Rockstar with Manhunt 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
Why do you guys think Rockstar picked Manhunt 2 to be on a Nintendo system than any others? (table tennis, GTA, etc.)
Naseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Naseru
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
Thats a good question. Wished I knew.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

lets face it the only way man hunt can get more brutal is not increased graphics (since it's graphics are allready sufficient to see everything you need to / don't want to)

it's to act out the motions

Naseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Naseru
lets face it the only way man hunt can get more brutal is not increased graphics (since its graphics are allready sufficient to see everything you need to / dont want to) its to act out the motionsmonty_4256
WOW! thats about as helpful as my post was. ;)
Avatar image for fivegreenaliens
fivegreenaliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fivegreenaliens
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
the game is gonna be oober sick and brutal with the wiimote actions...prolly even give ya chills while doing the actions to
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="monty_4256"]lets face it the only way man hunt can get more brutal is not increased graphics (since its graphics are allready sufficient to see everything you need to / dont want to) its to act out the motionsNaseru

No... Monty actually gave his opinion. One that is probably true. Maybe Rockstar had been working on the game for the PS2 for a little while, then saw how well the Wii was selling. Seeing as how other companies are doing it, they decided they could put the game on the Wii without many adjustments (other than the controls) from the PS2 version.

Just a guess though. I don't know any of that for sure.

doominatorx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 doominatorx6
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
They probabaly picked wii because they wanted to try something unique with the controls, that or because ps3 and 360 are getting GTA 4
Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts
because with the wii they don't have to graphic upgrade.
zac41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 zac41
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts
They prob put Manhunt 2 on wii to show the system isnt just for children, since Manhunt is the most violent game. I also think this is Rockstars way to see how well M rated games will do on wii, I think if Manhunt sells well enough, we'll see GTA in some form show up on wii.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Because Nintendo asked for a M rated popular game and they were making Manhunt 2 for PS2, so what would they lose?
Slingbladexx11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Slingbladexx11
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Its good to see Rockstar supporting Nintendo now.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
Kind of supporting... just one game isn't much support yet.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11917 Posts
That's a good question, I really have no idea.  The first manhunt wasn't even that fun anyway.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

Kind of supporting... just one game isn't much support yet.reggie186

But ita a good start for a company that hasn't made a game for nintendo before. 

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

because with the wii they don't have to graphic upgrade.bob_the_can_man

although they can and should

lilshorty84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lilshorty84
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
That's a good question, I really have no idea.  The first manhunt wasn't even that fun anyway.gatsbythepig
 Whatever, Manhunt is an awesome game. I like it because its stealth game, i LOVE stealth games. Hitmans, Splinter Cells, and pretty much any other game where you can be stealthy. But as far as graphics go, its because they can easily port it from the PS2 and not hear how much the graphics can be better....
nomah74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nomah74
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

[QUOTE="reggie186"]Kind of supporting... just one game isn't much support yet.shockwave04

I read an article earlier this week, may have been the Bloomberg report about how all these developers are scrambling to get in on the Wii, and I'm pretty sure it claimed Rockstar had 3 games planned for the Wii this year.  I'll see if I can't dig up the quote. 

fredrancour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fredrancour
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
[QUOTE="shockwave04"]

[QUOTE="reggie186"]Kind of supporting... just one game isn't much support yet.nomah74

I read an article earlier this week, may have been the Bloomberg report about how all these developers are scrambling to get in on the Wii, and I'm pretty sure it claimed Rockstar had 3 games planned for the Wii this year.  I'll see if I can't dig up the quote. 

it's take-two, rockstar's publisher, not rockstar specifically

Naseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Naseru
[QUOTE="Naseru"][QUOTE="monty_4256"]lets face it the only way man hunt can get more brutal is not increased graphics (since its graphics are allready sufficient to see everything you need to / dont want to) its to act out the motionsreggie186

No... Monty actually gave his opinion. One that is probably true. Maybe Rockstar had been working on the game for the PS2 for a little while, then saw how well the Wii was selling. Seeing as how other companies are doing it, they decided they could put the game on the Wii without many adjustments (other than the controls) from the PS2 version. Just a guess though. I don't know any of that for sure.

Actually his opinion didn't answer the question that was asked. No offense to Monty but his response in no way answered why he thought they chose Manhunt over GTA and such. He merely stated that the only way the game could become more brutal was to act out the motions (which would also aply to GTA). Besides it was a good natured jibe, no offense was meant. Lighten up.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

[QUOTE="reggie186"]Kind of supporting... just one game isn't much support yet.shockwave04

actually they published Smuggler's Run for Gc =p but yeah that's not really made

mamalaga12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mamalaga12
Member since 2006 • 2175 Posts
cuzz it was meant for the ps2 so they thought lets port it over to the wii after seeing the wii's success