Question about Ridge Racer 3D

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

Hi

I got my pre-ordered 3DS cancelled due many sad reasons but I'm still planning to get it sometime soon. There are few titles to really interest me actually and wanted to be sure about Ridge Racer category

I love arcade racers (ala Need for Speed), but not simulators. Where Ridge Racer fits?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It's an arcade racer.
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

ya, arcade

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Thanks a lot! Regards
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

It simulates and arcade racer :P

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It's so much of an arcade racer, it's on the entirely opposite end of the spectrum in comparison to a simulator. The thing you need to know about RR is that its drift dynamics are completely unrealistic. It's almost like you're racing slot cars because of how well they stick to track drifting as fast as they do. It also has some incredibly unfair moments that might make you want to give up. If you're the type of racing game fan that just has to have first on every race, then you'll keep coming back for more. :)
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Yeah, I don't really get Ridge Racer... that kind of game was fun at Chuck E Cheese when I was like 10... but not so much anymore. If I'm going to play something that isn't even remotely realistic, I'll go all the way and play Wipeout or a kart game. BTW, Ridge Racer is REALLY an arcade racer TC... much more so than Need for Speed.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

As most have said it is an arcade racer, but a very enjoyable one with a robust career mode that will last you awhile. I have 20+ hours into the game according to my activity log, and I am only 70% complete with the Gran Prix. It has gotten very tough by this point so if you enjoy a challenge, pick this up!

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

A question for everyone who is playing this game: What kind of drift controls do you use, standard or one button? This is my first Ridge Racer game so I have been using one button drift but it seems like this limits my drift radius. Would it be better to go with standard drift controls? Is it more difficult to enter and exit drifts with standard controls. It sounds complicated.