KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

moment of truth. Will it be epic? mario odyssey/breath of the wild level? will it be lets go part 2?

@RSM-HQ this will make or break the switch in 2019?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

@RSM-HQ this will make or break the switch in 2019?

Not really, Switch isn't in a state of desperation for 2019. Would even state they've got a better line-up than 2018.

Looking forward to the new Pokémon, no question. But Super Mario Maker 2 is something that got me and many jumping up in excitement, add Animal Crossing Switch and it'll be a fine year. That's three great games guaranteed.

Not to mention what about the Retro Studio game that was in development before Prime4, and will we find out at e3 or future direct?

mario odyssey/breath of the wild level? will it be lets go part 2?

I hope for non of the three. Especially the last one_

It just needs to be a good RPG. Could do with a higher quality Single Player, shorter, and better paced. And more game modes for multiplayer. Bring back rotations. And advertise a bank feature for 3DS/ Switch compatibility.

This is most of what Pokémon fans want based on GFAQs and I'm in agreement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@RSM-HQ: You forgot Fire Emblem! So either way there will be a decent 1st-party RPG this year.

Anyway, I'm hopeful for this Direct. If it ends up having nothing to do with a new pokemon game I would probably just laugh at myself lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Well that kinda surpassed my expectations. Everyone who was hoping for a larger, more sprawling world will be pleased!

Sobble is gonna be my starter I think. I like its timid personality, and I haven't chosen a water-type starter in quite a while.

I also think that Sword and Shield is a good name. Heck of a lot better than King and Queen or Crown and Sceptre. Come to think of it Idk how rumors were circulating that this was based off of the UK or any particular country at all.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Ovirew said:

You forgot Fire Emblem! So either way there will be a decent 1st-party RPG this year.

Tactical RPGs are very time consuming so I rarely pay them much mind. Makai Senki Disgaea is enough for me. But yes, for those who want even more variety have it.

The Sword and Shield trailer was excellent! Looks like an improved Sun and Moon, let's hope in the right areas.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd

graphics are not quite as good as mario odyssey and zelda breath of the wild. unfortunately.

definitely better tha lets go's simple cell shaded look.

the artstyle is quite nice and i think some areas will look beautiful. like that cave with the rainbow colored crystals and the forrests.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Quite disappointing to see the graphic quality. This should have been a much bigger leap from the 3DS.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah this is a disappointment even considering I haven't played Pokemon since X/Y. I was hoping that this would be the game that'd get me back into the series but maybe not! We'll have to wait & see.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Rewatched the trailer like 5 or 6 times now and I'm very hyped.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

With so many above being disappointing in graphics and non-open world, I'm backing to my previous post and glad that never happened-

Openworld does not equal a better game. Level design has far more to it than that. Majority of openworld games are streamlined experiences, they encourage exploiting poor design. Think the last decade has shown that with numerous franchises. In fact for the majority openworlds have grown stale. While Breath and Odyssey are great games would argue it is not because they are 'open world'. And more the level of polish put into the fundamentals.

And never considered cutting edge graphics one of Game Freaks specialities, at least with a less demanding engine on Switch we maybe able to get more on screen at once, and maybe even more trainers battling at once. Gives us more possibilities for potential battle modes to be added.

That stadium was a nice shot in the trailer, I hope it's not just Battle Royal Dome from S/M. Also hope we don't have to wear that goofy outfit/ and it be purely optional.

@mandzilla said:

Watched but once yet it succeeded in giving me a reason to pre-order. While not as hyped as you maybe I am pretty excited.

I had little issues with what was shown. It showed a core Pokémon with none of the fluff or stupidity from Let's Go. Not sure I like the setting more than Alola, though the activity going on the the city scene was very cool. Riding those trains will be ironic I spend hours on those blasted things every weekday haha.

This looked like the real Pokémon game most fans are craving for, and that's some 16 million based on Sun/ Moon sales from the 3DS. Which for clarification is higher than Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. So core Pokémon fans are far from a fleeting demographic.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

@RSM-HQ said:

With so many above being disappointing in graphics and non-open world, I'm backing to my previous post and glad that never happened-

Openworld does not equal a better game. Level design has far more to it than that. Majority of openworld games are streamlined experiences, they encourage exploiting poor design. Think the last decade has shown that with numerous franchises. In fact for the majority openworlds have grown stale. While Breath and Odyssey are great games would argue it is not because they are 'open world'. And more the level of polish put into the fundamentals.

And never considered cutting edge graphics one of Game Freaks specialities, at least with a less demanding engine on Switch we maybe able to get more on screen at once, and maybe even more trainers battling at once. Gives us more possibilities for potential battle modes to be added.

That stadium was a nice shot in the trailer, I hope it's not just Battle Royal Dome from S/M. Also hope we don't have to wear that goofy outfit/ and it be purely optional.

@mandzilla said:

Watched but once yet it succeeded in giving me a reason to pre-order. While not as hyped as you maybe I am pretty excited.

