Resident Evil UC - Impressions on the new gameplay trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pinoyrepn1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pinoyrepn1124
Member since 2005 • 292 Posts

Ok for one the screens look awesome as far as graphics are concerned ( probably the best looking Wii game right now ). Now only the gameplay remains to be proven since the game is on rails but just being in Chris Redfields shoes seems like it would be an exhilarating experience since weve never seen the resident evil games from this perspective. Your thoughts. Discuss

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827187/vids_1.html

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
I actually seem to like the on-rails gameplay.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I actually seem to like the on-rails gameplay.waitaseck

same here, looks unique and overall, imo, looks fun.  

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
Looks awesome.
Quarterlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Quarterlife
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
It was exactly what i was hoping for.
pinoyrepn1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pinoyrepn1124

Wow i didnt think that I would get many positive responses but the turn out has been great. Heres to hoping that our hopes dont get crushed with the gameplay :)

Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
Yeah, I was impressed. The graphics are pretty sweet and the gameplay is supposed to be really fun and challenging. Lets hope theres some multiplayer to give this game some replay value.
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts

YUCK!!!! rail get boring to fast

samusaran28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 samusaran28
Member since 2003 • 298 Posts
Yea this game looks amazing. I cant wait till it comes out. I wonder how many games it will go through because i know it definetly goes through RE1 but they said it will have settings from 0,1,2 and 3.
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts

I guess I'll be the first skeptic...

The graphics seem to have no improvement over the RE remake on the GC or RE 4. And the game seems like they just wanted to throw a RE game into the Wii library so consumers wouldn't feel it was getting left out since it isn't getting a true sequel in RE 5. It seems like the searching feel of past RE games will be gone (since you can't walk where you want and will have a short amount of time until the camera forces you somewhere else). I'm sure there are other things I'm worried about but cant think of right now...

With that said I can guarantee I will preorder it but I will still wish I had a real sequel to RE 4 playing in my Wii as I blast through the mansion one more time...

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

Question. Were Resident evil's background always fully 3D rendered and Capcom just used screenshots of the rendered images in the games, meanwhile the fully 3D maps are stored somewhere for use in a game like this? *hopes people understand that*

My impressions though are that I am excited. I played House of the Dead II several times and enjoyed it. Now playing this will be pure orgasm. And it will have a real story and less crappy voice acting.

GhostPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GhostPoet
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts

i'm suprirsed to say this...but it looks like a blast.

If it has two player co-op, i'm sold.   

LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts

If they clean the graphics up slightly and do something like a reactive environment so the game has replay value, but otherwise I look forward to it. I know I'll get it

Avatar image for YusukeUnleashed
YusukeUnleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YusukeUnleashed
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts
Thanks for the link. Im even more hyped for the game after seeing it:D
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
people bash the "on-rails" gameplay, but i think it'll be a sweet game, for the people that can get over it not being a standard RE game.
tayla25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tayla25
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
as a RE fan, me and my brother sat down and played all of them together all the way threw  ANd enjoyed them but if they make this game co-op, then it might be the best rail shooter of all time, but im gettin it anyway....IT'S RESIDENT EVIL!!!!
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts

The graphics seem to have no improvement over the RE remake on the GC or RE 4. Mac8457

I'm pretty sure that's because this game is left over from when the Wii-mote was gonna be a GC peripheral.

AlCoCeR_AlVaRo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AlCoCeR_AlVaRo
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
While I was looking at the trailer, I actually felt like I was in Islands of Adventure (Orlando, FL) riding the Spider-Man rollercoaster. I've never played a RE before but I think this one might be my first one.
Avatar image for guevara_guerril
guevara_guerril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 guevara_guerril
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

I have been playing res games fore 13years now and i was so happy when they revamped the series with res 4, i loved the others but the franchise(and the controlls!!) had to change.

And so im really xcitd about UC a fast paced frantic,atmospheric shooter in the style of games like hotd but with a better story and more depth of gameplay. Couple of my housemates hated the res series, but with the change to a focus in action in res 4 the retooled controlls and now this glorious onrail shoote, there minds hve been completley changed.

Uc will be the pinnacle of the on rals zombie game. 

TheSinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 TheSinner
Member since 2005 • 177 Posts

I'm still dissapointed... I was expecting, like anyone out there I guess, a game much like RE4 in terms of gameplay. I saw the video, its graphics are just as good as I was excpecting for this game, that makes me think capcom is working quite hard on this game, If they wanted to make a low budget one just making use of the Resident Evil name why to spend time to develop such a good graphic design? I think this game have got some potiential, of course it is not RE5 or RE4-2 but It still can be really good.

Ctown_Canaduh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ctown_Canaduh
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
co-op will make or break this game imo. 
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts

[QUOTE="Mac8457"] The graphics seem to have no improvement over the RE remake on the GC or RE 4. be_very_afraid

I'm pretty sure that's because this game is left over from when the Wii-mote was gonna be a GC peripheral.

Thats still not a good thing if it is true.
woodsa23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 woodsa23
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
I think it looks pretty decent. Variety and diversity are *shock* good things.  
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

I'm excited about Umbrella Chronicles.  I just realized how well rail-shooters would work on Wii.  I like rail-shooters because it's pick-up-and-play.  I hope this game is 2 players; maybe even 4 players.  It'll truly be fun for the whole family.

