Screen Protector: Help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1358 posts) -

Have any of you picked up a protector for the gamepad? I bought a 2 pack and screwed them both up (Dust, hair, etc..) Any tips? I put one on my Vita no problem but the gamepad is killing me. I am kind of a perfectionist, but can live with minor error. Any tips?

#2 Posted by cryfreedom66 (654 posts) -
Use some clear tape to gently remove dust and hair from game pad and back of protector. The only foolproof way to do it Is to peel just the end off the originally backing (when it's new ) line that up with the edge and pull away the backing as you stick it to the screen. Since you already used both I'd say try the tape method if that absolutely doesn't work you can always wash it, immediately put it between paper towel (not a fluffy kind, the rougher kind so no fuzz comes off on the protector) and once it drys reapply. I've got it to work on my cell phone after washing but it wasn't perfect.
Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
#3 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2741 posts) -

messed up one of mine to. gonna try the second one today

#4 Posted by ch2423 (1973 posts) -
Applying screen protectors in a steamy bathroom works great. Run the shower for 10-15 minutes then open and apply the protector. Dust particles won't be in the air and you get a flawless application. I've done this for my cellphone and Vita and both turned out perfect.
#5 Posted by dsmccracken (7307 posts) -
Applying screen protectors in a steamy bathroom works great. Run the shower for 10-15 minutes then open and apply the protector. Dust particles won't be in the air and you get a flawless application. I've done this for my cellphone and Vita and both turned out perfect. ch2423
Cool tip. Thanks!