Red Steel: Good or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CPT_0bvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 CPT_0bvious
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
pretty much the topic. This game has a lot of reviews over the board, from bad to really good. Is it worth the money right now, or should I wait until it is a bargain game?
djcheddar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 djcheddar
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

when the Wii was on it's way, I was excited about Red Steel. But when the Wii actually came out, and I sat down to play it, I wasn't terribly impressed.. the graphics are very dark and kind of crappy all around.. The controls are kind of lame and very disorientating.

If I were you, I would wait until they come out with a more solid FPS for the Wii, one that is crisper and is more formed to the Wii capabilities. :)

andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
not
eldascrolls4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eldascrolls4
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
not i rented it and it sucks the first thing you get to do is look at fish with ur gf
bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts
I enjoyed the game very much. It takes a few minutes to get used to the controls then it's a fun game. You can buy the game used  for around 20 - 30 so it's worth it
Ctown_Canaduh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ctown_Canaduh
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
I didn't mind it...it was one of the first wii games i had though so i was kinda forced to play it.  It kept my attention enough to beat once, haven't gone back since.  Might not be worth the full price, especially with a few other better games out there (godfather, paper mario, zelda, etc.).
Quilex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Quilex
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts
I am still playing through it and enjoying it, a lot, multi player is fun also. I would read the player reviews and make your mind up from that. At the end of the day if your not sure, rent first.
BViking78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BViking78
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
Good...
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I really like Red Steel.  :)
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

Good if you're willing to look past its flaws...

I say rent it first.  And give it some time to get used to the controls.  I hated the game at first because of the controls, but then got used to them and ended up liking it.

p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
I like it very much the games make me crazy about samurai!!
WizardsKeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WizardsKeep
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts

As long as you aren't expecting the next Halo or Metroid quality shooter, you will have alot of fun with this game.  The first level was hard because it takes time to get used to the controls, but after that everything just clicks and you'll be left wondering why you had such a hard time to begin with.

I'm glad I bought the game despite the reviews.  Don't let a few glitches and closed minded reviews stop you from enjoying Red Steel.

piggwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 piggwinn
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
I gave out good comments about Red Steel after playing it for a couple of hours and thought that some had been a bit harsh. I got used to the controls in no time but after spending a couple of weeks with it I realised I was just a little over-enthusiastic because of the new control method I guess or even just justifying my purchase. I would leave the the game on the shelves and perhaps get a Cube pad and the Metroid games and wait for the 3rd one. This is what I did and after revisiting Metriod it made me realise at how poor Red Steel really is. In retrospect I think it was very very slow and very very clumsy. The graphics are well below par and seem unfinished. I am not a graphics junky because I love Elibits and Exite Truck and think the graphics look great, much better than the glitchy mess that is Red Steel. Some will disagree I know because I did but I will swallow my pride and say I was wrong and should have been warned by those who warned me not to waste my cash.
thk123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 thk123
Member since 2005 • 831 Posts
Lol, he came here for a deffinitive answer, and you are just saying what the rest of the world is :P Sorry, I can't help you, never owned the game. TBH, it looks a little tacky, wait for BWii or Metroid or something, thats what I am doing.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Maybe not worth a buy but I say definitely rent it.  The game has some nice and cool ideas and it is one of the prettier Wii games but sometimes, the controls are hit or miss.  It can get frustrating sometimes trying to aim or use the sword.  Like I said, definitely give a try.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
If you can find it for 30 bucks or less it's definitely worth it. There's a pretty good game buried in there, you just have to get past the initially-awkward control scheme and graphical glitches. Red Steel 2, if they can fix the probs in RS1, should prove to be quite awesome.