RE:5 is not coming to the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

Look everyone RE:5 is not going to be made of the Wii, so can everyone please stop saying that they want it, need it, will scream and scream and scream until they get it.

I think our energies would be much better invested in getting Capcom to give us our own RE game a bit like RE:CV came out on the DC.

seivohc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 seivohc
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts

Yeah, it probably won't come to zie Wii, but it should because it would be best played with Wii controls, oh well.

I guess we will just get another on rails game.

butters0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 butters0
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
All the other RE games came to the wii (..::in 2008::..) why shouldent this come to the wii?
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

I'd rather have a unique RE game come to the Wii. If I wanted to play RE:5, I would get another system (or just play RE:4, it's about the same thing).

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19729 Posts

Ofcourse it won't, its the same with people saying MGS4 will come to the 360.

Go ahead and quote me.

butters0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 butters0
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
i dont like RE games so i dont care but i still think that RE 5 would come to the wii...

they made RE 4 for the wii... then they propably gonna make nr 5 too.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Look everyone RE:5 is not going to be made of the Wii, so can everyone please stop saying that they want it, need it, will scream and scream and scream until they get it.

I think our energies would be much better invested in getting Capcom to give us our own RE game a bit like RE:CV came out on the DC.

Nomad0404

You don't know that for sure.

For all we know, there might be a trailer for it tomarrow.

They brought dead rising to wii, I won't be seprized if RE5 game to wii as well.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 snover2009

Go ahead and quote me.

Nintendo_Man

MGS is a franchise that is play station exclusive, so there is no chance

RE is not xbox, play station exclusive, so there is a chance

R2K3W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R2K3W
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
i dont like RE games so i dont care but i still think that RE 5 would come to the wii...

they made RE 4 for the wii... then they propably gonna make nr 5 too.butters0
Yeah but RE4 was going from a lower powered console to a higher powered console. RE5 would be going from a high powered console to a lower powered console. I could see it happening, but you'd have to tone it down a lot. Probably like the Dead Space port.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 snover2009

youll better invest you energy into work so you can buy at least a 360 which is cheaper then a Wii nowadays and play the game , capcom cannot release RE5 because the wii cannot handle it , or do you like special wii versions that suck compared to the other consoles, a graphical/content stripped version thats the only possibility RE5 could run on the wiiAmnesiaHaze

People, stop saying the Wii can't handle RE5.

RE4 could of look over twice as good if they updated the visuals.

The only difference (truth) is that it will not be in high resolution and that only some unimportant graphical effects will be absent.

Don't believe me, what about these awsome games:

- Metroid Prime 3

- Mario Galaxy

- The Conduit (Best)

All the above have outstanding visuals, so there is no excuse CAPCOM, Publish RE5 for Wii.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 snover2009

[QUOTE="butters0"]i dont like RE games so i dont care but i still think that RE 5 would come to the wii...

they made RE 4 for the wii... then they propably gonna make nr 5 too.R2K3W
Yeah but RE4 was going from a lower powered console to a higher powered console. RE5 would be going from a high powered console to a lower powered console. I could see it happening, but you'd have to tone it down a lot. Probably like the Dead Space port.

The reason the Dead Space Port is going to be horrible is that it is from EA, they only care about money.

They make a bad version of Dead Space, sell like 10 copies, and still make money off of it because they spent little.

Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]youll better invest you energy into work so you can buy at least a 360 which is cheaper then a Wii nowadays and play the game , capcom cannot release RE5 because the wii cannot handle it , or do you like special wii versions that suck compared to the other consoles, a graphical/content stripped version thats the only possibility RE5 could run on the wiisnover2009

The only difference (truth) is that it will not be in high resolution and that only some unimportant graphical effects will be absent.

- Metroid Prime 3

- Mario Galaxy

- The Conduit (Best)

All the above have outstanding visuals, so there is no excuse CAPCOM, Publish RE5 for Wii.

