Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TMA_Hayabusa
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Hello, I have a quick joycon question.

I have a day one swtich, but I have barely played it. Recently I got Octopath Traveler and Pokémon Lets Go and in the Octopath I noticed that the left joycon is not accurate, the caracter seems to move on its own and its not very responsive.

And on Pokemon, I notice that when trying to go down, the character does not run, it walks and sometimes run.

Then I remember that at the switch launch the left joycon had issues about being disconnected and such.

Has this been fixed in new joycon models? I am wondering if the solution is to buy a new set of controllers but I dont want to spend the cash if this has not been fixed. please advise.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@tma_hayabusa said:

Hello, I have a quick joycon question.

I have a day one swtich, but I have barely played it. Recently I got Octopath Traveler and Pokémon Lets Go and in the Octopath I noticed that the left joycon is not accurate, the caracter seems to move on its own and its not very responsive.

And on Pokemon, I notice that when trying to go down, the character does not run, it walks and sometimes run.

Then I remember that at the switch launch the left joycon had issues about being disconnected and such.

Has this been fixed in new joycon models? I am wondering if the solution is to buy a new set of controllers but I dont want to spend the cash if this has not been fixed. please advise.

you can try updating you joycon. go to settings then go to controllers. and click on update controller.

if this doesnt work then you might have to send it to nintendo for repair. it only takes about a week and is free if you have warranty. just register your switch on nintendo.com and youll get a warranty.

CrunchyMix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 CrunchyMix
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

I had to send two different left Joy Cons in for new ones. They get them to you pretty fast though. It’s been quite a while since I did that, but it’s possible there’s old stock out there even if they have fixed it recently.