Pokemon Platinum: Need Suggestions on Good Grass Type

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hellion04963 (25 posts) -
Alright so, I just got pokemon platinum a few days ago and I've beat 4 gyms with my current team but I think there's something missing like a grass type. Looking for something other then Leafeon please. My team so far: Lv. 29 Rotom Lv. 26 Eevee Lv. 27 Monferno Lv. 30 Staravia Lv. 30 Gastrodon Lv. 24 Gabite (Want to get rid of this)
#2 Posted by notyalemblem (324 posts) -

pre-national dex fully evolved grass or part grass types choose one you like:

Roserade

Wormadam

Cherrim

Carnivine

Torterra (you can't get it without trading)

Abomasnow

Tangrowth

Tropius

if you want any of the grass Pokemon from the national dex than you will have to trade for it.

#3 Posted by meiaman (3300 posts) -

pre-national dex fully evolved grass or part grass types choose one you like:

Roserade

Wormadam

Cherrim

Carnivine

Torterra (you can't get it without trading)

Abomasnow

Tangrowth

Tropius

if you want any of the grass Pokemon from the national dex than you will have to trade for it.

notyalemblem
Any of these pokemon except for wormadam are quite useful. And most of them are good if you abuse sunny day. Abomasnow is quite tricky. His stats are not bad, but its not good either, and his ice/grass type gives him 7 weaknesses (and double weakness against fire) while only 4 resistances, also the fact that he is slow doesn`t help. His base stats: HP: 90 Attack: 92 Defense: 75 Special Attack: 92 Special Defense: 85 Speed: 60 I would avoid him.
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
#4 Posted by XD4NTESINF3RNOX (7438 posts) -
Roserade is pretty awesome
#5 Posted by hellion04963 (25 posts) -
Where can I get an Abomasnow?
#6 Posted by notyalemblem (324 posts) -

Where can I get an Abomasnow?hellion04963

According to Serebii:

You can get the pre-evolution of Abomasnow, Snover, on route 216, route 217, Lake Acuity, Lake Acuity Lakefront, and Mt. Coronet top.

You can get Abomasnow only on Mt. Coronet top.

Snover evolves into Abomasnow at level 40.

#7 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -
Meganium!! Get a Chikorita and evolve it to bayleef then evolve it again :D Oh you can get pokemon not from national dex before you get it.
#8 Posted by hellion04963 (25 posts) -
Okay cool thanks guys. Does anyone know if Tropius is a good grass type for the time being? It's a Grass/Flying type that I just got from safari zone.
#9 Posted by meiaman (3300 posts) -
[QUOTE="hellion04963"]Okay cool thanks guys. Does anyone know if Tropius is a good grass type for the time being? It's a Grass/Flying type that I just got from safari zone.

It is somewhat bad. Good defenses, but not good enough. Low offensive and speed. Base stats: HP: 99 Attack: 68 Defense: 83 Special Attack: 72 Special Defense: 87 Speed: 51
#10 Posted by Maledizione (896 posts) -

I usually don't use grass type, but I'll try anyway.

Bulbasaur is pretty good.

Abomasnow will bring you victory most of the time.

Rosarade is a good fellow to have.

#11 Posted by hellion04963 (25 posts) -
Alright, I made my decision... I'm going with Snover until it evolves to Abomasnow at level 40. Thanks for the information guys. :)
Avatar image for lamborghini1134
#12 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -

get bulbasaur, and evolve it to final. i have these pokemon ....and they are an awesome team.

charizard-lv 57

venasaur-lv 54 ( i suggest this, it is good grass type, had it from lv 1)

blastoise- lv 55

gengar- lv 54

milotic- lv 100

the last pokemon i usually use lv 1 pokemon from eggs and get them to final evolution, if i like them, i keep them, i'm still searching.

#13 Posted by meiaman (3300 posts) -

The good thing i see on abomasnow is that he can be either physical or special without too much problem, but his 7 weaknesses is a problem. =O

Unless you baton pass a sub with agility boost, on competitive works quite well, because the enemy won`t know if he is physical or special `til its too late.

#14 Posted by hipgangsta (160 posts) -
Well Torterra or Tropius has to be my picks oh, and Roserade are good grass-types as well...
#15 Posted by xxartanisxx (417 posts) -

Get a mower rotom lmao :)

Otherwise i would go with the chikorita or a leafeon

#16 Posted by Master_Hermes (5913 posts) -

I have a Leafeon in my party. It's actually quite a good grass type. It has low HP stats but it also learns several moves that recover HP and it has good defense so it kind of evens out. You can evolve your Eevee into one.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
#17 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
Breloom. You can't go wrong with a grass fighting. Plus if you stop Shroomish from evolving into Breloom, it will eventually learn spore at Lv 45. A 100% sleep inducing move and only the second pokemon in the game able to learn that move