I had little issues with what was shown. It showed a core Pokémon with none of the fluff or stupidity from Let's Go. Not sure I like the setting more than Alola, though the activity going on the the city scene was very cool. Riding those trains will be ironic I spend hours on those blasted things every weekday haha.

This looked like the real Pokémon game most fans are craving for, and that's some 16 million based on Sun/ Moon sales from the 3DS. Which for clarification is higher than Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. So core Pokémon fans are far from a fleeting demographic.

pokemon lets go revealed. you shit on it. i defend it.

pokemon gen 8 revealed. i criticize it. you defend it.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I'm honestly pretty stunned by all of the mixed reactions to Sword and Shield. I watched the Direct when it aired, and I walked away from it incredibly pleased. But I see a surprising number of people unhappy with what was shown, and I don't see why.

This is pretty much the big, massive console Pokemon game people have been asking for for years. They unveil it, and people whine about graphics, and things being too similar to the other games. Like what was everyone else expecting?

If you got some Pokemon MMO it would probably suck because it's nothing at all like the other Pokemon games. If you got some game where every Pokemon looked realistic like in Detective Pikachu it'd be awful because they'd be ugly as hell lol.

But idk, that's just my outlook anyway. I'm really excited for this game, it'll definitely be a landmark launch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Ovirew: My thoughts exactly, I think many of the Let's Go, Go, and Genwunners crowd forget that The Pokémon Company also connect these games to transfer Gamer favorite Pokémon. Why catch it all over again ,when the player may already have a well trained list of Pokémon (I wonder how they'll connect the 3DS to Switch?)

A 'Breath of the Wild' game would overall change the mechanics, stats, and move selection and would only work as a spin-off like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. This would make the beloved transfer of game-to-game nonsensical. Also some of us think that's as appealing as dry paint. Pokémons best feature(s) are the trading and competitive/ coop multiplayer. If one just wants single player openworld exclusives? I assure you a box called the PlayStation 4 offers plenty.

Core fans want an RPG, an improved in the right areas. Hopefully a more brief and well fleshed out storymode without the tired tropes. And a superior focus on multiplayer both for accessibility, quality, and range. Did not enjoy the plaza and hope it died like a bad habit.

@KBFloYd said:

lol

Yeah ironic how we're on two sides of a fence. I'm not going to state me wanting a good RPG should fit everyone. I accept some people prefer low budget mobile games, with motion controls, and a streamlined experience taken too far. Different strokes for different folks_

I want a Pokémon game, you want Wii Sports Pokémon edition. Either way Gamefreak and The Pokémon Company wins, and that Let's Go money only makes my experience hopefully better ツ

With that stated. Are you at least over calling Let's Go the most difficult Pokémon game ever made. Or still believing that?

difficulty: ok...whoever said this was casual trash is wrong. catching pokemon is even harder now than in the real games. even weak pokemon dont like to get caught and many jump around making motion control throwing hard. not to mention the battles are just as strategic or maybe more. to me this game feels a bit tougher and more rewarding than the original on the gameboy.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/lets-go-pikachuevee-impressions-33446511/?page=1

Oh KBFloYd you have made some odd statements in the conversations I've shared with you. But I at least respect your passion to believe the nonsensical

world is not MH5 and it is debatable. Resident Evil 4 made huge changes and many liked them but the OG fixed camera Resident evil are still considered "real RE" 4 is not

This quote still blows my mind, never read anything quite like it. I salute anyone that makes me remember a dated thread lol.

At anycase, so long as you enjoyed whatever Let's Go offers, what do I care at this point. . Shield is coming and looking forward to porting over my crew to play some online. Hopefully the SP section is acceptable but I'm cautious with that aspect.

Just an estimate but with a fully portable Switch rumored on its way and bundles all but guaranteed. I can easily see Shield/Sword selling 15 million copies. I at least expect it to match par with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the long run.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KBFloYd

@RSM-HQ said:

@Ovirew: My thoughts exactly, I think many of the Let's Go, Go, and Genwunners crowd forget that The Pokémon Company also connect these games to transfer Gamer favorite Pokémon. Why catch it all over again ,when the player may already have a well trained list of Pokémon (I wonder how they'll connect the 3DS to Switch?)

A 'Breath of the Wild' game would overall change the mechanics, stats, and move selection and would only work as a spin-off like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. This would make the beloved transfer of game-to-game nonsensical. Also some of us think that's as appealing as dry paint. Pokémons best feature(s) are the trading and competitive/ coop multiplayer. If one just wants single player openworld exclusives? I assure you a box called the PlayStation 4 offers plenty.

Core fans want an RPG, an improved in the right areas. Hopefully a more brief and well fleshed out storymode without the tired tropes. And a superior focus on multiplayer both for accessibility, quality, and range. Did not enjoy the plaza and hope it died like a bad habit.

