Pokemon Generation III Remake

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TairuSzoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 TairuSzoola
Member since 2012 • 83 Posts

Alright we need it, they finished their sequel which was great but a remake of the best generation is needed. It is tradition for us to get a remake to our favorite generations. So much to be done and stuff that is truley needed. All the other regions have some sort of remake onto the DS, being all were reformed onto another form of accesibility for DS players, although Hoenn got no such treatment.

Here are a couple ideas I thought for this remake

Pokemon follow you

Battle Frontier redone

3D Graphics

Hunger/bathroom meter! (Maybe to add to the realism of the game but maybe implemented later)

Trade with only Black/White 2

Let it continue the story from Black/White 2, like Mass Effect. Turn the game more Role Playing like how it should be. Have the story follow through all games. Stop repetition, let the game decesions actually matter.

Give more decesions

Any more ideas?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Here are a couple ideas I thought for this remake

Pokemon follow you Cool.

Battle Frontier redone Alright.

3D Graphics Uhuh.

Hunger/bathroom meter! (Maybe to add to the realism of the game but maybe implemented later) ...What? :|

Trade with only Black/White 2 Noooo...

Let it continue the story from Black/White 2, like Mass Effect. Turn the game more Role Playing like how it should be. Have the story follow through all games. Stop repetition, let the game decesions actually matter. I doubt we'd see much change as far as the story is concerned.

Give more decesions Might be cool for gen six if the decisions actually matter, but again, probably won't happen for this remake.

TairuSzoola

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Hunger/bathroom meter! (Maybe to add to the realism of the game but maybe implemented later)

TairuSzoola
I'd rather have this for the Pokemon. Just to have more player interaction with them.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="TairuSzoola"]

OreoMilkshake
I'd rather have this for the Pokemon. Just to have more player interaction with them.

You know, bathroom break/hunger meter reminds me of those tamagotchis that were popular many years ago xD.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The only thing really and truly necassary for me is to have Pokemon follow you (such an awesome idea! Why remove it form Black and White??!) and maybe a more fleshed out/ better storyline. Also, making it so you can catch event Pokemon (Jirachi, Deoxys) would be nice.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86

The only thing really and truly necassary for me is to have Pokemon follow you (such an awesome idea! Why remove it form Black and White??!) and maybe a more fleshed out/ better storyline. Also, making it so you can catch event Pokemon (Jirachi, Deoxys) would be nice.

turtlethetaffer
But if that happens, then they wouldn't be worth as much, since everyone can catch them, right?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

hydralisk86
But if that happens, then they wouldn't be worth as much, since everyone can catch them, right?

They're not worth much anyways, thousands of hacked ones are all over the world.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hydralisk86
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Blabadon

They're not worth much anyways, thousands of hacked ones are all over the world.

:( That makes me sad somehow. Hacks just ruin the game IMO.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="hydralisk86"] But if that happens, then they wouldn't be worth as much, since everyone can catch them, right?

:( That makes me sad somehow. Hacks just ruin the game IMO.

I'm all okay with someone hacking their game as long as they don't disrupt others. Besides, Nintendo's events and other methods of getting these Pokemon used to be terrible so hacks were even more beneficial to the regular player. I'm not ever going to hack my game though, I like Game Freak's games the way they are
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I have a feeling that they won't do another remake until the next Pokemon gen. I'd assume that they'd want to use the same engine as a 3DS Pokemon game, which doesn't yet exist. Don't know if they'd make a new engine just for a remake.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
No we just a got a game. A gen 3 remake is not even needed and your idea suck TBH.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Let it continue the story from Black/White 2, like Mass Effect. Turn the game more Role Playing like how it should be. Have the story follow through all games. Stop repetition, let the game decesions actually matter.

Give more decesions

TairuSzoola
i would like that more
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Pokemon follow you - Yeah Battle Frontier redone - Yeah 3D Graphics - It will be using 5th gen engine, so it will be half 3D Hunger/bathroom meter! (Maybe to add to the realism of the game but maybe implemented later) - why in the god's name do you want Pokemon game to have that? Why the hell does Pokemon need to be realistic? Trade with only Black/White 2 - .... why the limit? Let it continue the story from Black/White 2, like Mass Effect. Turn the game more Role Playing like how it should be. Have the story follow through all games. Stop repetition, let the game decesions actually matter. - Mass Effect is a RPG? That's new to me..... Pokemon is not about the superfluous story "decisions" that Mass Effect tries to fool its players that they are getting, it's about a complete freedom in your party members. Give more decisions - Like I said, it's hardly necessary. It won't hurt, but I'd rather have them divert the resources to make that to actually making a good story to begin with.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

*Sigh*

You guys never learn,do you?