Oh yeah, and according to IGN, Umbrella Chronicles is supposed to contain 15-20 hours of gameplay, which is pretty long for a rail-shooter.

Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts

Oh yeah, and according to IGN, Umbrella Chronicles is supposed to contain 15-20 hours of gameplay, which is pretty long for a rail-shooter.

DS_Lightning21

Numbers like that are always per the developer/publisher, and are almost always gross exaggerations of reality. 

kasope79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kasope79
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm excited about Umbrella Chronicles. I just realized how well rail-shooters would work on Wii. I like rail-shooters because it's pick-up-and-play. I hope this game is 2 players; maybe even 4 players. It'll truly be fun for the whole family.

DS_Lightning21

You want you and ur sister wit ur parents killing zombies saying oo luk kul i just blew his head up. Cmon some games arent family games just for hardcore people 

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
[QUOTE="be_very_afraid"]

[QUOTE="Mac8457"] The graphics seem to have no improvement over the RE remake on the GC or RE 4. Mac8457

The Wiimote was never going to be a GC peripheral.

zstick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zstick7
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts
I like the look and feel of it.  Pretty spooky.  Is it confirmed that players will have NO control over forward/backward motion?  I know it's on rails, but games like Killer 7 let you at least choose to move forward or backward.  Anyone know about this?
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts
[QUOTE="Mac8457"][QUOTE="be_very_afraid"]

[QUOTE="Mac8457"] The graphics seem to have no improvement over the RE remake on the GC or RE 4. NECR0CHILD313

The Wiimote was never going to be a GC peripheral.

it sure was bud, remember a couple e3's back, when they were showing behind closed doors a peripheral that would "extend the life of the gamecube" it was the remote, but just the remote, not the nunchuk. Im pretty sure they've even outright said that it was a gc idea.

Edit: I do understand that it's just a rumor, but it make a lot of sense if it were originally a gc peripheral.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
This looks like one of the old RE games just on rails.  Plus the graphics look better.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

Spelunker

Numbers like that are always per the developer/publisher, and are almost always gross exaggerations of reality. 

that's not true, i think their talking about the average gamer, and i do believe it will take him around 15 hours to complete a game we hardcore gamers can complete in half that time, our brains just know how VGs work nowdays, that's why when something innovative comes, you see EVERY HC gamer gloating about it.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

I now NEED a wii. 

Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts
[QUOTE="Spelunker"][QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

nintendo-4life

that's not true, i think their talking about the average gamer, and i do believe it will take him around 15 hours to complete a game we hardcore gamers can complete in half that time, our brains just know how VGs work nowdays, that's why when something innovative comes, you see EVERY HC gamer gloating about it.

You can think it's not true, but I entirely disagree.  When a game is in devevlopment, the people making it always quote a xxx hours estimate.  And it's almost always a far overshot of what it is in reality, when the game is actually delivered.  

They overpromote.  That's their job.  They're not a exactly what you'd call unbiased, and their perspective is to make the game sound as good as possible.

LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#34 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
The game looks really good graphicly and I bet the rails will work very well one the wii I cannot wait to blow the heads off some zombies!
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Spelunker"][QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

Spelunker

You can think it's not true, but I entirely disagree.  When a game is in devevlopment, the people making it always quote a xxx hours estimate.  And it's almost always a far overshot of what it is in reality, when the game is actually delivered.  

They overpromote.  That's their job.  They're not a exactly what you'd call unbiased, and their perspective is to make the game sound as good as possible.

maybe you're right, but i'm talking about personal experience, with TP, they said it's 70 hours, yet i only hit 55, but sister has reached her 70 hours, with TOS they promised 80 hours, but i beat it in 56 hours, but my friend beat it in ironically 77 hours, and of course in games like FFX and Eternal darkness, they really gave me the exact number of hours the devs told me.
so yeah, maybe they overpromote, but i still think they are talking about the average gamer, not the hardcore one.
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#36 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
The graphics are a huge improvement over anything before in the resident evil series. They just look awesome, and they're not just unchangeable walls and items like before (up till re4). the graphics will be great, as well as music and story and everything, guaranteed. But gameplay? If they vary it enough, if it doesn't grow boring, if they manage to just in general make it fun, umbrella chronicles will freakin rock. If not... another fps fail for re!
ponci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ponci
Member since 2004 • 220 Posts

I actually seem to like the on-rails gameplay.waitaseck

Also like it! I think this game will rock, very good graphics btw, I hope this game is very long though. 

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts

rumorbe_very_afraid

I lol'd 

pinoyrepn1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pinoyrepn1124
as far as the gameplay time, i think that 15-20 hours is pretty accurate estimate since this game is going to span atleast 4 resident evil games and each of those games were atleast that long by themselves ( granted of course the time it took one to actually solve the puzzles but then again this one might have some simple puzzles on its own still since it is a RE game ).
G_W_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 G_W_13
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts
i think the graphics look great but im not really liking the way u cant move ur person. its just like a 50 cent arcade with good graphics. also it looks pretty easy the zombies walk very slow and doesnt look close to being as suspenseful or as fun as resident evil 4