '83 and had always thought of Sega as a stellar game/console manufacturer. They've made alot of important games in every gaming generation since it's been around. To dismiss them as crappy developers is unfair and unjust imo.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Being able to play with Sonic made a lot of people happy,I remember when Snake was announced,aah yes,anyway..let the people that like Sonic be happy,if you don't like sonic,fine by me...I for one do not like the Pokémon trainer but you don't see me making a thread about it,why because Brawl doesn't force me to play with the Trainer and neither does it force you to play with Sonic...

shano100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shano100
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
i'm scared to say it, but i actually agree with you to a degree. When i first saw the update i was over the moon, but now when i think about it, it feels very strange, and yeh i do think he is lame, haha. But i still reckon he was cool back in the day, when i was young
mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrcanfwhoopass
[QUOTE="mrcanfwhoopass"][QUOTE="phamhienp"]

[QUOTE="mrcanfwhoopass"]he has lowered the appeal of brawl considerably....phamhienp

I personally grew up playing on my Sega Master System back in '83 and had always thought of Sega as a stellar game/console manufacturer. They've made alot of important games in every gaming generation since it's been around. To dismiss them as crappy developers is unfair and unjust imo.

alright, but you do realize, recent(past 8 years) sonic(sega's flagship franchise) games probably average somewhere around a 5.0 on gamespot
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Hey leave Sonic alone man I mean come on apart from the latest 360/PS3 outing and Shadow the hedgehog all of his other 2D and 3D have been at least good to me.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Sonicsold games are alright all the 3d ones are crap but for brawl its completely different well obviously cause its not based on him so if you hate sonic fight him, you likesonic be him simple as that.I don't really like him but i dont care its another character to choose andi reckon he would be a pretty wicked fighter in the game anyway.
vgshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 vgshine
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts

Well think of it this way...

If you love Sonic, you've got a great new character to play as!

If you hate Sonic, you've got a new CPU whose ass you can kick all you want.

Personally, I think Sonic's, or anyone's appearance, is a win-win for everyone!

markahc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 markahc
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
Huh?
GameBlender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 GameBlender
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I like the sound effects and moves he uses which bring back a classic "before sonic was crap" feel to his character, but the "Sonic's the name, speeds my game thing drives me mad into a frenzy of irritation.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Have you ever actually played Sonic 1, 2, or 3? Not just looked at them for a few minutes, but actually played through any of them? Are you aware that Sonic alone was enough to warrant purchasing a Sega in the first place? Do you have any possible conception of what games were like back then and how Sega has impacted games today, and is STILL doing it decades later?

This is all irrelevant considering how much Brawl is going to rule. The fact that they put sonic in this game is just another reason to buy it for most sane people.

If you don't like him don't play with him. And stop making unnecessary posts.

Sonic_Freak87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Sonic_Freak87
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
i know everyones got their own opinion, but i bet sonics going to be a helluva game seller, and not to mention sonic was abosoutly huge back in its day, if they could make sonic games like they used to back in the day then maybe sega can revouloutinise the action adventure genre once more.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
[QUOTE="mrcanfwhoopass"][QUOTE="phamhienp"]

They made a lot of important games in the 16/32-bit era, these days?
Nothing but crap really... Every 3d Sonic is an offend towards the good old days in my opinion, not to mention the quality in general just plain sucks.

Love to have Sonic in Brawl though, so OP; Bah! :D

8shadowmaster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 8shadowmaster8
Member since 2004 • 74 Posts

I actually really liked the sonic game that came out for the DS, I think they stay true to the original. All the 3D ones are horrible. And since this game is actually like the games, there can be a real classic sonic-like stage in the "adventure mode" here. But, bashingsonic sound sooo fun!

BTW, "sonic's my name, speed's my game" sounds...Much better in japanese, actually. I guess...

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

I actually really liked the sonic game that came out for the DS, I think they stay true to the original. All the 3D ones are horrible. And since this game is actually like the games, there can be a real classic sonic-like stage in the "adventure mode" here. But, bashingsonic sound sooo fun!

