Prediction - Nintendo direct this month

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Based on history - it's safe to assume a direct will come out this month. I think Nintendo will blow us away. They planned 2017 well, and they will want to carry on the momentum somehow.

I feel we will get some surprise announcements from third-party developers. 2017 was so crowded, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo held off on some to get people talking. I doubt we will see anything on Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon yet.

Thoughts?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Oh man, I really have no idea what to expect. Usually I have a pretty good idea on what to expect from these things, but this time around, I'm really not sure. Nintendo are in a new position right now. They have bolstered their development team (merging console and handheld developers) and are on a roll. At the same time, I don't know if they can really keep the momentum for a big game every 1-2 months. Furthermore, whether they would want to save any big surprises for E3, or if they just blow their reveals now, and get more hands on for E3. Anything is possible, which makes for a pretty exciting Direct!

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aki2017

@trugs26: It really does feel like anything is possible. I'm hoping they put the Unreal Engine to good use as well. I know it's a strange thing, but the YOSHI game runs off of it and it looks amazing. Also making the prediction Metroid Prime 4 will run off unreal. Makes sense with it being a first person experience.

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

@aki2017 said:

@trugs26: It really does feel like anything is possible. I'm hoping they put the Unreal Engine to good use as well. I know it's a strange thing, but the YOSHI game runs off of it and it looks amazing. Also making the prediction Metroid Prime 4 will run off unreal. Makes sense with it being a first person experience.

UE4 offers support for all genres. It's just an engine... you can do whatever you want with it, including games with crap graphics.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aki2017

@Rovelius said:
@aki2017 said:

UE4 offers support for all genres. It's just an engine... you can do whatever you want with it, including games with crap graphics.

It does support all genres now, yes but it's been said it's even easier to develop for FPS since that was its original purpose with the Unreal series. I'm sure the graphics in Metroid Prime 4 will be amazing. Each othe r game in the series has