Rogue Sqadron Wii - Canned...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

It seems it was in development by Factor 5 and may have been sold to another company before they went bankrupt. So it could still be coming...

http://www.thatgamingsite.com/news/1087/unannounced-rouge-squadron-wii-canned/

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii.
Davey_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Davey_B
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

It seems it was in development by Factor 5 and may have been sold to another company before they went bankrupt. So it could still be coming...

jdmpastor

If true, then that's pretty interesting as I thought Eggebrecht and F5 were only interested in PS3 and 360 development, but I can't seem to find that article that talked about it. Hmm....either way, that sucks. The only company I could conceivably see that property going to is back to LucasArts, but I doubt they'd push the Wii as hard as F5 would have.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
[QUOTE="jdmpastor"]

Davey_B
If true, then that's pretty interesting as I though Eggebrecht and F5 were only interested in PS3 and 360 development, but I can't seem to find that article that talked about it. Hmm....either way, that sucks. The only company I could conceivable seeing that property being sold to is back to LucasArts, but I doubt they'd push the Wii as hard as F5 would have.

they were but decided against that after lair was such a flop and since they said that before nintendo revealed the wii controller
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. wiifan001
Right we don't deserve anything but new IP's that you wont buy. Sucks though for the employee's if they did try and pull that though.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#6 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am hoping the project is still going. :D

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Wuh-wuh what? Its my Star Wars game series, now its canned:cry:

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Lets just hope it will be good and it will be still coming out for the wii.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. wiifan001
epic fail not only was rebel strike released last gen but factor 5 make amazing games (ignoring lair, but that was ps3 so meh), but they also have the best graphics each gen plus this would be a new game, and yeah, each game was better than the last rebel strike looked better than any game last gen, ANY game per pixel shading on every pixel? check self shadowing? check bump mapping? check more than 100 enemies on screen at once? so checked amazingly detailed models? checked and awesome no one knew the cube like them, and they themselves said they could do so much better on wii
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. AdmiralWolverin
epic fail not only was rebel strike released last gen but factor 5 make amazing games (ignoring lair, but that was ps3 so meh), but they also have the best graphics each gen plus this would be a new game, and yeah, each game was better than the last rebel strike looked better than any game last gen, ANY game per pixel shading on every pixel? check self shadowing? check bump mapping? check more than 100 enemies on screen at once? so checked amazingly detailed models? checked and awesome no one knew the cube like them, and they themselves said they could do so much better on wii

Agreed they also helped Nintendo develop the GCN and if your familar with the GCN's architecture you can make an Impressive Wii game since they have similar Architecture.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. AdmiralWolverin

epic fail

not only was rebel strike released last gen but factor 5 make amazing games (ignoring lair, but that was ps3 so meh), but they also have the best graphics each gen plus this would be a new game, and yeah, each game was better than the last.
rebel strike looked better than any game last gen,
awesome no one knew the cube like them, and they themselves said they could do so much better on wii

I LOVE the irony. Let's examine epic fail here.

This topic is about Rogue Squadron, not Rebel Strike. Rogue Squadron came out on the N64. That is two generations ago. For one, you got the game wrong, and the details about graphics and stuff further made irrelevance.

2nd, I never insulted Factor 5. I never talked smack about it here or any other discussion about gameplay or graphics. You're on a whole new branch of irrelevance in regards to what I said.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. wiifan001

epic fail

not only was rebel strike released last gen but factor 5 make amazing games (ignoring lair, but that was ps3 so meh), but they also have the best graphics each gen plus this would be a new game, and yeah, each game was better than the last.
awesome no one knew the cube like them, and they themselves said they could do so much better on wii

This topic is about Rogue Squadron, not Rebel Strike. Rogue Squadron came out on the N64. That is two generations ago. For one, you got the game wrong, and the details about graphics and stuff further made irrelevance.

2nd, I never insulted Factor 5. I never talked smack about it here or any other discussion about gameplay or graphics. You're on a whole new branch of irrelevance in regards to what I said.

Rogue Squadron is the Series it could've been a new game. Because Rebel Strike was called Rogue Squadron: Rebel Strike. Factor 5 said they were making a new Rogue Squadron game.