BTW, "sonic's my name, speed's my game" sounds...Much better in japanese, actually. I guess...

8shadowmaster8

Actually Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was really good and that was 3D. I also thought that cool chao mini game thing was really cool in it

xxxBravo_3xxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxxBravo_3xxx
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
i dont like you
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
Sonic in brawl is for the greater good :D
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
eh. I was never a huge sonic fan. but i can say that i am EXTREMELY pissed they delayed the game.
Rockhopper_45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rockhopper_45
Member since 2007 • 1045 Posts
If sonic is in think of other third party characters we can play as soon. Maybe not in this SSB but the next
rh_317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rh_317
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

Have you ever actually played Sonic 1, 2, or 3? Not just looked at them for a few minutes, but actually played through any of them? Are you aware that Sonic alone was enough to warrant purchasing a Sega in the first place? Do you have any possible conception of what games were like back then and how Sega has impacted games today, and is STILL doing it decades later?

This is all irrelevant considering how much Brawl is going to rule. The fact that they put sonic in this game is just another reason to buy it for most sane people.

If you don't like him don't play with him. And stop making unnecessary posts.

starfox15

I agree.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I still don't like the idea of Nintendo putting 3rd Party characters in Brawl. I mean, being able to just battle it out with the Nintendo characters was what made the Smash series special in my opinion. Nothing I can do now but I suppose those characters will make a lot of people happy. Especially all those Sonic fans
Chester950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chester950
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
Why.........won't.......that.......blue.........loser........dissappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HDShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 HDShadow
Member since 2005 • 2241 Posts
Wow... Are you seriously coming on here and making a thread over how Sonic sucks in Brawl? Seriously, Sonic is the most wanted player in Brawl. Plus, me being a huge Sonic fan, I may switch from Fox to Sonic... To be honest, I loved most of his games, SA2:B being one of the best. The reason for brawl is you fight with selection, if you don't like Sonic, pick someone else.
invadingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 invadingduck
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts

So it is true then.......Wow.

I hope this isn't a huge joke Nintendo and Sega colaborated on. Though it would be fun to see all the Sonic fanboys' reactions.

I say Nintendo can put in SOME 3rd party. But it should still be vastly Ninto characters.

Also, Sonic has been rapidly declining in recent years. AND COULD THEY JUST GET A GOOD VOICE ACTER AND SOME DECENT DIOLOGE!!! DROP THE "SONIC IS THE COOLEST" IMAGE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

iceyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iceyyyy
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts
Sonic in Brawl is kool, can't wait to use him.
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Sonic was the most wanted new character for brawl, which is why Nintendo put him in in the first place. I can't wait to play with my favorite childhood video game character (at least one of them anyway, the other being mario). Everyone who is hating in here sounds like the same disgruntled "virgin" nerd crap to me. Go get some, it may calm you down a bit.
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts
Sonic was big back in the day. So weren't pogs, pop rocks, and cassettes. A great deal of us have moved on.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I just blogged about my displeasure of having Sonic (and Snake) in Brawl.
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CharmedGamer
Not about moving on, it's about playing homage to the major characters of today and yesterday and some of the lesser known characters that deserved a little recogntion. Ness or Lucas anyone. You don't like it too bad he is in there (for reasons very very obvious to any gamer who isn't stupid or arrogant enough to realize that game or in this case a game character can be popular even if he or she doesn't like them. I'm going to enjoy playing my old blue friend and nothing any of you haters can say is going to stop it. So keep wasting your time posting because you aren't going to make me stop enjoying this news :) .
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts
Wow, I'm gonna' have to seriously disagree with you. Sonic is a sweet and original character. If you don't like him, beat-him-up in Brawl. Easy as that...
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CharmedGamer
Sonic, Mario and Snake in the same game. I feel soooo good right now :)
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts
[QUOTE="8shadowmaster8"]

Glitch321

Actually Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast was really good and that was 3D. I also thought that cool chao mini game thing was really cool in it

I loved the Dreamcast Sonic title. Damnit, I wish Sega still lived...one of my favorites of all time.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
Use the sticky.