@KBFloYd said:

lol

Yeah ironic how we're on two sides of a fence. I'm not going to state me wanting a good RPG should fit everyone. I accept some people prefer low budget mobile games, with motion controls, and a streamlined experience taken too far. Different strokes for different folks_

I want a Pokémon game, you want Wii Sports Pokémon edition. Either way Gamefreak and The Pokémon Company wins, and that Let's Go money only makes my experience hopefully better ツ

With that stated. Are you at least over calling Let's Go the most difficult Pokémon game ever made. Or still believing that?

difficulty: ok...whoever said this was casual trash is wrong. catching pokemon is even harder now than in the real games. even weak pokemon dont like to get caught and many jump around making motion control throwing hard. not to mention the battles are just as strategic or maybe more. to me this game feels a bit tougher and more rewarding than the original on the gameboy.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/lets-go-pikachuevee-impressions-33446511/?page=1

Oh KBFloYd you have made some odd statements in the conversations I've shared with you. But I at least respect your passion to believe the nonsensical

world is not MH5 and it is debatable. Resident Evil 4 made huge changes and many liked them but the OG fixed camera Resident evil are still considered "real RE" 4 is not

This quote still blows my mind, never read anything quite like it. I salute anyone that makes me remember a dated thread lol.

At anycase, so long as you enjoyed whatever Let's Go offers, what do I care at this point. . Shield is coming and looking forward to porting over my crew to play some online. Hopefully the SP section is acceptable but I'm cautious with that aspect.

Just an estimate but with a fully portable Switch rumored on its way and bundles all but guaranteed. I can easily see Shield/Sword selling 15 million copies. I at least expect it to match par with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the long run.

bro, i am not saying pokemon lets go is better than normal pokemon games. The only thing i think is better is being able to see the pokemon on the field. i dont like random encounters. thats the only thing i like better. i dont like motion control catching. it doesnt work right. also the graphics on lets go were better than any pokemon game before it so that made it better to me than all the other games.

so again i dont want gen 8 to play exactly like lets go. i wanted gen 8 to be BETTER than lets go. however graphically its not the leap i was hoping for. thats what im critizing in gen 8 reveal. only thing i wanted to transfer over from lets go is the ability to see the pokemon on the field. that's it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@KBFloYd: So 've gtta ask becauae this has come up a lot, but what were you particularly expecting from Sword and Shield graphically? What did you have in mind for the graphics?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@Ovirew said:

@KBFloYd: So 've gtta ask becauae this has come up a lot, but what were you particularly expecting from Sword and Shield graphically? What did you have in mind for the graphics?

for one i wanted camera control with the right stick instead of a fixed view. so i could see all the scenery around me. Also the textures on sword and shield look wii or wiiU level. They didnt take the time to make all the textures clear and detailed. im fine if its 720p or 900p. resolution is not a big deal to me. camera and textures are the major things for me. look at the grass textures. really bad. grass on breath of the wild was beautiful.

if they make the game 60fps then that will be a big positive. then maybe i understand why graphics were a bit dissapointing. but if this is 30fps then i think they are not fully utilizing the switch. As for the fixed camera view unfortunately that will be in the game and i think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@KBFloYd: It does look like a fixed camera in most of the trailer, but at one point the camera moves around both trainers as it introduces them more clearly. Idk if this was just done for the trailer or if you do have some camera control, though. Maybe the camera is fixed in certain spots - towns, small paths and caves - but not on a sprawling overworld?

Regardless I don't really see a fixed camera as a major flaw. FFX had a fixed camera, and that made it easier to hide items behind stuff.

I still don't really see where graphics that bad, this is a noticeable jump from Sun and Moon.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:
@mandzilla said:

Yeah, it's looking great imo. :)

The setting is very interesting, but I'm sure we will see more of the map in the months to come. It's actually quite surprising how much they revealed, considering it was the first trailer. Alola was awesome though you're right, however the bustling city scene in this one will be unlike any other Pokemon game so far! You can be training your Pokemon, then take them on a train... while you're on the train yourself. Trainception. :P

Indeed, people just need to have faith and give it a chance. Game Freak know what they're doing. The only thing which would have been cool to see carried over from the Let's Go games is the Pokemon following you around on the map, though I can see why they decided not to with the sheer amount of Pokemon models/evolutions they'd have to animate.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RSM-HQ

@mandzilla: Indeed, some like to dismiss Pokémon for its success. Was once like that myself till I really dived into the addictive multiplayer, jolliness of the games, and actual depth of training teams. Let's not brush over that Pokémon is not only the most successful RPG in existence, but has also benefited gaming culture globally.

Imagine the few dislike the formula for the same reason as Tetris and 2D Mario, doesn't stray from its demographic, and some dislike that they understand the appeal.

If anyone played Sun and Moon they would know how much The Pokémon Company moved forward while being faithful (which is the clever way to handle sequels). No Gyms, free movement, adventuring NPCs, the removal of HMs, grown-up Red and Green. List goes on.

I don't think The Pokémon Company will 'play it safe' as much the above think. Considering it's the same team who worked on S/M. And now they have basically no hardware limitations to the engine. It will however be faithful to fans. Who frankly are the audience that makes Pokémon the success it is.

You can be training your Pokemon, then take them on a train... while you're on the train yourself. Trainception. :P

hahaha