This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkey2go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 monkey2go
Member since 2004 • 3760 Posts
 actually pretty decent despite from what everyone that's been saying that its a horrible game its alright. The aiming takes awhile to get used to, the ai coudlve been smarter though. well i rented this one because right from the get go i could tell it would like something i would rent only.  So yeah go try this game out if you havent already. Most launch titles arent that great but this is something where you have basically beat all the games you have for the wii and want to try something new.
ThaT-Masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ThaT-Masta
Member since 2007 • 7719 Posts
Yes, it is a pretty decent game. I don't see why everyone makes it out to be such a awful game.
steelersman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 steelersman94
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

its really cool on that one level with the tunas hangin from the cieling when u shoot the tunas and chunks of tuna fly everywhere.

yeah.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61815 Posts
not that good. im sorry but i agree with every review this game got. it sucked. Hopefully the sequal can fix this games flaws, but i honestly dont care. MP3 will be the enough.
batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

aww c'mon----this was a good game, not great but good. i'd choose this over SSBB.(just kidding, seriously, KIDDING)

SEQUAL MUST IMPROVE WITH BETTER SAMURAI SEQUENCES/GAMEPLAY AND ONLINE. I GIVE IT A (7/10)

MY FIRST GAME WITH THE WII, EVEN BEFORE I OPENED SPORTS.

NismoZZzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NismoZZzz
Member since 2006 • 282 Posts
garbage? This game was crud man, far from being worth $50. I gave it a shot and immediately got rid of it back at launch.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

This game was decent, but not spectacular.  I mean it was hyped so much, then it was a huge flopsicle -_-. 

KingAcelll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingAcelll
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
red steel is the best game ever
KingAcelll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingAcelll
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

Yes, it is a pretty decent game. I don't see why everyone makes it out to be such a awful game.ThaT-Masta
ty

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24686 Posts

red steel is the best game everKingAcelll

You should try playing some good games. I recommend it. 

wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
Red Steel is an awesome game. Very intuitive and everything!
_rizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 _rizzle_
Member since 2006 • 115 Posts

extremely underated in my opinion

jDJ983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jDJ983
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I've played a lot of FPS shooters over the years, starting way back with Wolvenstein on the PC which really started the whole genre off and I think Red Steel's a great little game.  It's obviously got a few minor glitches (few launch titles don't) but the control system, the reason most people seem to hate it, works perfectly.  I've heard people say it takes a couple of hours to get used to the use of the nunchuck and wiiremote but for me it took longer.  I'd say I played it for about a week before I was fully comfortable with it and until I had got used to it, I hated playing the game.

If you hated it first time, revisit it and really devote sometime to mastering it, because once you're in control I think it's a joy.  In fact, because of the nature of the point and bang mechanism, it's probably the most fully immersive FPS I've ever played!!  That's not to say it's the best, it clearly isn't but in terms of feeling like I'm shooting bad guys with a gun in my hand, it's the most realistic.

Red Steel is encouraging or worrying depending upon how much you enjoyed/are enjoying it.  I think the control system will be repeated by most FPS games released on the wii...sure it will be refined but the basic technique will be the same.

mkfalcon2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mkfalcon2007
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

the reason i bought a wii.  yeah, isn't that something.  i played it at a friends palce on christmas break...then we played 4 player...the most fun i had ...actually as much fun as i had playin halo online. ( i still play it on my 360) redsteel was something new, refreshing...a newer way to play fps with great accuracy and ease.  so after that i went wii hunting, and before i found a wii, i purchased a copy of redsteel (bought a game before a console - and it wasn't zelda) almost week later i got it.  redsteel was my first game and it really got me hooked on playing the wii.  then came zelda...which i played until i beat it...so that meant no redsteel until i beat zelda..62 hrs later and 100% in zelda, i was back to redsteel.

i don't get it, some ppl are really bashing this game...but why? so far i haven't heard any legit reasoning...other than 'its sux just because' - okay..provide examples/proof/support ur ans.  sigh...

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I thought Red Steel was shallow but a immensely fun guilty pleasure of a game, I had no problems with aiming and very few glitches aside from the odd ragdoll glitch here and there. It seems a myth has built up about the supposed poor quality of this game when in fact it is not bad at all, a solid 75% would be appropriate.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

I played Red Steel way after I read how horrible it was and seeing its awful ratings. So I pretty much played the game with low expectations, and was just more suprised how much better it was. I think since I starting playing the game with low expectations, it just made the game better.

doominatorx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 doominatorx6
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
It wasnt terrible, people were just blindsided by the controls. And while they were somewhat awkward, that was probably the worst part of the game. Multiplayer was garbage too, but it shouldve scored within the 7.0-7.9 range.
sammy_m20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 sammy_m20
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

I played it back in the launch and it wasn't great yet it wasn't horrible.

