Pokemon with the wrong types

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

Can you suggest any pokemon that should be given new/another type/types?

1. Meganium should have been grass/dragon. I mean it was supposed to resemble a dinosaur so why not give it the appropriate type.

2. I've never understood why Garchomp is also a ground type. They should have broken tradition and kept the third evolution as solely dragon. Or maybe a Dragon/Water type would have suited it more because of it looks like a shark.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

I wouldn't consider Meganium a dragon at all... I mean, by that logic, any pokemon based on a dinosaur would have to be a dragon type...

Anyways, lot's of pokemon have more than one type combination that would work... For instance, Beedrill could just as easily be considered a bug/flying type.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Ground dragon? Makes sense.
smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

the gastly family shouldn't be poison, they gave them that type just to make them have weaknesses since in gen I there was no dark type and and only ghost attack had 20 power

the bulbasaur and bellsprout line do not look to poisonous neither

why is almost every bird normal type also?

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

the gastly family shouldn't be poison, they gave them that type just to make them have weaknesses since in gen I there was no dark type and and only ghost attack had 20 power

smurf_killer
Well, as I understand it, Gastly is made of poisonous gasses... But come to think of it, the Ghost type should be weak to psychic. It sort of feels to me like he's a poison type just so he has a psychic weakness, so I guess I agree with you there.
bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

smurf_killer
bellsprout line is poison/grass because it has acid in its bell. Is there any such thing as a pure flying type? thats crazy. Another interesting one is Gyradous. its known as a dragon, but its water/flying maybe it needs to be water/dragon. Water/flying is waayyyy to easy to kill. (hint hint just a little static shot here and there)
ausgamer529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ausgamer529
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

meganiums not a dragon. i mean oh yeah charizard resembles a dragon dose that mean it should be dragon? no!!

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I don't think Palkia should be a Water/Dragon. he only reason it has water in it's type is because it represents Pearls and pearls come from the ocean.

If they were going to do that, they should have at least given it gills or something.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

[QUOTE="smurf_killer"]

bisonfan2010

bellsprout line is poison/grass because it has acid in its bell. Is there any such thing as a pure flying type? thats crazy. Another interesting one is Gyradous. its known as a dragon, but its water/flying maybe it needs to be water/dragon. Water/flying is waayyyy to easy to kill. (hint hint just a little static shot here and there)

Gyarados being part flying does come with its advantages though. But I guess you're right if it was Water/dragon then it would be so much stronger.

VivaKatimari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 VivaKatimari
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts

Tropius(I think thats how you spell it) is flying some how?