Price to get "L" button repaired?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I was playing Mario Kart when suddenly my L button on my DS stopped working. This is the first time this has happened, and I was hoping that people could post advice and price estimates for me as a look at Nintendo.com. Even posting experiences could be of use.

And yes, this is another "I broke my DS" thread. I'm just worried and am in need of advice.

Thanks -

Avatar image for nintendonerd101
nintendonerd101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 nintendonerd101
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
Hmmm, well it cost's roughly some air from your lungs. lol, seriously, all it probably is is that some dust got in there. If you look around on the forums, you'll see where several people have had this problem in the past (myself included). Just put your mouth over the side of the button and blow hard a few times. That will most likely fix the problem. Keep in mind if that doesn't work the first time, just try it a few more times. Also, it will likely need the same treatment on several consequent uses of the ds. Just remember to blow into the button whenever it stops working.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

it is a nintendo DS right?

try blowing on it :P

RichyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RichyRulez
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts
If you actually want to get it repaired at a store, I've done it a few times, it costs $25 (Canadian Dollars)
Cheagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Cheagle
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts
hahaha, this L button problem just recently happend to me too, so i took the advice on this forrum and it totally worked LOL
tdgameriscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tdgameriscool
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
I called nintendo and they told me 80 bucks i think its different thoug because also iit doesnt read games and how can u fix it
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

I was playing Mario Kart when suddenly my L button on my DS stopped working. This is the first time this has happened, and I was hoping that people could post advice and price estimates for me as a look at Nintendo.com. Even posting experiences could be of use.

And yes, this is another "I broke my DS" thread. I'm just worried and am in need of advice.

Thanks -

korino55

You can still fix it yourself. Try blowing it, on the sides. Hot breath can also work. It sounds crazy I know, but my L button works 100% of the time now(used to be a bit faulty)

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

Thanks so much to everyone who replied. When I woke up this morning, I gently and warmly blew into the L button, and it immediately started working.

Thanks again.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Thanks so much to everyone who replied. When I woke up this morning, I gently and warmly blew into the L button, and it immediately started working.

Thanks again.

korino55

Was happy to help :)

greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts

it is a nintendo DS right?

try blowing on it :P

Jdog30

Haha wow I've never heard of this problem before but I'm glad I scanned over the topic for future use.

LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts
I have yet to have this problem with mine.