Random Rant (Its PRO- Nintendo)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarioMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 MarioMellow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

Ok, heres my problem....

People refering to the Wii as a "kid system".

Everyday. Someone mentions the Wii as the kids system.
Well its not, its THE system. Its for EVERYONE.

Someone who is 2 to 100 yrs old.

Scarface? Mortal Kombat? Resident Evil 4 and Chronicles?
Driver? MANHUNT 2 (the practically banned game) Redsteel?
Splinter Cell? Metroid Prime 3? EVEN ZELDA was teen.
Most of those were rated M for MATURE one AO for ADULT.

How is the Wii MADE JUST FOR KIDS?

Its not, sure it has plenty of kid-friendly games..
WarioWare, Mario Party, Paper Mario.... etc
But even then, they are good games as well.

Its just sickening how most people are so sick of the Wii being so dominant in the market, they want to take every chance they get to make sure its sounds like a game system for 7 yr olds.

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against the other 2 next gen systems, just they're ignorant fanboys who go home and cry as they watch the Wii numbers go up.

END RANT, CRITICISM IS WELCOME. :D

pigfish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#2 pigfish2
Member since 2004 • 3819 Posts
I totally agree with you my brother says it's ruining gaming because of games like wii fit but i say it can only be making it better
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Fanboys and typical system wars statements."wii only has minigames","the graphixz iz teh suxorzz",always the same,I just ignore them because I know that it is not true ;)
Thx for being so open,but try saying that in System wars...the ignorance there is unbelievable.
0v3rcl0ck3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 0v3rcl0ck3d
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts

Ok, heres my problem....

Its just sickening how most people are so sick of the Wii being so dominant in the market, they want to take every chance they get to make sure its sounds like a game system for 7 yr olds.

Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against the other 2 next gen systems, just they're ignorant fanboys who go home and cry as they watch the Wii numbers go up.

MarioMellow

I totally agree with you but ont the other hand think of someone NOT into videogames, or someone who just maybr visits here casually or gets all their info just by looking at pictures and screenshots.

To them it must seem like nintendo is aiming at a younger audience.

To me also actually it seems apparent developers are feeling teh same way but o course I dont really give so long as the games are good.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Agreed
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
With ya all the way man? Sorry if ya a Girl.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

While 360 and PS3 deliver awesome next-gen experiences, they are, incidentelly, driving the industry into oblivion. All they're doing is catering for the hardcore and/or those who are rich. Games are becoming more expensive, require a LOT more staff (whatever happened to 5-10 man teams?) and more complicated. Flashier graphics now have to be fully witnessed by pouring copious amounts ofcash to cables, T.Vs and whatever is needed to beef up the gaming experience. Genres are being driven into the gorund left, right and centre and it's rare in this generation, we find such a groundbreaking and revolutionary leap forward.

While Wii is being abused by developers for cheap cash-ins, it's also being taken advantage of - in the right way. Mario Galaxy, and Metroid might not deliver a groundbreaking leap forward - but it's the closest thing I've seen next to photorealistic graphics and unprecedented interactive physics. It's a different kind of leap. And although it may not be showing as much as it could - it's allowing MORE creativity and creative freedom than any other platform out there. And as soon as developers stop rushing in PS2 ports, they'll realise this.

necorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 necorium
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts
i totally agree.. but the constant critisism is because the fanboys (and ignorant) have no were else to turn. Wii is THE system built for fun for everybody.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

While 360 and PS3 deliver awesome next-gen experiences, they are, incidentelly, driving the industry into oblivion. All they're doing is catering for the hardcore and/or those who are rich. Games are becoming more expensive, require a LOT more staff (whatever happened to 5-10 man teams?) and more complicated. Flashier graphics now have to be fully witnessed by pouring copious amounts ofcash to cables, T.Vs and whatever is needed to beef up the gaming experience. Genres are being driven into the gorund left, right and centre and it's rare in this generation, we find such a groundbreaking and revolutionary leap forward.