They will NOT remake Gen III,Arceus-damnit!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

*Sigh*

You guys never learn,do you?

They will NOT remake Gen III,Arceus-damnit!

GreekGameManiac

Nothing you've said on the subject is very convincing, so maybe we have a bad teacher. Xat-chew.gif

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac

Nothing you've said on the subject is very convincing, so maybe we have a bad teacher. Xat-chew.gif

Pixel-Perfect

Hah,that's YOUR opinion my dear!

:)

Seriously,i doubt they are remaking them,they are probably thinking of new Pokemon games atm.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

GreekGameManiac

Hah,that's YOUR opinion my dear!

:)

Seriously,i doubt they are remaking them,they are probably thinking of new Pokemon games atm.

The remakes are bound to happen at some point.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

Trade with only Black/White 2

TairuSzoola

Having a hunger or bathroom meter is a terrible idea. That makes it more simulation-esque than it needs to be. If it's largely implemented than it would be too annoying when you're trying to grind or do whatever you want to do. And what would the repercussions of not maintaining the Pokemon be? If it's level or stats loss it would have too much of an impact on the game. So to force an idea like this into Pokemon would be foolish. Having the ability to do something such as communicate with the Pokemon would be interaction enough.

Why would limiting trade be a good idea? I see only negatives to this.

And since when is Mass Effect more of an rpg than Pokemon? Pokemon is a very traditional rpg. It has a traditional, well done turn-based battle system. It has potions and such, as well as battle items. It has traditional boss battles in the way of gym leaders and the final four. The thing that sets it apart is how well done the monster catching and training aspect is. Mass Effect is a more modern, "western" rpg that does not share common rpg roots with Pokemon. And how would continuing the story make it more of an rpg? As a new region is introduced, the story breaks up into a new journey with new characters. It's a system that works just fine and introduces some amount of freshness to each installment.

Your comments show a lack of appreciation for, as well as a lack of knowledge of the franchise, its roots, its history, and what makes it so great. The suggestions I have responded to would be a detriment to the franchise and its future.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreekGameManiac

turtlethetaffer

Are they?

Maybe,but there's a possibility they won't happen.

And it's NOT a slim one.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 turtlethetaffer

GreekGameManiac

Are they?

Maybe,but there's a possibility they won't happen.

And it's NOT a slim one.

Based on what? They've remade every game thus far, what's to stop them from remaking gen 3? they'd be foolish not to.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Just give us Gen6 on the 3DS!!
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreekGameManiac

Based on what? They've remade every game thus far, what's to stop them from remaking gen 3? they'd be foolish not to.

turtlethetaffer

>_>

*Sigh*

Did u see remakes of every game in every series ever made?

No.

Just because they remade the first two gens,doesn't mean they will do Gen III.

We don't have a guarantee.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 turtlethetaffer

GreekGameManiac

>_>

*Sigh*

No.

Ok, let me phrase it this way... if the pattern that started at gen 3 continued, we will get a gen 3 remake at some point.

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

TairuSzoola

Their Pokemon not Giga Pets

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

GreekGameManiac

>_>

*Sigh*

No.

You still haven't provided a reason within the series. Here are several good reasons why it could happen. 1. GBA games and the systems they play on are becoming more and more outdated. Not everybody has access to the gen 3 games anymore and importing is not as easy as the D/P days. 2. All the Kanto, and Johto Pokemon were made avalible between all the gen 3 games, including Firered/Leafgreen. Heart gold and soul silver were technicly superflouious in this regard, which brings me to my next point... 3. Fans clearly want them, hence this conversation. 4. Money. Pokemon brings in the money and Gamefreak being a business, likes money. So while there is a chance they won't happen, your incorrect, it's actually a pretty slim chance they won't come at some point. Next gen if not this one.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

We don't need a Gen III remake. The games still stand very well against even the newer pokemon games. Although it would be interesting to see what they could do with it on the 3DS.

videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

Guys did you forget about black 2 and white 2 or something. We arent gonna get anything for a while now....No Gen 6, No remakes.