*************** :roll: ***************

Xenophone_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xenophone_
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts
WHOA just got the game! I'm gonna play MSC for a while, so I'll play REDSTEEL later
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I might have bought it if it was cheaper.
swish4three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 swish4three
Member since 2003 • 384 Posts
I see it goes for 30 dollars now.  I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch.  Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts

I see it goes for 30 dollars now. I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch. Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???swish4three

Doesn't change the quality of the game or anything, but it makes it a bit more palatable.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
Say what you will, it sucked. hard.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ColonelWilks

[QUOTE="swish4three"]I see it goes for 30 dollars now. I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch. Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???Spelunker

Doesn't change the quality of the game or anything, but it makes it a bit more palatable.

If anything, that's a sign of how bad it is. 

-Red Steel comes out for $50

-Hype dies down, no one buys it because of how bad it is

-Drops $20

GameKram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 GameKram
Member since 2007 • 669 Posts
It wasn't that bad, but if you want a really good FPS hold out for Metroid Prime 3.
thisguy47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thisguy47
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
Multiplayer is effing amazing with four people. Could have used a few more maps though. I didn't play through the whole single player because thats just kinda boring to me, but from what I played, it was defintely mildly entertaining. Good timewaster.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

red steel is the best game everKingAcelll

Says the guy who gave Chibi-robo a 1.8 :| 

ThaT-Masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ThaT-Masta
Member since 2007 • 7719 Posts
[QUOTE="Spelunker"]

[QUOTE="swish4three"]I see it goes for 30 dollars now. I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch. Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???ColonelWilks

-Drops $20

No it's not. As games get older, they lower the price, like would you pay 60$ for a N64 game these days? No, you woulden't.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ColonelWilks
[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Spelunker"]

[QUOTE="swish4three"]I see it goes for 30 dollars now. I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch. Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???ThaT-Masta

-Drops $20

No it's not. As games get older, they lower the price, like would you pay 60$ for a N64 game these days? No, you woulden't.

Except red steel is less than a year old.  Halo 2 is 3 years old. Both cost $30. By your reasoning Halo 2 should be less than a much newer game.  Except, the newer game sucks and no one really wants to buy it anymore, so...

Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Spelunker
[QUOTE="ThaT-Masta"][QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Spelunker"]

[QUOTE="swish4three"]I see it goes for 30 dollars now. I don't have a wii yet but its a game I was hyped for at the launch. Those of you that don't like it that much due to the 50 dollars price tag would it be ok for 30???ColonelWilks

-Drops $20

Except red steel is less than a year old. Halo 2 is 3 years old. Both cost $30. By your reasoning Halo 2 should be less than a much newer game. Except, the newer game sucks and no one really wants to buy it anymore, so...

...except that Red Steel actually sold very well.  Red Steel has moved over a million units worldwide, despite not being all that good.   

Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts

nice enjoi avatar

and nice calvin and hobbes avatar

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
When the game's developers admits that it rushed its first wave of Wii games out the door, you know its not nearly as good as it could have been. That said, Red Steel 2 would be more than welcome from Ubi Soft, assuming they get it right this time.
ArkansasBoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#33 ArkansasBoy91
Member since 2006 • 2430 Posts
its a greatgame. but when you beat it, There is NO replay value AT ALL!
EnderofGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 EnderofGames
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

Well, the pointing had a little bit of problems, and the sword fighting wasn't the best, but that's almost as far as it goes. The story line was decent, the multi-player was awesome, especially the new "killer" mode, and the actual single player lasts one time around. Sure, not great replay value, but the original value was good.

Overall, it was a pretty good game. Not great, but still good.

clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
Hype doesn't create a game. It just makes people want it that much more. Once it disappoints, you get people saying it was awful, horrible, what have you. If you have the expectation that it will suck, then you wouldn't have bought it anyway. I don't believe any hype, I play the games that I like to play. And if people agree that they are good, so be it, if not, oh well. Red Steel wasn't good or bad. I bought TP at launch, and rented Red Steel. I beat it on that day. Well worth a rent, but not a buy.
Pepperpop10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Pepperpop10
Member since 2006 • 1548 Posts

-Drops $20

ColonelWilks
Well, according to Wikipedia, it sold 900,000 copies.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27423 Posts

When the game's developers admits that it rushed its first wave of Wii games out the door, you know its not nearly as good as it could have been. That said, Red Steel 2 would be more than welcome from Ubi Soft, assuming they get it right this time.TheLordMagnus

They were talking about all those crappy ports not RS or RRR. I thought RS was a fun game I would give it 7.0-7.9 around that area. The controls were easy as hell. I just hope RS2 has online.

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
yeah you have to play for a while to get used to it and to start liking it
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Spelunker

yeah you have to play for a while to get used to it and to start liking itsalty5674

That may be true for some, but it's hardly a definite.  I played it, and didn't like it.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ColonelWilks
[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"]

-Drops $20

Pepperpop10

Well, according to Wikipedia, it sold 900,000 copies.

Like i said, that was before the hype died down.  After people realized how bad it was, im very confident that sales dropped drastically.