Problems with Touch Screen and might sell DS Lite!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonicphoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

User Lists: 0

#1 sonicphoto
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
Hello! I am having a terrible time with my Nintendo DS because my touch screen doesn't work. It sometimes touches but not enough to even select a file on zelda ph. I did try cleaning the sides of the touch screen and I also tried recalibrating MANY times and still does not work. And the worst thing is that now I basically can't play zelda ph. My warranty has expired so if I send it to Nintendo it will cost me 75 bucks which is a lot of money. So if anybody knows how to solve this problem, please tell me! Then comes the second option of giving it in trade-in at ebgames but now my question is then how much do they give you for a nintendo DS Lite?
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

1. Try calling Nintendo if you haven't already, their customer service is usually very understanding.

2. Gamestop and EBGames, to the best of my knowledge, will not accept a defective unit for trade in value, as they'd be reselling it to someone else.

lethal18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lethal18
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts
dont know how much they would give at GS, but I dont think you would get 75 for it.
bernieberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bernieberry
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
I agree with Revolutionfrea try calling Nintendo maybe they can help. You will not be able to sell this to anybody, especially if you know it is already defective.
lrrydaqcumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 lrrydaqcumber
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
Yeah, i would call nintenedo
godoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 godoo
Member since 2005 • 932 Posts
you probly press to hard on the screen...thats just being stupid the next DS you get dont press so hard ont he touch screen
dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Hello! I am having a terrible time with my Nintendo DS because my touch screen doesn't work. It sometimes touches but not enough to even select a file on zelda ph. I did try cleaning the sides of the touch screen and I also tried recalibrating MANY times and still does not work. And the worst thing is that now I basically can't play zelda ph. My warranty has expired so if I send it to Nintendo it will cost me 75 bucks which is a lot of money. So if anybody knows how to solve this problem, please tell me! Then comes the second option of giving it in trade-in at ebgames but now my question is then how much do they give you for a nintendo DS Lite?sonicphoto

Have you already tried other 'methods' of using the stylus&touchscreen. 'cause just 'hammering' on the touchscreen doesn't work very often, the best method is just to let your stylus rest on your screen and push your screen in just a bit (these two steps are done in a split-second though).

Sorry if I sound stupid, but a lot of gamers tend to hammer on the screen and if that doesn't give any response the natural thing to do is to hammer even harder... So maybe this could work for you???!

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Definitly call nintendo and get it fixed.
guppieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 guppieface
Member since 2004 • 1085 Posts
sell it to gamestop and act like it works. give em a false phone number. wear a troll mask.
nedal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nedal14
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

sell it to gamestop and act like it works. give em a false phone number. wear a troll mask.guppieface

omg the best idea ever were didu get that from?????!!!

sonicphoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#11 sonicphoto
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
No I did not hammer my screen like those dumb kids that destroyed the DS booths on the stores. I always touched gently. I only tried pushing harder now to see if it could work and it works a bit when pushing harder but not much. That's why I am pretty much confuse how it stopped working cause I basically was playing all well zelda ph then the next day it stops working all of a sudden.