Pokemon HeartGod, SoulSilver DSi enhanced?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DSi/Pokemon+HeartGold/video.asp?c=14979

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but are these remakes going to be DSienhanced? And if so, to what extent?

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I don't hope they make it DSi enhanced, because I don't have a DSi and I don't plan on getting on

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
as far as we know, no. just a regular DS game with no DSi special features.
Avatar image for TehAwesomePwner
TehAwesomePwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 TehAwesomePwner
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

I doubt it, on the official Pokemon website it says it's for the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo DSi.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I doubt it, on the official Pokemon website it says it's for the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo DSi.

TehAwesomePwner

It could still have DSi Exclusive features that you could get if you play on the DSi but it would still work on the regular DS because DSi enhanced doesn't mean it isn't on the regular DS.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

We all know if Nintendo made this DSi exclusive, the DSi sales would even further eclipse DS lite.

But since this will only have some DSi enhanced features, it will help DSi sales even some, hopefully with DLC, etc.

Lol at all the people not wanting to embrace the evolution of tech and nintendo handhelds who wouldn't want new DLC gyms, badges, perhaps user generated badges and gyms, downloadable pokemon, using pictures to map as your gyms backgrounds, better graphics, and so many other things that could come from using features that would be exclusive to the DSi

But i fear no matter how much exclusive stuff nintendo gives the DSi, i'm predicting e3 2011 they will reveal a brand new handheld, if not earlier at nintendo conference 2010

like a DSevolution or something, entirely new and hopefully more powerful than the Cube

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

I don't hope they make it DSi enhanced, because I don't have a DSi and I don't plan on getting on

tom95b
Well, the thing with DSi-Enhanced titles is that you can still play the game on the DS, but it's different on the DSi. I don't see the problem :?
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

[QUOTE="tom95b"]

freakbabyblues-

Well, the thing with DSi-Enhanced titles is that you can still play the game on the DS, but it's different on the DSi. I don't see the problem :?

Exactly.

And I'm pretty sure Nintendo will make something for this game that is only for DSi and stuff. Afterall, DSi sales are incredible and this would only make them better, and there are only a few people left wo refused to upgrade. And oh well, it's thier loss.

SevenSlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SevenSlain
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts

I can't see it getting any necessary/useful DSi-exclusive features. Yea, you getta customize some gym walls with pictures you take, let's say. Big deal XD. I'd rather design it myself than take a picture of my pillowcase..lawl.

But it would suck if they made special features downloadable through the DSi-ware shop with points. :/ Like maybe an item, or masterballs for 10 points. XD who knows?

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

I can't see it getting any necessary/useful DSi-exclusive features. Yea, you getta customize some gym walls with pictures you take, let's say. Big deal XD. I'd rather design it myself than take a picture of my pillowcase..lawl.

But it would suck if they made special features downloadable through the DSi-ware shop with points. :/ Like maybe an item, or masterballs for 10 points. XD who knows?

SevenSlain
That would be impossible, 200's the lowest possible price on DSiWare :P. I don't think Nintendo would charge for Pokemon DLC. If they'll release the excellent Flipnote Studio for free, I would think they would make any tiny Pokemon DLC free too.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I really hope they do. No clue what they will add.

To be honest, I think it will just use the camera to put pictures on your Player Badge card thing. I think this will happen because if it is DSi-Enhanced, it will be one of the first of them, so it will not have anything extreme.

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts

We all know if Nintendo made this DSi exclusive, the DSi sales would even further eclipse DS lite.

But since this will only have some DSi enhanced features, it will help DSi sales even some, hopefully with DLC, etc.

Lol at all the people not wanting to embrace the evolution of tech and nintendo handhelds who wouldn't want new DLC gyms, badges, perhaps user generated badges and gyms, downloadable pokemon, using pictures to map as your gyms backgrounds, better graphics, and so many other things that could come from using features that would be exclusive to the DSi

But i fear no matter how much exclusive stuff nintendo gives the DSi, i'm predicting e3 2011 they will reveal a brand new handheld, if not earlier at nintendo conference 2010

like a DSevolution or something, entirely new and hopefully more powerful than the Cube

darth-pyschosis
I hope you know Nintendo won't do that. It's Nintendo. Otherwise, I don't really care about DSi features...it'll just like a camera add-on or something like that.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"][QUOTE="tom95b"]

Yoweeh

Exactly.

And I'm pretty sure Nintendo will make something for this game that is only for DSi and stuff. Afterall, DSi sales are incredible and this would only make them better, and there are only a few people left wo refused to upgrade. And oh well, it's thier loss.

Yeah you're right it isn't really a problem. It's good for the DSi owners:P

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

DevilBorg

I hope you know Nintendo won't do that. It's Nintendo. Otherwise, I don't really care about DSi features...it'll just like a camera add-on or something like that.

I said "But since this will only have some DSi enhanced features" that should tell you i don't expect it to be DSi exclusive

it will be on DS too

BUT, if nintendo did do it, they sure would sell DSi's even faster. its at what just under 7 million? I expect it to be near 12-15 million by the time these remakes hit next year in NA, so if nintendo wanted to make it DSi only, then everyone and their momma would buy DSi's, honestly Pokemon sells every handheld, even with GBC getting a 3 year life span, even with GBA getting a 3 year life span, and then the DS sold a bunch once Pokemon came out on it

no matter what the price it seems, no matter how minorly "upgraded" a console is over its last gen version, the Pokemon games hit 15-20 million and the system sky rockets. if Ninty did do it, well i don't think it would hurt there sales as much as some might think

at first yes, it'd be a much smaller consumr base so yes the sales would look and seem lower, but Pokemon is one of those titles that boost system and softwre sales for so long, give it 6 months and suddenly it would sell nearly as good as all other pokemon games

but lke i said before, twice now, i don't believe nintendo would make it DSi only

but i do expect some good DSi only games at stores next year, just not this one

Stevoman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevoman97
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I doubt a new system is coming. Systems' lives are getting longer and the DSi craze is still somewhat rampant upon America. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new system in 2012 or 2013, though.
SevenSlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SevenSlain
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts

So there's definitely no more transferring thru gba-paks through the pal-park, right? Since the DSi doesn't have a gba slot.. Sigh, only Wifi transferring? But that's sorta stupid, cos you'd need 2 systems presumably.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

So there's definitely no more transferring thru gba-paks through the pal-park, right? Since the DSi doesn't have a gba slot.. Sigh, only Wifi transferring? But that's sorta stupid, cos you'd need 2 systems presumably.

SevenSlain
It will be still playable on a DS. It'll just have more for it's buck on the DSi.