Not to mension that RE 4 first came out on the GC. Capcom also relased all the other RE games on the GC. RE: REmake, RE 2, RE 3, RE 0, RE CV. Capacom took all that time and effort to make RE popular on Nintendo consoles and now they won't give us RE 5?!
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]youll better invest you energy into work so you can buy at least a 360 which is cheaper then a Wii nowadays and play the game , capcom cannot release RE5 because the wii cannot handle it , or do you like special wii versions that suck compared to the other consoles, a graphical/content stripped version thats the only possibility RE5 could run on the wiiUltamite-Ninja

- Metroid Prime 3

- Mario Galaxy

- The Conduit (Best)

Not to mension that RE 4 first came out on the GC. Capcom also relased all the other RE games on the GC. RE: REmake, RE 2, RE 3, RE 0, RE CV. Capacom took all that time and effort to make RE popular on Nintendo consoles and now they won't give us RE 5?!

While you make a very good point, i still do not see RE5 going to the WII. I believe Capcom made the mistake of thinking that the WII would not sell well when they started this game and if it does eventaully come over to the Wii it will be a at least a year from now and most of its hype will be gone, just like with the other zombie game... can not think of its tittle off the top of my head at the moment, its the one set in a mall.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]youll better invest you energy into work so you can buy at least a 360 which is cheaper then a Wii nowadays and play the game , capcom cannot release RE5 because the wii cannot handle it , or do you like special wii versions that suck compared to the other consoles, a graphical/content stripped version thats the only possibility RE5 could run on the wiiUltamite-Ninja

- Metroid Prime 3

- Mario Galaxy

- The Conduit (Best)

You know, when you put it like that, it's funny when you think about it. It also makes a lot of sense, why spend time to bring all games and make an exclusive one for nintendo to then make us go buy the ps3 or xbox to continue the series.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Veryy funny thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXj41xG6wE If Dead space can come to the Wii, then as sure as hell, RE 5 can. Who ever thought that RE4 will be ported to the ps2 and mobile?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36389 Posts
I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pices
I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.Haziqonfire
To complete the series, expand the hardcore audience and increase the number of mature games on the Wii.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pices
[QUOTE="snover2009"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Go ahead and quote me.

MGS has games on the NES (or SNES) and GameCube Yes, RE is not a console exclusive. All parts of the series were on a Sony and Nintendo console. RE 5 is the first RE game on a Microsoft console
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.

thats what i am saying and do we really need another re5 topic on the wii boards are they just to lazy to find one of the other 100 ones
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36389 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.Pices
To complete the series, expand the hardcore audience and increase the number of mature games on the Wii.

Its literally RE4.1 ... its not even resident evil anymore, its not scary. its straight up action -- and everything has been recycled, even things like the animations are taken straight from RE4.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i was also upset that some games i want wont be released on wii in the past , especially soulcalibur 4 (legends was a joke!) , but then i bought a PS3 and my nintendo collects dust since then (even tho i have a wiikey chip inside) , i recomend to buy a second console to all having same feelings about RE5 like i had about other games you wont regret it for sure , even if your just tired (bored) by the wii controls , i really appreciate the time not having to waggle so much , never understood why the classic controller is so poorly supported , i though i can at least play gamecube games with it but FAIL

dont get me wrong i love my wiis (yes i have two of em one NTSC and one PAL) but the wii just dont get any good games at all the last months (including RE5) , theres nothing that gets me play wii over PS3 ... but im looking forward for NMH2 (the first part was reason ive imported NTSC) and Madworld , i read something about redsteel 2 also somewhere , hope its no fake

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

Nah, it eventually will. Granted, by the time it gets here, nobody will care much. But it will make its way over.

Capcom's too port-happy to keep their biggest game off of the biggest system.