While Wii is being abused by developers for cheap cash-ins, it's also being taken advantage of - in the right way. Mario Galaxy, and Metroid might not deliver a groundbreaking leap forward - but it's the closest thing I've seen next to photorealistic graphics and unprecedented interactive physics. It's a different kind of leap. And although it may not be showing as much as it could - it's allowing MORE creativity and creative freedom than any other platform out there. And as soon as developers stop rushing in PS2 ports, they'll realise this.

Optusnet

:o Man, where do you get all that, so true, You enlightened me lol

necorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 necorium
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts
oh.. and look at my sig.. i made it about 8 months before the Wii came out.. and its even more relevant than ever now..
AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts
The Devs need to stop with the "Cash-In" games and start making some good ones. The same thing happened with the DS till about Advanced Wars came out then it started rolling out great games from all genre's. I like both's abilites but when devs only think of what they can do with the controls they forget about the other important parts of a game.
fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts

oh.. and look at my sig.. i made it about 8 months before the Wii came out.. and its even more relevant than ever now.. necorium

i like your sig,

i pray to my wii everyday lol *sarcasm*

Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

Uh? Farcry, Manhunt, Resident Evil, are all rated M. The Wii has only been around for less then a year, if your that blood thursty go buy a 360.

The fact of the matter is, Nintendo is the only retro company from the 80s that is still wealthy enough to have new consoles in production. Nintendo dosn't need blood and guts to be sucessful, because they are the King of Video Gaming.

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
Ya I hate that people refer to the Wii as a kiddie system, I say ship off all the fanboys to and island where they can beat each other to bloody pulps with their 360 and PS3 controllers.
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Regginator14520

Ya I hate that people refer to the Wii as a kiddie system, I say ship off all the fanboys to and island where they can beat each other to bloody pulps with their 360 and PS3 controllers. spendinbig

agreed very much

unkwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 unkwon
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Kiddie? That is soo 2001! That is something I have not heard in 2 years. I don't even think the Kiddy aurguement is even worth pouting about anymore.

Most of the crap I hear is "The graphics and specs sucks", "PS2 PORTS FTW", "Gimmicky MINI GAME-FEST!".

Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Regginator14520

Kiddie? That is soo 2001! That is something I have not heard in 2 years. I don't even think the Kiddy aurguement is even worth pouting about anymore.

Most of the crap I hear is "The graphics and specs sucks", "PS2 PORTS FTW", "Gimmicky MINI GAME-FEST!".

unkwon

oh ya... well if people want to come up with all these stupid names for the Wii, is because they have nothing better to do I suppose. Look at us Wii owners, playing games. Look at those "others" making up names, well for those others, BE JELOUS, because Wii is number one. Nintendo has always been number one, Sony and Microsoft choose to polute their "entertainment" consoles with all these multimedia addons that have nothing to do with gaming. Nintendo has the only true "Gaming" consoles.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
if these fanboys have all this time to critiscize the wii and make name that means they not hav nothing better to do and means their system isnt satisfying them that they gotta bring down others or they jealous or need a life either way
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

Ok, heres my problem....

MarioMellow
Agreed, we need to create a mob and fight the fanboys off with our torch and pitch forks.
cubedman990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cubedman990
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts

Optusnet
Dpeaking of small dev teams, do you remember Rare's GoldenEye development team? That was like 12 people, adn ther majority of them were rookies! That's what made the game so great :)
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Regginator14520
The problem is people who have no life poke fun at Nintendo in general ever since Sony decided to develope gaming consoles. Ever since the early 2000s, people have adopted to playing bloody violent foul games, which in most cases was developed for Playstation 2 or XBox consoles, meanwhile the Gamecube console stayed clean from that stuff. So Nintendo had to work hard to unpollute gaming and replace the trash with innovation, and behold the DS and the Wii.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I dont know how can fanboys say that the nintendo systems are kiddie?