HotelShy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HotelShy
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

I havent played Pokemon in a long time and dont plan to buy bw2. But if a 3rd gen remake did come out i would get back into the series. btw Mudkip is so cute :3

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I'd buy it but I doubt they'd remake it.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Toxic-Seahorse

Guys did you forget about black 2 and white 2 or something. We arent gonna get anything for a while now....No Gen 6, No remakes.

videog
Which is stupid. Instead of an original game we get a rehash of B/W. Nintendo seems to finally understand that they can milk the main pokemon games too, which isn't good news.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="videog"]

Toxic-Seahorse
Which is stupid. Instead of an original game we get a rehash of B/W. Nintendo seems to finally understand that they can milk the main pokemon games too, which isn't good news.

I think it was GF's decision to make sequels as opposed to Nintendo.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="videog"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

I think it was GF's decision to make sequels as opposed to Nintendo.

Nintendo has to approve it though, they are the publishers. They tell GF what to do.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GreekGameManiac

You still haven't provided a reason within the series. Here are several good reasons why it could happen. 1. GBA games and the systems they play on are becoming more and more outdated. Not everybody has access to the gen 3 games anymore and importing is not as easy as the D/P days. 2. All the Kanto, and Johto Pokemon were made avalible between all the gen 3 games, including Firered/Leafgreen. Heart gold and soul silver were technicly superflouious in this regard, which brings me to my next point... 3. Fans clearly want them, hence this conversation. 4. Money. Pokemon brings in the money and Gamefreak being a business, likes money. So while there is a chance they won't happen, your incorrect, it's actually a pretty slim chance they won't come at some point. Next gen if not this one.

darkspineslayer

1.it doesn't matter,that doesn't guarantee a remake.

2.They can just include them in the new games,you know....

3.So? just because so many Gen III fans want it,doesn't mean it will.We don't always get what we want,you know.

4.They already are making money,and new and hugely improved games can bring them money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]You still haven't provided a reason within the series. Here are several good reasons why it could happen. 1. GBA games and the systems they play on are becoming more and more outdated. Not everybody has access to the gen 3 games anymore and importing is not as easy as the D/P days. 2. All the Kanto, and Johto Pokemon were made avalible between all the gen 3 games, including Firered/Leafgreen. Heart gold and soul silver were technicly superflouious in this regard, which brings me to my next point... 3. Fans clearly want them, hence this conversation. 4. Money. Pokemon brings in the money and Gamefreak being a business, likes money. So while there is a chance they won't happen, your incorrect, it's actually a pretty slim chance they won't come at some point. Next gen if not this one.

GreekGameManiac

1.it doesn't matter,that doesn't guarantee a remake.

2.They can just include them in the new games,you know....

3.So? just because so many Gen III fans want it,doesn't mean it will.We don't always get what we want,you know.

4.They already are making money,and new and hugely improved games can bring them money.

Ignoring my points doesn't mean you made any yourself. I never said it was a guarantee either, I just said here are some reasons Game freak is probably considering it. You have yet to provide any valid reasons to the contrary other than they don't need to exist. Like I said, neither did HG/SS. (and in this case, historically backed arguments and observations are valid, not halfhearted attempts at rebuttals that have little to do with what I actually said.)
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreekGameManiac

Ignoring my points doesn't mean you made any yourself. I never said it was a guarantee either, I just said here are some reasons Game freak is probably considering it. You have yet to provide any valid reasons to the contrary other than they don't need to exist. Like I said, neither did HG/SS. (and in this case, historically backed arguments and observations are valid, not halfhearted attempts at rebuttals that have little to do with what I actually said.)darkspineslayer

>_>

I never fckn "ignored" your points,damnit.

And i'm sure i did have one.

There's no absolute guarantee,mate.

:/

And that's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Ignoring my points doesn't mean you made any yourself. I never said it was a guarantee either, I just said here are some reasons Game freak is probably considering it. You have yet to provide any valid reasons to the contrary other than they don't need to exist. Like I said, neither did HG/SS. (and in this case, historically backed arguments and observations are valid, not halfhearted attempts at rebuttals that have little to do with what I actually said.)GreekGameManiac

>_>

I never fckn "ignored" your points,damnit.

And i'm sure i did have one.

There's no absolute guarantee,mate.

And that's all.

