Poll: Does anyone dislike the walking feature? (Well coin cap)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts

No but seriously... It just ticks me off that I am on the East Coast (represent!) and its alreasy passed midnight (thats 12:00am kiddies) and I've already racked up 814 steps...

Anyone else upset about this?

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I don't dislike it but it would be better if the coins were worth something useful or more interesting.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
I just wish the cap was higher.... or no cap at all. :D
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

I understand why the cap is there, but it is frustarating

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Babugee
well im pretty sure they will implement it in a nice way in a future game but its just annoying waking up the next day and realizing that walking another 20 steps and im at the cap for the day... :(
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah i understand why the cap is there but its def too low. I do a lot of walking and i max out the cap quite quickly.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

I understand why the cap is there, but it is frustarating

Silos911
This. I want to get all the hats from the RPG already. :(
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I don't use the feature.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts
I walk around my college campus all the time... I really wish there wasn't a cap so I can fully rewarded for what I do anyway. And as AstralDrmz has said, I really want all the hats. :)
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

They should give a Coin for 1000 steps and still make a cap at 10 coins a day. I do like the idea to motivate people to take it with them to support StreetPass, but it's just dumb if you can get them within minutes :S

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

They should give a Coin for 1000 steps and still make a cap at 10 coins a day. I do like the idea to motivate people to take it with them to support StreetPass, but it's just dumb if you can get them within minutes :S

ArchoNils2
I kind of like this idea. Maybe 1000 is a bit high but at least this way people would be rewarded for putting in extra effort.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I think the cap is fine. Otherwise, you'll have a bunch idiots suing Nintendo over injuries they sustained to their arms shaking the 3DS all day.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TankZorz
I think the cap is fine. Otherwise, you'll have a bunch idiots suing Nintendo over injuries they sustained to their arms shaking the 3DS all day. JustPlainLucas
lmao. How that they prove it's from the 3DS and not... something else...
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Yeah, I do feel it's too low. While I understand the desire to prevent "gaming" of coins, the daily limit is too easy to reach without even trying. You don't have to put in any additional effort to walk a bit more, the coins just come to you.
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Babugee
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I think the cap is fine. Otherwise, you'll have a bunch idiots suing Nintendo over injuries they sustained to their arms shaking the 3DS all day. TankZorz
lmao. How that they prove it's from the 3DS and not... something else...

ewwwww
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Babugee
[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

TankZorz
I kind of like this idea. Maybe 1000 is a bit high but at least this way people would be rewarded for putting in extra effort.

haha i think I would love this... or 500 steps per coin
thor0298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thor0298
Member since 2004 • 737 Posts

I think the number of steps per coin should move up. Too easy to get them now. And maybe a cap of 20. As more games that come out that use them, I think the coins will be more of a necessity.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TankZorz
I doubt Nintendo will change anything but if they do, I hope they don't change the cap.
SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

the coin cap doesnt bother me at this time cause I dont have anything to spend them on atm..

and I missed something somewhere, umm what are these so called "Hats" that some of you are talking about ??

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TankZorz

the coin cap doesnt bother me at this time cause I dont have anything to spend them on atm..

and I missed something somewhere, umm what are these so called "Hats" that some of you are talking about ??

SnowyPaws
If you go through the little Mii adventure game called "Find Mii" or the Puzzle pieces game, you can get hats that you can put on your Mii in the Mii Plaza.
SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

[QUOTE="SnowyPaws"]

TankZorz

If you go through the little Mii adventure game called "Find Mii" or the Puzzle pieces game, you can get hats that you can put on your Mii in the Mii Plaza.

Ah ok ty... finally I have a reason to collect puzzle pieces and something to spend my coins on :)

I tried the game and those dang ghost either scared my mii or when my mii went to attack it said it got bored and walked away from the ghost.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I walk 5,000 steps a day. The cap should be at least 30-40.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I understand and like how the feature is.

I mean, it would take a lot of walking around the house to max out the points. But if you actually went out for a walk, it doesn't take long. But that's the point, to take it out in the first place.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I think they should make it more than 100 steps for a coin but make the coin per day limit alot higher if even have one. I walked 20,000k steps on sunday alone and it sucked to be limited to only the 10 coins.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I think they should make it more than 100 steps for a coin but make the coin per day limit alot higher if even have one. I walked 20,000k steps on sunday alone and it sucked to be limited to only the 10 coins. AutoPilotOn

I think the limit makes sense, otherwise it would be easily exploitable.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

I understand and like how the feature is.

