Reserve at Gamestop over the phone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ACL0V3R (2273 posts) -

I wanted to reserve scribblenauts today but mom didn't wanna drive me so I was wondering if I could reserve a game over the phone....I would just call and ask but theyre not open yet so yeah lol. Also I know you get the rooster hat when you reserve it but what if I don't pick it up the first day because my parents never bring me on release day...

#2 Posted by menosdemon (518 posts) -

yupp, depending on the store, they do let you reserve over the phone.

if you dont pick it up on the first day, they'll hold it for you for quite a while. mr employee told me that they can sell it after 48 hours, but im thinking they'll wait a week. i heard some cases where they sell it to someone else if its at high demand tho.

oh, and the chicken hat might be limited, but they'll probably have enough. mes gonna wear that thing on the first day of school.

#3 Posted by SagaRain (602 posts) -

They don't hold any games in my area. Only pre-order.

#4 Posted by SiK99 (1673 posts) -

I wanted to reserve scribblenauts today but mom didn't wanna drive me so I was wondering if I could reserve a game over the phone....I would just call and ask but theyre not open yet so yeah lol. Also I know you get the rooster hat when you reserve it but what if I don't pick it up the first day because my parents never bring me on release day...

ACL0V3R

Stores will only get a limited amount of the hats. If you have a relatively busy store(always people in there) and you don't go pick up your game early into the first day...you probably won't get the hat. Just saying.

Also, you have to put at least $5 down to do a pre-order. Not sure if they take pre-orders over the phone because of this (unless they do gift-cards/edge cards/credit cards over the phone).

(As always, this is my opinion and speculation at this point. They may ship out enough hats for every pre-order for all we know)

#5 Posted by Rocky32189 (8996 posts) -
Don't even bother preordering unless you really want the chicken hat. Otherwise, there is no point in preordering except to guarantee Gamestop gets your money.
#6 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

They didn't with my DSi.

It was the day before release, and I was going to camp out (Like I did for my Wii, I think it's a lot more fun), but the guy on the phone said, "No, only pre-orders could get it at launch." I said as a joke, "Well, could I pre-order it now?" because I thought it was too late. He replied, "Sure, you have to come in to the store though to put down your deposit ($25)."

Then my mom had to drive me to the store, pre-order it, then drive me back the next day at midnight to get it.

I guess it's different with a console though.

#7 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Then my mom had to drive me to the store, pre-order it, then drive me back the next day at midnight to get it.

awssk8er716

Sounds like you have a nice mom =)

#8 Posted by ACL0V3R (2273 posts) -

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

Euaggelistes

Sounds like you have a nice mom =)

mine would say ill pick it up for you when im running errands...like she did with COD WaW :(. thanks for the info guys im gonna call in a bit :)