ComboTroop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 ComboTroop
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
Hmm...... Im afraid it won't even though when they have ported the games from other systems to Nintendo Systems, the Resident Evil games were better on Nintendo's Systems instead! And now they are betraying us in a way, but i don't care, RE5 is stupid, i think RE4 is stupid, its like Alien in reverse! Wow hes got an parasite on his back, wow its an backburster not an chestburster! Cause RE4 became less scary, cause of this Alien adaption to the so-nearly Human Zombies! I think Resident Evil 3 was the end, but no, they won't let it die, they shoulda stuck with the orinigal, shoot-in-the-head-1-hit-kill-slow-staggering-zombies!!!!
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Looking at RE5 it seems it would take alot of work to scail down the graphics. They would also have to scail down the A.I. and the online components... but Capcom knows that they would sell lots of copies if they did. If you think about this from Capcom's perspective, it's a great way to make some cash... I guess the biggest concern is that RE5 uses more buttons than RE4, the'd have use alot of button combos and motion controls and that could get ugly.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alphamale1989
I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.Haziqonfire
If your talking about the demo, yeah. But the game is supposed to get alot scarier later on... And I don't know how you get this "resident evil 4 but with new skin idea", the game has similar controls, but a different atmosphere, and the co-op elements change the game quite a bit.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dingerious

Looking at RE5 it seems it would take alot of work to scail down the graphics. They would also have to scail down the A.I. and the online components... but Capcom knows that they would sell lots of copies if they did. If you think about this from Capcom's perspective, it's a great way to make some cash... I guess the biggest concern is that RE5 uses more buttons than RE4, the'd have use alot of button combos and motion controls and that could get ugly.alphamale1989

lol, AI? Are you kidding?

The AI is ripped directly from RE4. And even though it's obvious co-op wouldn't be implemented as well, it can be done on Wii. Battalion Wars II did it.

Really, the only concerns that are valid are the buttons and graphics. The graphics are a given, but since RE4's already been pulled off, and nobody really complained about RE4's inventory system, there's no reason not to just make RE5 using RE4's gameplay and inventory system. Problem solved.

The only thing i'd hope they'd change is mapping the quick-switch of your weapons to the d-pad. That wouldn't be hard.

Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.elbert_b_23
thats what i am saying and do we really need another re5 topic on the wii boards are they just to lazy to find one of the other 100 ones

I'm not lazy I wanted to make a serious point, if Capcom wanted RE5 to be on the Wii they could have used their resources and given us a simultaneous release instead they concentrated their resources on remaking Dead Rising for the Wii - badly from what I can tell to boot.

Still the general consensus is don't give up hope.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pices

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I dont understand why people want it on Wii. Its less scary that RE4. It plays exactly like RE4. It'll just be RE4 with a new skin, just like it is now.Nomad0404

I'm not lazy I wanted to make a serious point, if Capcom wanted RE5 to be on the Wii they could have used their resources and given us a simultaneous release instead they concentrated their resources on remaking Dead Rising for the Wii - badly from what I can tell to boot.

Still the general consensus is don't give up hope.

It will be worse if they focus on the Wii while simultaneously focus on the ps3/360. They focus on the Wii after finishing the ps3/360 versions because it will be way easier for them.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alphamale1989

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Looking at RE5 it seems it would take alot of work to scail down the graphics. They would also have to scail down the A.I. and the online components... but Capcom knows that they would sell lots of copies if they did. If you think about this from Capcom's perspective, it's a great way to make some cash... I guess the biggest concern is that RE5 uses more buttons than RE4, the'd have use alot of button combos and motion controls and that could get ugly.Dingerious

The AI is ripped directly from RE4. And even though it's obvious co-op wouldn't be implemented as well, it can be done on Wii. Battalion Wars II did it.

Really, the only concerns that are valid are the buttons and graphics. The graphics are a given, but since RE4's already been pulled off, and nobody really complained about RE4's inventory system, there's no reason not to just make RE5 using RE4's gameplay and inventory system. Problem solved.

The only thing i'd hope they'd change is mapping the quick-switch of your weapons to the d-pad. That wouldn't be hard.