I mean, it would take a lot of walking around the house to max out the points. But if you actually went out for a walk, it doesn't take long. But that's the point, to take it out in the first place.

trugs26

I've found that even if I stay confined to my house I still have no problem exceeding the limit.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I think they should make it more than 100 steps for a coin but make the coin per day limit alot higher if even have one. I walked 20,000k steps on sunday alone and it sucked to be limited to only the 10 coins. trugs26

yea but I wish you had to walk more than 100 steps. It would make going for a walk even more fun to know I got more coins. Or maybe the first 10 were 100 steps then after that would only get 1 coin for 1000 steps of something

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
The whole point is to get people to walk, but you can get 1000 steps easily so it's not really getting people to do anything, they should increase it to 10,000 or something
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AutoPilotOn
The whole point is to get people to walk, but you can get 1000 steps easily so it's not really getting people to do anything, they should increase it to 10,000 or somethingbobbetybob
yea exactly. I like the coins for walking but 1000 steps maxes out my daily coins? Come on I get that before I leave my house.
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Babugee

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I think they should make it more than 100 steps for a coin but make the coin per day limit alot higher if even have one. I walked 20,000k steps on sunday alone and it sucked to be limited to only the 10 coins. trugs26

how so if they were to make the cap higher? and especially if you have to pay for figures in SF or puzzle pieces in the mii game or 2 coins PER HERO in that dumb rpg game... it makes me mad since it takes me several days to win one battle since everyone runs away plus purchasing puzzle pieces... i can only do so much with 10 coins per day :-

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TankZorz

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I think they should make it more than 100 steps for a coin but make the coin per day limit alot higher if even have one. I walked 20,000k steps on sunday alone and it sucked to be limited to only the 10 coins. Babugee

how so if they were to make the cap higher? and especially if you have to pay for figures in SF or puzzle pieces in the mii game or 2 coins PER HERO in that dumb rpg game... it makes me mad since it takes me several days to win one battle since everyone runs away plus purchasing puzzle pieces... i can only do so much with 10 coins per day :-

That's the point. If you could beat the games in 2 days, you would still be complaining. I'm really enjoying the little adventure game. Being limited forces me to be more strategic in how I use my heroes. The only thing that annoys me is that 4/5 puzzle pieces I've bought in the last few days have gone to spots that were already filled.

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Babugee

That's the point. If you could beat the games in 2 days, you would still be complaining. I'm really enjoying the little adventure game. Being limited forces me to be more strategic in how I use my heroes. The only thing that annoys me is that 4/5 puzzle pieces I've bought in the last few days have gone to spots that were already filled.TankZorz
Wait.... So those 10 rooms shown on the screen is the ENTIRE game? If it is it KIND OF makes more sense.. But it shouldn't take me days just to defeat one ghost because I'm limited by coins >_>

Everyday its purchase 2 heroes.. 2 puzzle pieces.. Try a figurine.. :(

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TankZorz
Everyday, I get 4 heroes and one puzzle piece. Are you trading coins for figurines in SSFIV? It's much easier to just go through arcade mode and have enough to get 6 or 7 figurines.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#34 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I really wouldn't want anything changed. If you could store more coins or obtain coins more easily, then people would breeze right through Find Mii and the puzzle mini-game, and there wouldn't really be any incentive to do anything. Those games are meant to be played every now and then with saved coins, not for hours on end like a full-featured game.

Also I don't know how coins will be used in games in the future, but if they are changed too much then it might impact the difficulty of those games. In some games, you can buy in-game items with your coins rather than using the in-game money. While it isn't a huge deal, a person with a crapload of coins could get an overpowered item and blast through the game without really working for it, shortening the amount of gameplay time for themselves.

Mini2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mini2
Member since 2003 • 129 Posts

yea but I wish you had to walk more than 100 steps. It would make going for a walk even more fun to know I got more coins. Or maybe the first 10 were 100 steps then after that would only get 1 coin for 1000 steps of something

AutoPilotOn

This.

For the first ten coins, let it be 1 coin / 100 steps. Then move it up to 1 coin / 500 steps for the next ten coins, and so forth. This way, there's no limit, but it gets harder to get coins.

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="Babugee"]

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

TankZorz

That's the point. If you could beat the games in 2 days, you would still be complaining. I'm really enjoying the little adventure game. Being limited forces me to be more strategic in how I use my heroes. The only thing that annoys me is that 4/5 puzzle pieces I've bought in the last few days have gone to spots that were already filled.

So it's the facebook factor, play a game for 10 minutes then go do something else for six hours. Just this time you take a few hundred steps, spend them on a few items, then wait 24 hours.

champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts

And there is a cap on how many heroes you can buy in the Find Mii adventure as well. You can only hire 10 heroes per day. And as a previous poste has said, they run away every turn. If you use someone Mii from Streetpass, do they run away as well...or do they stay and finish the battle?

Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Babugee

And there is a cap on how many heroes you can buy in the Find Mii adventure as well. You can only hire 10 heroes per day. And as a previous poste has said, they run away every turn. If you use someone Mii from Streetpass, do they run away as well...or do they stay and finish the battle?

champofcube15
yes, they also run away