You sure as hell didn't prove them wrong if you didn't ignore them. Maybe you did in another thread. Please feel free to repost it once you find it. Again, I never said there was a guarantee. I simply argued for why they could be considered, 'mate'. Calm down, bro. Your getting worked up over a simple debate.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GreekGameManiac

[You sure as hell didn't prove them wrong if you didn't ignore them. Maybe you did in another thread. Please feel free to repost it once you find it. Again, I never said there was a guarantee. I simply argued for why they could be considered, 'mate'. Calm down, bro. Your getting worked up over a simple debate.darkspineslayer

Well i can't be searching for a thread.

It don't matter anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][You sure as hell didn't prove them wrong if you didn't ignore them. Maybe you did in another thread. Please feel free to repost it once you find it. Again, I never said there was a guarantee. I simply argued for why they could be considered, 'mate'. Calm down, bro. Your getting worked up over a simple debate.GreekGameManiac

Well i can't be searching for a thread.

It don't matter anyway.

Yeah, ok :roll: Back up your bold assertations with fact next time. Save yourself the grief.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GreekGameManiac

Yeah, ok :roll: Back up your bold assertations with fact next time. Save yourself the grief.darkspineslayer

:s

I don't even know wtf you mean!!

Be specific?

And as i said,i can't be searching over a thread.

Are you kidding me?

And i already said what i had to say,get it.

I GAVE you reasoning,now get that.

Thank you.

And i said i'm done,didn't i?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Yeah, ok :roll: Back up your bold assertations with fact next time. Save yourself the grief.GreekGameManiac

:s

I don't even know wtf you mean!!

Be specific?

And as i said,i can't be searching over a thread.

Are you kidding me?

And i already said what i had to say,get it.

I GAVE you reasoning,now get that.

Thank you.

And i said i'm done,didn't i?

And yet you continue to post? Done, huh? All I'm asking for is a valid reason why you think gen 3 won't get a remake. So far, I've given 4 reasons why it probably will. And "Just because they remade the first two generations doesn't mean they will remake the third" isn't a reason. Your right, it doesn't mean sh*t, and it defiantly doesn't mean they HAVE to do it. But it's not a reason why they would gloss over it either. Asking you to search for a thread was rhetorical. I never assumed you would. But you clearly have a position on the matter...I'm just asking you to defend it a little better.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="videog"]

Toxic-Seahorse

3rd version with a bit of improvement = good thing a new sequel with tons of additions = milking WTF? Besides, it usually takes around 3-4 years to get to a new generation anyway, so I really don't see why people are whining.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Toxic-Seahorse

funsohng

3rd version with a bit of improvement = good thing a new sequel with tons of additions = milking WTF? Besides, it usually takes around 3-4 years to get to a new generation anyway, so I really don't see why people are whining.

If you actually read my posts in this thread you'd see that I don't want a Gen III remake. Also, the same region with a worse story and new features is hardly a good new game. It's like what Call of Duty does, but even worse. At least in CoD you get all new places to go. I know B/W 2 has some new places, but it also uses a lot of old ones. Please note that I'm not saying B/W 2 is a bad game, it's definitely good, but don't say it's not milking.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

I could see them doing a Gen III remake obviously for money, and the systems they play on phased out. However, the games still hold up well technically. Gens I and II had very poor graphics and less features than what we have now. Gen III's graphics are obviously not on the same level as the new gens, but are much more comparable.

I personally don't think they need a remake, but I think there's a good chance they'll get one at some point.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#45 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
it would be a great place to start for making a 3D game only for the 3DS
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

funsohng

So when do you think we will get Gen6?
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Gen 3 is extremely underrated compared to the overrated Gen 1/2. So yeah, I'd support a remake, although I don't care if they don't go through with it, the GBA ones are perfect enough.

swat1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 swat1912
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts

Pokemon follow you-- YES!!

Battle Frontier redone-- YES

3D Graphics--YES

i don't think this would work good in this game it would eb annoying to have to eat/go to washroom

Trade with only Black/White 2-- why just black and white why not other games :/

--na new people makes the game more interesting maybe cross region in one game but idk

Give more decesions--yes why not but not to many

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
They need to make sure you are able to swim faster with surf by holding down "B."
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#50 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
Sapphire is my all time favorite Pokemon game, so I am really hoping that Gen III remakes for the 3DS will be the next Pokemon games.