Returning to Bravely Default. Should I just start over?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

So I decided to pick this back up again. I played approximately 10 hours a couple years back but I got to a boss and didn't get passed it. Somehow I ended up putting it down.

Today I started it and it turns out I am in the Temple of Wind and my boss fight is against Orthos. I am still stuck and I looked at a couple of strategies online but my party doesn't last too long. Should I just start over? I would hate to lose ten hours of progress.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Josh5890: Id start over mate if having that much problems. I have the game, but ive never played it yet so i cant offer too much advice. But if looking at guides didnt work, maybe a fresh start wouldnt be such a bad ideal.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Start over. You've obviously been doing something wrong in the past if you can't get by the boss in any possible way.
Better to just redo it and get into it more.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18563 Posts

Don't start over. Go into the field, get your bearings again with a bunch of random battles, and use that as a bit of grinding to get your character and class levels up.

It's a long game.... Starting over would just make it even longer, and I don't know what benefit it would bring except maybe refreshing your memory on the story, but you can get that by reading the first couple sentences of a synopsis.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Just grind your level up.