I suppose your right, I just assumed the AI would be better... however I'm not sure RE4's inventory system would work very well with Co-Op in RE5 since the game would have to pause whenever one of the players acesses thier inventory.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
This game is coming in about 3 to 4 years. For either the wii or wii 2. It is going to be a really bad port.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
We've got unbrella chronicles and were getting resi zero so not too bothered
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="snover2009"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Go ahead and quote me.

MGS has games on the NES (or SNES) and GameCube Yes, RE is not a console exclusive. All parts of the series were on a Sony and Nintendo console. RE 5 is the first RE game on a Microsoft console

Amazingly, you are wrong. There were never Metal Gear Solid games on the NES. The GameCube yes, and even the Xbox... but the NES, no. Those weren't Metal Gear Solid. Those were Metal Gear.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
This game is coming in about 3 to 4 years. For either the wii or wii 2. It is going to be a really bad port.WllDan7
Duh...it's coming in 1month Game: Resident Evil 5 (X360) Resident Evil 5 Release Date: Mar 13, 2009
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dingerious
[QUOTE="Dingerious"]

[QUOTE="alphamale1989"]Looking at RE5 it seems it would take alot of work to scail down the graphics. They would also have to scail down the A.I. and the online components... but Capcom knows that they would sell lots of copies if they did. If you think about this from Capcom's perspective, it's a great way to make some cash... I guess the biggest concern is that RE5 uses more buttons than RE4, the'd have use alot of button combos and motion controls and that could get ugly.alphamale1989

I suppose your right, I just assumed the AI would be better... however I'm not sure RE4's inventory system would work very well with Co-Op in RE5 since the game would have to pause whenever one of the players acesses thier inventory.

That's why the quick-switch should be implemented. Just allow a person to attach herbs and weapons to it. Problem solved.

awesomeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 awesomeray
Member since 2009 • 2880 Posts
it still doesnt make any sense to me why originally release RE4 for the gamecube then never release it for the wii :roll:
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

have any of you seen the graphics of RE5? there is absolutely no way it will appear on the wii. capcom will not be dumbing down those graphics. the engine the game was built on is too much for the wii.

plus the demo was awful and hard as hell. the controls are terrible, especially the pointer for the gun, and there was really no upgrades. since RE4, i've hated how you could only stand and shoot and this game is the same mess with slow moving zombies.

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dingerious

have any of you seen the graphics of RE5? there is absolutely no way it will appear on the wii. capcom will not be dumbing down those graphics. the engine the game was built on is too much for the wii.

plus the demo was awful and hard as hell. the controls are terrible, especially the pointer for the gun, and there was really no upgrades. since RE4, i've hated how you could only stand and shoot and this game is the same mess with slow moving zombies.

BrooklynHotBoy

Uh, have you seen Dead Rising Wii? I assure you, Capcom has NO problems dumbing down their games.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I'll be getting it for the 360 in March.

I am going to miss the Wii controls though from RE4. They were perfect for the game.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I'll be getting it for the 360 in March.

I am going to miss the Wii controls though from RE4. They were perfect for the game.

DJSAV_101

Yup, those controls were perfect.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
No one will care by the time a possible wii version is released. and even so, you're better off playing it on the consoles that it were intended for. Because wii simply doesn't get the best version of multiplats.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="Nomad0404"]

I think everyone knows that it won't be for the wii now.
k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
[QUOTE="WllDan7"]This game is coming in about 3 to 4 years. For either the wii or wii 2. It is going to be a really bad port.MonsieurX
Duh...it's coming in 1month Game: Resident Evil 5 (X360) Resident Evil 5 Release Date: Mar 13, 2009

to wiidan7, i dont know how you could possibly know that and monsieurx, i dont really think you read his post or even the topic title
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
lol Thankfully, I have a 360 because the Wii is missing a lot of games.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
[QUOTE="snover2009"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Man"]

Go ahead and quote me.

MGS is so not a ps exclusive franchise