N64.. conker's,golden eye,perfect dark,starcraft etc.

GC.. Resident evil 0-4 , code veronica, eternal darkness, Bmx xxx, geist, killer 7..

Wii.. resident evil,farcry,the godfather,driver,scarface,red steel.

swashbux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 swashbux
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
Yeah, but that list is so short compared to the other systems.
Avatar image for saberwolf102002
saberwolf102002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 saberwolf102002
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts

man i totally agree! Nintendo is the Godfather of the Video Gam industry and ppl think that Microsoft really is....THEY ONLY LIKE MICROSOFT JUST FOR HALO!!!! my god that game needs to die no offense to any non-frequent Halo players like myself i mean i like the game but i don't sit on my ass and play it all damn day now as for Nintendo, i love them to death and grown up with Nintendo ever since i was born and im so tired of ppl saying the Wii is for kids which it isn't....Wii is for everybody!!! and it has some great games for all types like Medal of Honor, RE4, Madden 07, Manhunt 2 for crying out loud!, and especially Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and Zelda Twilight Princess....theres even Wii Sports and thats meant for EVERYONE to play alongside with Wii Fit, WarioWare and others. I like Microsoft and Sony but Nintendo is my number 1 fav. please take no offense if i've made anyone upset about Halo b/c there are a lot of ppl that play it all day like the soul consuming game WoW

Also, everyone likes the 360 and PS3 just because of the graphics.....i could care less for the graphics....its all about Gameplay and sometimes both Gameplay and Story depending on the game and as for Gameplay, the Wii shows how games can be even more fun than just on your average controller for Wii games =) and the VC games same ol' games with a different controller is all im saying =P

firebirdboi06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#25 firebirdboi06
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

I am such an oddball when it comes to discussions like this.

See, I agree that Nintendo is doing the best stuff right now in video gaming, hands down. But that doesn't mean the other systems are inherently bad. Some games on the other systems are inventive in thier own way (LocoRoco for PSP or Viva Pinata for example) and then some cross-platform games are betteron another system (Marvel Ultimate Alliance on 360 has downloadable characters to play as which alters the storyline.) The Wii and DS are easily my first choice for good gaming, but there is no inherently bad system just because one rocks.

marioman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 marioman1
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts

Optusnet

Very well written, this is probably the most accurate perception I've seen of whats happening with video games these days.  Not biased by ignorant "fanboy" babble.  GREAT post.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
totaly agree with u. may be nintendo should release manhunt 2 with the ao rating so they can shut up all the sony and microsoft fanboys.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
Yeah, but that list is so short compared to the other systems.
swashbux

That's because the other systems have cornered themselves into a specific demographic. If they offered anything other than what they do, their sales and loyal fans would drop drastically.
The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]Fanboys and typical system wars statements."wii only has minigames","the graphixz iz teh suxorzz"/QUOTE]

But isn't that pretty close to the truth? I mean current and future Wii games will have bad graphics, heck Wii hasn't even exceeded GC when it comes to graphics yet. And there are too many minigames on Wii at the moment. Someday u say... Well, someday never comes! I mean anything Wii can run, so can GC, deal with it fanboys. Wii is GC with a new controller, and I love it! I mean Wii is great although teh graphix is teh suxxor. Future Wii games like F-Zero, Mario Kart, Corruption and SSBB will be great. No, not great but excellent and better than all future and current xbox1.5 games, deal with it xbots.

MarioMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 MarioMellow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
Ha, yeah this probably does belong there but I was just in rant mode and wasn't paying attention. :shock:

Thx for being so open,but try saying that in System wars...the ignorance there is unbelievable.Lto_thaG
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

I totally 100% agree with you!

Maybe people should actually PLAY the Wii and PLAY some real games on it before giving their opinion -_-
People annoy me so much.

7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

Optusnet

Agreed.