Problem with my Ds (Hardware)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

my L-trigger isn't working anymore. There seems to be a problem in the A button aswell (sometimes when playing Mario Kart, the car sometimes decelerrates). Aside from that, the touchscreen is malfunctioning as well (as if somene is always pointing at the lower right corner of the ds screen).

Are these problem still repairable?

If yes, would you reccomend buying a new DS instead of repairing?

hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts

my L-trigger isn't working anymore. There seems to be a problem in the A button aswell (sometimes when playing Mario Kart, the car sometimes decelerrates). Aside from that, the touchscreen is malfunctioning as well (as if somene is always pointing at the lower right corner of the ds screen).

nitekids2004

my L trigger got busted due to that lost magic game (L button mashing hehe).. i'm pretty sure there are a lot of nintendo shops that can repair the button problems.. im not sure about the touchscreen though.. might cost you a lot.. i have my unit replaced because it was still under warranty.. good luck.. :)

foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts
I've never got problems with my DS, guess i'm pretty careful and tender towards it xD
But i've heard that repairing those stuff cost quite a lot, and some would opt to just buy a new DS/Lite.
You should wait till someone with experience with this to fill you out with the details, Best of Luck for getting a good deal whether you are repairing or buying a new one.
superweasle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 superweasle
Member since 2005 • 803 Posts
have you tried re-calibrating the touch screen?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If it's a year old or under it's covered by Nintendo and you just have to call them and set up a repair order

If it's over a year old just buy a new DS, it's not worth spending 2/3'rds of the price of one new for a repaired or refurbished model. Just grab a new one and get another one year warranty (that comes free of charge from Nintendo)

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

nitekids2004

I would recommend taking it to a repair shop first, then if that doesn't work, buy another.

pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts
I've had the same touch screen problem since the first day I got my DS. I never found out what caused it, but it was negligible. Calibrating it does nothing BTW.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys!

i tried calibrating the touch screen and it doesnt seem to help.

memosomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 memosomething
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I was told by someone without experience in these things that these problems are result of too much dust. I'm experiencing the problem of the triggers and the touchscreen. To fix your L trigger, just blow as hard as you can in order to push the dust away. It worked for me. About the touchscreen, i'm still trying to get a respnse to my country's tecnhical service
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I've had the same touch screen problem since the first day I got my DS. I never found out what caused it, but it was negligible. Calibrating it does nothing BTW.pikaby
You know you could have had it repaired or replaced for free, if you sent it in to Nintendo within the year you got it.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys!

i tried calibrating the touch screen and it doesnt seem to help.

nitekids2004
Is it still only a year since you got your DS? If so, you could get it repaired for free by Nintendo.