Rogue Squadron Wii cancelled

In the link they say it is the new installment in the series.

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jdmpastor

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]Good I would not want another last gen title- make that 2 generations ago- being rereleased for the wii. wiifan001

epic fail

Actually this topic is about a new game in the Rogue Squadron series for the Wii as referenced by the link. Epic fail back on.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts

epic fail

yeah, everyone's said it, but ill say it once more for chuckles rogue squadron is the name of the series rogue squadron rogue squadron 2: rogue leader rogue squadron 3:rebel strike
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Poor F5. All these bad news :(.....

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jdmpastor

Poor F5. All these bad news :(.....

ChildOfGaming7

Yeah, and poor gamers. Gamers lose another great studio.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Well if they want lots of money, they ARE going to release Rogue Squadron Wii.

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"]

epic fail

awesome no one knew the cube like them, and they themselves said they could do so much better on wiiAdmiralWolverin

yeah, everyone's said it, but ill say it once more for chuckles rogue squadron is the name of the series rogue squadron rogue squadron 2: rogue leader rogue squadron 3:rebel strike

I got to keep this going so everyone everywhere will see "THE IRONY" in his "THE IRONY" post. Epic fail indeed. On topic, I really didn't care too much for Rebel Strike, butF5 really did no how make a great game and put their best effort into it. Not only that but they were one of the fewStar Warsdevelopers that reallyknew how to do it.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

reinchester

I got to keep this going so everyone everywhere will see "THE IRONY" in his "THE IRONY" post. Epic fail indeed. On topic, I really didn't care too much for Rebel Strike, butF5 really did no how make a great game and put their best effort into it. Not only that but they were one of the fewStar Warsdevelopers that reallyknew how to do it.

No need to rub it in. Its an honest mistake. If it was a port of the first Rogue Squadron I would be mad too. I love Rogue Squadron so it kills me to hear that a totally new Rogue Squadron with the capability of looking gorgeous on Wii will never see the light of day.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
day 1 buy if this comes out (anyone surprised?)
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Actually, what happened is Factor 5 'sold' it to a different company (owned by the same people) before filing out bankruptcy for Factor 5. There is a whole news story about the sueings and such going on with this mess... Regardless, rogue squadron games are horrible. Very poorly made 'space sims' with Star Wars models... but it was on a console, so I guess poor beats non-existent.
gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

Actually, what happened is Factor 5 'sold' it to a different company (owned by the same people) before filing out bankruptcy for Factor 5. There is a whole news story about the sueings and such going on with this mess... Regardless, rogue squadron games are horrible. Very poorly made 'space sims' with Star Wars models... but it was on a console, so I guess poor beats non-existent.raahsnavj
It is horrible...in YOUR opinion. In MY opinion, they're awesome.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

that is a shame. They did always create solid Nintendo titles, and not to mention.... good looking ones at that. I never played Rebel Strike, but Rogue Leader was one bad ass game.

Hopefully the employees try to start their own studio, and start working again... it's hard to find good teams these days.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"]Actually, what happened is Factor 5 'sold' it to a different company (owned by the same people) before filing out bankruptcy for Factor 5. There is a whole news story about the sueings and such going on with this mess... Regardless, rogue squadron games are horrible. Very poorly made 'space sims' with Star Wars models... but it was on a console, so I guess poor beats non-existent.gmc2u_64

It is horrible...in YOUR opinion. In MY opinion, they're awesome.

Which is ok, I have the right to my opinion so I'll give you another: if you love the combat sim genre I would recommend you play Freespace 1 or 2 for the PC, both are now Freeware and both are much better at space sim combat than RS...
thegamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 thegamemonkey
Member since 2007 • 3234 Posts

The rouge squadron games aren't that much of a loss. If they had poor controls with a standard controller, it would only be worse with motion controls.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Factor 5 made a new Company with the same Employes, just different name.

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jdmpastor

that is a shame. They did always create solid Nintendo titles, and not to mention.... good looking ones at that. I never played Rebel Strike, but Rogue Leader was one bad ass game.

Hopefully the employees try to start their own studio, and start working again... it's hard to find good teams these days.

danger_ranger95

I have Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike and love them. Shame indeed.