Returning to the DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_Andrew16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Andrew16
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

Hi all. This is my first post in a long time here on gamespot. I visit this site everyday and have been doing so since 2006 but im not much of a message board person (I do read them for advice though). Anyways back to my main point. I am considering buying a new DS but am not entirely convinced to do so. My last DS was a lite which I haven't used for nine months. This is mostly because a person I was living with at the time broke the top screen and not because I didn't want to play it. I have over 30 games for the DS already but after looking at the DS page here on gamespot it seems the flow of good DS games has slowed. I browsed through the game recommendation thread in this forum but didn't see much there I didn't have already or want that much (besides maybe chrono trigger). If I do get a new DS it would most likely be an XL since im a big guy and it would fit better in my hands.

I'm getting bored of my consoles (360 and PS3) and have tried almost every mmo available right now (not enjoying any of them). I also own a PSP but have pretty much given up on it.

Thanks

Kinggoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Kinggoken
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts

Well a game I suggest you try is Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. Its pretty good and I do recommend getting a XL just to play that game. As for the PSP...you might want to give another look at it. Especially since the new metal gear game is about to come out (in june).

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I have both the DS and the PSP. If you can get both, you should. Lots of great games on the PSP too!
ErgoZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ErgoZelda
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts

I just traded my DSi in for the DSi XL Bronze color, it's charging as of now, but so far it's great because I have big hands, and the DSi XL fits like a glove in my hands. ;)

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

I'd hold off on the DS for now. The 3DS is coming out later this year, I suggest youwait for that.

Kip_Drordy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kip_Drordy
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts

I'd hold off on the DS for now. The 3DS is coming out later this year, I suggest youwait for that.

Tropictrain
The 3DS isn't coming out until 2011.
Kirbi-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kirbi-K
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts
[QUOTE="Kip_Drordy"][QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

The 3DS was an april fools day prank its never coming out
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

There are quite a few good games out there for the DS and still a handful of good ones trickling out. I, too, have recently returned to the DS and haven't looked back. Since I sold my first one back in late 2008, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and Pokemon HeartGold (and SoulSilver) all came out, so I added those to my collection alongside several old favorites. I have to say the DS is my favorite game system of all time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Kip_Drordy"][QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

Kirbi-K

The 3DS was an april fools day prank its never coming out

No it isn't. It was announced back before April 1st as well.
Lord_Andrew16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lord_Andrew16
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

Hi all thanks for the posts. So I picked up the XL yesterday and purchased Pokemon SoulSilver, Bowsers Inside Story, Chrono Trigger, and Scribblenauts. So far I have played 2-3 hours of Pokemon and lots of Scribblenauts (which is an awesome game). This may be a bit off topic but while im here... can anybody tell me if I can capture Mewtwo in SoulSilver or do I have to import it from another game? Also, does anybody know how long it would take to ocmplete Bowsers Inside Story at a normal pace? Im just wondering which game I should focus on completing first :P

Thanks as always!!

Oh PS i'm rather impressed with the XL itself. Hot damn do those big screens look good!

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

You can catch it in SS.

Kirbi-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kirbi-K
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord_Andrew16"]

Hi all thanks for the posts. So I picked up the XL yesterday and purchased Pokemon SoulSilver, Bowsers Inside Story, Chrono Trigger, and Scribblenauts. So far I have played 2-3 hours of Pokemon and lots of Scribblenauts (which is an awesome game). This may be a bit off topic but while im here... can anybody tell me if I can capture Mewtwo in SoulSilver or do I have to import it from another game? Also, does anybody know how long it would take to ocmplete Bowsers Inside Story at a normal pace? Im just wondering which game I should focus on completing first :P

Thanks as always!!

Oh PS i'm rather impressed with the XL itself. Hot damn do those big screens look good!

Bowsers Inside Story will take a while im on the last boss now.