Possible problem with Metroid Trilogy...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thing1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thing1232
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

I really enjoyed the first two metroids but didn't really like the third one. Mainly due to the load times when going to a new area through a door. This was caused from the larger disc on the Wii. But since the other two metroids are graphically worse there may not be a problem.Or Nintendo may fix it all together. What do you guys think?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
The average load times for the doors were maybe 2-3 seconds longer in Prime 3 than in the other two. THAT is the main reason you didn't like the 3rd one, because loading times are slightly longer :question: Another thing, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were released on the Gamecube, and Prime 3 was released on the Wii, which is naturally graphically superior. For graphics, there's nothing to fix.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Load times are apparently shorter in the trilogy, I dont know if that applies to all 3 games or just the first 2. I dont think Prime 3 had longer loading times because of the size of the disc, i have not heard of that before.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
load times seemed the same to me, or at least there was no discernable difference between the 3. You make it sound like its Mass Effect or something.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

load times seemed the same to me, or at least there was no discernable difference between the 3. You make it sound like its Mass Effect or something.Sepewrath

Oh my.. the elevators... At least they gave you party member dialog and radio announcements to help the trip go a little faster:P

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Load times are apparently shorter in the trilogy, I dont know if that applies to all 3 games or just the first 2. I dont think Prime 3 had longer loading times because of the size of the disc, i have not heard of that before.

Scythes777
Yeah disc size is not the problem, I plan on picking it up though.
Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
Oh hmmm ... I've never noticed the different load times honestly. But I don't know, I don't see that it should matter too much to be something that should influence the decision to buy the game or not, or even what reception it should get. Well I guess we'll see the final package with it when we get our hands on it.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

All I can atest to is that I have never heard of load times having anything to do with the physical size of the disc....And I don't remember ANY load times from teh first two. You'd shoot the door, it would open, and there was the next area.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I can't wait for the Trilogy.

I didn't play the first two much, because I couldn't stand the controls.

Edit: And I don't remember any load times...

Maybe you disc was scratched? Or something...

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#10 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

All I can atest to is that I have never heard of load times having anything to do with the physical size of the disc....And I don't remember ANY load times from teh first two. You'd shoot the door, it would open, and there was the next area.

firefox59
No there were times where the door would halt, and you'd hear the disc being read urgently. But I prefer this style of loading to say a loading screen.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

so_hai

No there were times where the door would halt, and you'd hear the disc being read urgently. But I prefer this style of loading to say a loading screen.

I agree. I have all the Prime games and TC is right about the longer load times in MP3. It has nothing to do with disk size since it's not dual layered or anything like that. I suspect it has something to do with the bigger, more detailed levels and bloom/HDR lighting programs. I could be wrong on that.

At least the "door graphics" look nice in MP3. Especially in the Pirate Homeworld. Some of the best looking artwork I've sen in any game.

Thing1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thing1232

Well I find it rather strange that only one other person here has the load time problem with the door. At the time of the post I wasn't thinking about the lighting effects, those could take up a pretty good amount more load time. But what i don't understand is that basically no-one here has the long load times. My understanding is that the gamecube's discs were naturally fast loaders due to there size. The Wii got rid of the fast load times for the majority of the games, just from having larger discs. My load times were from 10 - 15 seconds per door, completely outrageous considering it came from load times that were barely noticelable.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Scythes777

I have long load times in MP3 as well and they do occur every so often but its not every door. In the first 2 games though the load times are almost always short.

Thing1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thing1232

In certain areas there were doors that would have to load consecutivly. But not all doors, it just depended on the detail of the area.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scythes777

Yea I was playing it today and its just usually the larger areas that take longer, it can get annoying though.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Well I find it rather strange that only one other person here has the load time problem with the door. At the time of the post I wasn't thinking about the lighting effects, those could take up a pretty good amount more load time. But what i don't understand is that basically no-one here has the long load times. My understanding is that the gamecube's discs were naturally fast loaders due to there size. The Wii got rid of the fast load times for the majority of the games, just from having larger discs. My load times were from 10 - 15 seconds per door, completely outrageous considering it came from load times that were barely noticelable.

Thing1232

Perhaps it's just that most people here don't find the load times annoying. I don't know if the disc speed is slower than the GC but I do know the Wii uses the same optical disc technology as the GC(used to avoid pirated games and DVD royalty fees). The fast loading was a direct result of the 24MB of 1T-SRAM, which loaded data faster then most conventional RAM. Due to backward compatibility, the Wii also uses the same amount of 1T-SRAM as well as additional RAM in GDDR3 form, which the GC didn't have. I've played the Primes recently but there is in fact load times in Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Even more so if you realize there are more "elevator" load times in Prime 1/2 than in MP3 AND the rooms in MP1/2 are significantly smaller than the mostly wide open levels in MP3. Factor in additional enemy and environment details and more RAM to fill to pull it off, you have a few more seconds of load. Again, I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but it's the most reasonable explaination.

Avatar image for swrdof1000trths
swrdof1000trths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#17 swrdof1000trths
Member since 2006 • 7910 Posts

I noticed few doors that took a while but most of them opened right up after 2-3 seconds. That's how I remember the first 2 were also.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
The load times are quite good in my opinion, but i guess after playing mass effect, anything will be shorter :P I think the only problem is that the package will be too much awesome on one disc. :P