quastions about 3ds please help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

hey guys, im thinking about getting a 3ds, unfortunitly im forced to use sprint 3g mobil net access for my home enternet and it has a 5gig a month data cap""thanks sprint". So i was woundering, does the 3ds have any large size system updates? i would think not as it afaik has a small internal memmory compaired to a PC for example but id like to be sure. Also could i use the 3ds with out ever needing to hook it up to the enternet? the way my net hooks up to my PC makes it very hard to share it with other things. took me a long while to figure out how to share it with my ps3 over a lan cable, huge pain. I dont have a clue how i would share it with the 3ds. i dont have any kind of wireless router nore do i know if they make one for the type of modem i use. Any way i understand i would not be able to play MP games or use any of the online services wich im fine with as i like SP games and im not worried about any kind of streaming movies ect,i just want to go to a store, buy a game and play it :), what im woundering is would i need to have the 3ds hooked up to the net for system updates and game patchs to be able to play SP physcal copie games.

Thanks in advance guys.

Unkn0wnaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Unkn0wnaddict
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I just got the 3ds a few weeks ago. As far as I know , yes you do need an Internet connection in order to update. I will let you know if I figure out anything else.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

A brand new one might want you to system update, but you should be able to ignore it and just play games anyway.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

thanks for the replies. i remember when i had a wii, some of the new games would come with necassary "spelling" system updates on the disk wich was super handy. any one know if the 3ds games are like that?

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#5 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

thanks for the replies. i remember when i had a wii, some of the new games would come with necassary "spelling" system updates on the disk wich was super handy. any one know if the 3ds games are like that?

Wild_Card

I think I recall people mentioning Mario Kart 7 had a system update on the card but I'm not sure...